Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I haven't heard anything, I dont know about anyone else!! Share if you have :) We'd like to know! Good Luck, I dont know what to say except waiting is all we can do!

Has everyone that applied for a PI, already completed the CP.

My niece was interested in the PI program, but was told by Disney she would have to the CP first.

Nope, have not heard anything on this end yet. Today was the last day that my school was taking applications for the internship so I am hoping to here something within the next few weeks.

Sammie, As far I as know about the CP, before PI, I have heard many different things from many different people from my school and the Disney Company. Some of the interns have done college program some have not. Some internships do not have a college program qualification and some do. Some people who have more theme park experience than others were able to get internships without the CP that had CP as a qualification. I think it would a case by case situation. I know many people in the CP and it is great experience, it is something I would do if I did not live in the Orlando area. I think it would depend on which internship your niece wanted, her major in school, what year she is, if she has any previous experience,etc...I am definitely not an expert on this but theres are just a few things I have heard from various people. I applied for a a PI that does have a CP qualification but becuase I am currently cast memeber and Disney has a very good relationship with my school, they offer internships to us through the school.

Zada82, I too jump everytime the phone rings and I am constantly checking my e-mail as well. I hope we hear something soon. And about Orlando, there are many great places to live here, I have lived in this are for a little over 20 years and place to spend the rest of my working life here. Of course like with any other city there are places you do want to stay away from. Good Luck and I hope you here something soon!

I got a call today and will be interviewing again this Thursday! My interview is with the International Sales Department. She told me this would be the first internship they have done in that department!

Wow! I am so glad that one of us heard something. Hopefully this means that the rest of us will be hearing something soon. I noticed that the internship that they are interviewing you for is not the one you applied for. Is this true? If so, what was their reason for the suggestion? Did they give you any details about how the interview will be? Will it be like the first phone interview. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Both for you and me. I am wondering if the second phone interview is going to be tougher. The first one wasn't so bad but I was so nervous that I spit out some goofy answers and maybe not the best ones either. Good Luck!!! I am so happy for you and am envious too. I can't wait for my call.

Well, I applied for a Travel Sales Industry one, but during the first interview, they told me to pick a focus, because the ones i applied for were too broad, so I narrowed it down, but didn't pick the Travel Sales Industry Internship. So, yes, i was a little surprised to hear from the International Travel department! I dont know the reason for the suggestion. All I was told was that my resume was passed on to them and they wanted to interview me. I have no idea if it will be like the first interview, they didn't tell me and I didn't find it necessary to ask...although I would have liked to. Most likely, its going to be more job specific than the first interview. I really enjoyed my first interview, the lady was so nice. Im sure the second one will be a little different, but I dont know about tougher! lol, I definitely said some goofy answers as well. I think I actually said that I was computer alliterate, instead of literate, I don't know, but the interviewer was really nice so we had a laugh at that! lol! Good Luck to you., im sure you will get a call soon! They are just taking their time, I guess... I did hear it was a long process!

I've applied for 3 PI's: Operations Management, MK Special Events & Wedding Services

I had my first interview.. still waiting on the phone call for the next one!!

*How did your interview go Rusty?

Kim ~ It went really well! It was sort of a strange structure. There weren't questions regarding the position, but it was like a regular conversation. It was strange, but it worked. We hit it off and I feel good about it! Thanks for asking!

sounds like the first interview :thumbsup2 glad it went well... now I just wait for MY phone call hehe :sunny:

Good Luck! Im thinking there won't be anymore interviews with that position, i dont know, just the things the interviewer was saying sounded somewhat final! But, I guess you never know!

RUSTYFLWR: I am so glad to hear from you. I have been anticipating your interview like it was mine. I read what you wrote earlier but can I get a little more details. What kind of conversation stuff were you talking a about? Was it personal or did it seem like they were using like psychological type questions to learn more about you. And, when you say that the interview sounded final, what made you think that? Did they say when you would here back or was it left wide open? Sorry to be so nosy. I haven't received my call yet and I am getting antsier than ever. I am getting worried that you have already interviewed and I haven't even gotten the call for one. I hope that doesn't mean I won't. Well, I am so very happy for you and look forward to meeting you soon in the Business world. Keep me posted on what happens and don't forget about us when you get the final word. We will miss you.

:cool1:

It seemed personal, but it very well could have been an interview to see how well I converse with people. part of the internship deals with communicating with others over the phone, etc! I'll keep everyone posted. We'll see what happens, but Im hoping I will be getting a call back! :) Good Luck, im sure the phone calls will be coming shortly! It does seem to be quite a long process!!

no one else has received a 2nd call yet?? :mad:

:offtopic:
and can I just say how much I LOVE these smilies??? :stir: :badpc: ::cop: pixiedust: :disrocks:

:cloud9:

Guess what guys? I received my call today. It was not for Operations Management like I thought it would be but I was still very excited. It was for Merchandise Management. I think that will be very cool too. My second interview has to take place at MGM Studios in the beginning of November. I will be there. No problem. Did anyone else hear anything today? I am so glad the wait for that is over. I also hope there isn't any more waiting after the next interview. I want to be smiling on my drive home to start packing. Good luck!!!!!

Hey, thats great! Congrats. Thats pretty awesome that your interview is at MGM...My favorite park!

Good Luck. Im still waiting on word from my second interview. I dont know, it took them a month to contact me after the first one, Im thinking it will take that long again!

awesome!!! So, is Disney paying for anything to get you DOWN to MGM???? :)

No. They aren't paying anything. But, I didn't really give them a chance to offer. To be honest, when she asked if I could make it I just said yes. I want them to know how much I really want the position. I only live in Jacksonville, Florida. It takes between 2 and 4 hours to get there depending on traffic, construction, etc. I'm sure they have a plan for others who need more help. Or maybe they have a different interviewing process in those situations. I am excited about going backstage MGM for my interview though. When you worked all of your positions for Disney, did they offer you any travel assistance or reimbursement?

oh, that's not bad at all! I didn't look at where you were from.. :)

That'll be fun!

I haven't been offered Travel reimbursements before. I interviewed recently at the Disney Casting office for other positions. I was told that I had to be there to interview, but as I live in Virginia, it was a little harder to do that. Even considering the distance I had to travel, I wasn't offered any type of reimbursements. Which is fine with me, but I guess it would have been an added bonus :) It's all worth it in the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter