**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

They ran both shows around the holidays (at least in 2017, can’t recall if they did again last year?)

Good call on 2017, yes, you’re right about that now that I look back. They didn’t run both last year (2018). So I guess it’s possible. Totally forgot about that!

Good call on 2017, yes, you’re right about that now that I look back. They didn’t run both last year (2018). So I guess it’s possible. Totally forgot about that!
I only remember that because we tried to fit both into our HS night that year.

With Disney, anything is possible! LOL!

I was happy to see the dessert party was available for my September trip, so I booked it! The booking says it starts at 8:30 p.m. (fireworks are at 10 p.m.). My conundrum is that we have a Savi's Workshop reservation for 8:05 p.m. I know Savi's takes about 20 minutes, but it's anyone's guess if the experience will start exactly at 8:05 p.m. There aren't any other Savi's reservations available now.

Think it's possible (or advisable) to do both? I'm thinking I would be too stressed out trying to fit it all in to enjoy either one . . . but I can't decide which one to choose!

Just booked for our trip today! I will go back a few pages and read tips. This will be our first dessert party! Monday Sept. 2. Slight heart attack at the cost, but these are our favorite fireworks show in all the parks so I think it will *hopefully* be worth it!

Thinking we will cancel our 5:40 Sci Fi reservation and just pick up something light on our way back to the park from our hotel in the evening. The best thing about sci fi is the dark, cool environment (we will be coming back from a break so less important) and the milkshakes. Not spending the cash on those when we will be getting our fill of sweets at the party!

oh yes! I saw the savory items also and am looking forward to them! I just don't want my kids to be all ice creamed out with milkshakes from sci fi when we have included dessert at the party. They likely won't eat the savory stuff, but my husband and I will!

I just booked for Aug 30. Yay! This will be our first dessert party. I read online that the party starts one hour before the fireworks, but they will let you in a half an hour early. So should I be showing up at the time of the reservation (8:30pm) or a half an hour before that? The fireworks start that night at 10pm.

I just booked for Aug 30. Yay! This will be our first dessert party. I read online that the party starts one hour before the fireworks, but they will let you in a half an hour early. So should I be showing up at the time of the reservation (8:30pm) or a half an hour before that? The fireworks start that night at 10pm.
you can check in at around 8pm, they will let you into the dessert area at 8:45pm if the fireworks are at 10pm

Considering booking this. Just wondering what characters are there? I heard someone mention storm troopers, Vader (as he's returning) Chebacca, BB8 and Jawas?

Considering booking this. Just wondering what characters are there? I heard someone mention storm troopers, Vader (as he's returning) Chebacca, BB8 and Jawas?
The dessert party will only guarantee you a meet and greet with Vader. Chewbacca and BB8 are in the building and you can meet them but it's not part of the party experience. First order troopers walk around the party and may or may not stop for pictures

The dessert party will only guarantee you a meet and greet with Vader. Chewbacca and BB8 are in the building and you can meet them but it's not part of the party experience. First order troopers walk around the party and may or may not stop for pictures

Wow that's a shame!

Thanks for the details. We just changed plans around and are able to fit this in!

We booked this party for a 10 pm fireworks night when we already have a dining package for 8 pm reserved Fantasmic seats. The dessert party shows check in at 8:30 and Fantasmic ends then. If we show up a bit past 8:30 to the party will that be ok?

We booked this party for a 10 pm fireworks night when we already have a dining package for 8 pm reserved Fantasmic seats. The dessert party shows check in at 8:30 and Fantasmic ends then. If we show up a bit past 8:30 to the party will that be ok?
You'll be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter