***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

great, another thing to factor into my planning lol

Guessing if I plan on getting there at 5am in Sept, probably won't affect me unless I wanna go back into the land later in the day

So I might be totally dense BUT -

Why on earth would I show up by 5am and wait for an hour in a huge crowd (like I plan to 2 days of my trip next month) if I can just saunter in at 10am and get in line for the queue?
Well, I guess so you don't have to wait in a virtual queue? Also, hoping to ride MFSR without a long wait, since there is no FP and they haven't said anything about a VQ or anything but standing in line for it. Plus, I'm sure for some it's just the experience, particularly opening weekend. You have a good point if you mainly want to walk around and see the land, and maybe do some QS dining. Also, if they don't do reservations for savi's or Ogas to get in there without the massive line possibly? Although I imagine they are going to do some type or reservation system like DL did. I wonder if I'm also missing something else obvious?

Me too....though we’ll be there 9/1, the first day of EEMH, so will be going in blind with only the regular 6 am open reports to guide us. I’ll make sure to report back!

Us too! This VQ maybe a game changer for us. The teenager was not happy about the prospect of a 4:30am arrival. We may plan on a 6:30 arrival now and use VQ if we need to. I’m just grateful to have the 3 days of non EEMH to read up on and decide.

Well, I guess so you don't have to wait in a virtual queue? Also, hoping to ride MFSR without a long wait, since there is no FP and they haven't said anything about a VQ or anything but standing in line for it. Plus, I'm sure for some it's just the experience, particularly opening weekend. You have a good point if you mainly want to walk around and see the land, and maybe do some QS dining. Also, if they don't do reservations for savi's or Ogas to get in there without the massive line possibly? Although I imagine they are going to do some type or reservation system like DL did. I wonder if I'm also missing something else obvious?
But wouldn't walking around the rest of HS, riding rides, having a meal, and watching shows, be a nice way to wait out a virtual queue? It just seems nicer than getting up at 4:30am and waiting in a huge crowd, possibly to be stuck in the back anyway.

We do want to ride MFSR but I already told my family it may not happen. My husband wants a light saber, my kids want droids, and I want a drink in Oga's, so I'm really hoping we can book those spots in advance!

But wouldn't walking around the rest of HS, riding rides, having a meal, and watching shows, be a nice way to wait out a virtual queue? It just seems nicer than getting up at 4:30am and waiting in a huge crowd, possibly to be stuck in the back anyway.

We do want to ride MFSR but I already told my family it may not happen. My husband wants a light saber, my kids want droids, and I want a drink in Oga's, so I'm really hoping we can book those spots in advance!
Yes that’s the goal of the virtual queue. To have you do other things while you wait. Getting there for rope drop would be to avoid the virtual queue and ride with lower waits.

I may wait for the first few days of reports to figure out if I'm still gonna get their at 5am.

I would rather do a virtual queue than stand and wait for a long time, but I'm pretty sure there will be people there at 6 AM. I wasn't saying how I felt, just trying to think of why some people might still want to get up early and get there for 6 AM. In fact, my family is so spoiled we won't wait for anything longer than 20-30 min except in extreme circumstances (Like a brand new ride), and even then our limit is in the hour range, we typically don't wait loner than 10-15 for anything. We just use FP and less crowded rides, and if we miss some we figure we'll get them next time.

Based on DL you would be able to book Oga's and Savi's, I didn't think the droid factory had anything to book in advance. We are doing the very first AP preview, but didn't get oga's or Savi's, so I hope to make a droid, try some snacks/quick service food, try the blue and green milk, ride the ride, and take tons of photos. My 2 boys will only be on board with the Droid, ride, and snacks, lol, they couldn't care less about photos and seeing all of the detail. Then who knows when we'll be back, even with ROTR we won't wait hours for a ride, but as you said we will wait in a virtual queue to get into the land. We'll have to see how things are going come next spring/summer.

Hmm, this VQ has me thinking too. Fortunately, I will have about 4 weeks of data before my trip. I can see how the lines are for Smuggler’s Run at different points of the day and decide if we are going to rope drop or try it with VQ.

With the VQ, can you choose your return time? Because I wouldn’t mind rope dropping it, then snagging a VQ time for the evening to see it at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter