Official Star Wars Half Marathon Thread...Jan 15-18th, 2015!!

Well, my visions of doing the Rebel Challenge are shattered. I broke my foot. It's too late to defer and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway as my husband may be deployed this time next year and there's just no way to plan for the maybes. But, I'm trying to stay positive and plan on setting myself up in my wheelchair along the 1/2 course with a sign to show my support for everyone else and especially him. He hates running but loves Star Wars so he did all of this training for me so we could run a race together. I'm so proud of him.

I never get the opportunity to be on the sidelines cheering for the runners so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation. I'll be at the corner of Katella and Harbor - y'all better swing by my wheelchair and give me a high five! :thumbsup2
That's a tremendous way to make the best of a terrible situation. I'll try and keep an eye out for you as well.

During my very first 1/2 at Disneyland in 2011, there was an elderly lady sitting in a wheelchair in Downtown Disney during the early portions of the race holding a sign that read "Hello Total Stranger, I'm Proud of You Too." Even now, that sign and her thoughtfulness still move me.

Well, my visions of doing the Rebel Challenge are shattered. I broke my foot. It's too late to defer and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway as my husband may be deployed this time next year and there's just no way to plan for the maybes. But, I'm trying to stay positive and plan on setting myself up in my wheelchair along the 1/2 course with a sign to show my support for everyone else and especially him. He hates running but loves Star Wars so he did all of this training for me so we could run a race together. I'm so proud of him.

I never get the opportunity to be on the sidelines cheering for the runners so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation. I'll be at the corner of Katella and Harbor - y'all better swing by my wheelchair and give me a high five! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry to hear this! I just hope you heal quickly and feel better soon! I'll be looking for your on Harbor and Katella!

hey everyone. for the wookie party does that cost include a twilight admission?
thank you

(I posted this on the DL subforum, but figured I would put it here too)

So, this is only my second trip to DL, and the first time, I did not have to worry about transportation. I am going to be booking a SuperShuttle (shared ride) from SNA to the hotel. How much time should I figure on it taking to get to the Courtyard on South Harbor Blvd, and how long will it take to use SuperShuttle to go from the hotel to SNA on the return trip?

(My flight is probably going to be so late on Thurs that I just wind up going to the expo bright and early on Friday, so not much merchandise for me this trip.)

Also - costume question. I figure a lightsaber is okay, but would a stormtrooper blaster rifle be too close to a real weapon? (I don't have one, but I was thinking about getting the rifle for the 10k, and the lightsaber for the half.)

I posted this on the Star Wars thread in the Disneyland subforum too.

For those who are running the Rebel Challenge, people running the challenges this weekend in WDW are reporting that there is a new process to get the challenge medal.

Apparently now after you pick up your Challenge packet you need to go to photographers set up at the Expo to get your photo taken with your challenge bib. If you don't get your photo taken, you won't get your medal!

After the 10K you get sent through a designated tent in the finish area, no one was sure why.

After you finish the half, you need to go to the designated booth in the finish area and show your bib and medal and get checked against your photo to get your challenge medal.

We're almost there people!

I posted this on the Star Wars thread in the Disneyland subforum too. For those who are running the Rebel Challenge, people running the challenges this weekend in WDW are reporting that there is a new process to get the challenge medal. Apparently now after you pick up your Challenge packet you need to go to photographers set up at the Expo to get your photo taken with your challenge bib. If you don't get your photo taken, you won't get your medal! After the 10K you get sent through a designated tent in the finish area, no one was sure why. After you finish the half, you need to go to the designated booth in the finish area and show your bib and medal and get checked against your photo to get your challenge medal. We're almost there people!

Thank you for the info, this sounds like it's a lot easier for Rebel Challenge then it would be for the Dopey lol

Soooo I guess GET Sports stopped taking online orders for tickets last night at 8pm... oops... but they say they will have some at the expo for a bit more. Anyone have experience with where and how much they will be there?

Thank you!

Soooo I guess GET Sports stopped taking online orders for tickets last night at 8pm... oops... but they say they will have some at the expo for a bit more. Anyone have experience with where and how much they will be there?

Thank you!

I remember seeing a table at either Avenger's or DLH. I think it was the same price (don't quote me, I"m a passholder). But the table was set up right in the middle of the packet pick-up area.

I remember seeing a table at either Avenger's or DLH. I think it was the same price (don't quote me, I"m a passholder). But the table was set up right in the middle of the packet pick-up area.

Their website says "higher" at the expo, but no actual price. :confused3 I'm wondering how much higher since we can either use 'tickets at work' through my husband's company or wait until the expo, but I am not sure which will be cheaper now.

Edit: found my way through their phone tree, its $210 for a 3 day adult park hopper if anyone is wondering!

At the real risk of being a broken record I still hate that the 10K is storm troopers. Wish they'd made them the 5K and the bots (or heck ANYTHING ELSE) the 10K. My preordered pin will likely end up on ebay... :duck:

I'm hoping that the 10K character will change every year like it has for the Disneyland 10K. Not a big stormtrooper fan either. My 3rd favorite medal is the R2-D2 one for the kids races.

(I posted this on the DL subforum, but figured I would put it here too)

So, this is only my second trip to DL, and the first time, I did not have to worry about transportation. I am going to be booking a SuperShuttle (shared ride) from SNA to the hotel. How much time should I figure on it taking to get to the Courtyard on South Harbor Blvd, and how long will it take to use SuperShuttle to go from the hotel to SNA on the return trip?

(My flight is probably going to be so late on Thurs that I just wind up going to the expo bright and early on Friday, so not much merchandise for me this trip.)

Also - costume question. I figure a lightsaber is okay, but would a stormtrooper blaster rifle be too close to a real weapon? (I don't have one, but I was thinking about getting the rifle for the 10k, and the lightsaber for the half.)

Disney actually has a page somewhere dedicated to the rules of wearing a costume...one of the rules is you cannot take a toy weapon that could or might be mistaken for a real one. So I would stay away from anything sans a lightsaber.
I am taking a light saber.

At the real risk of being a broken record I still hate that the 10K is storm troopers. Wish they'd made them the 5K and the bots (or heck ANYTHING ELSE) the 10K. My preordered pin will likely end up on ebay... :duck:
if you don't want your 10k pin, I'll buy it off you

We have a look at some of the shirts and the pins for the weekend. Fear I do that long gone it will be when I arrive at the expo on Friday. They really need to fix that.

This is my big fear as well. I'm really, REALLY hoping they hold back some merch til Friday

Who knows. One would think that they would order a boat load of merchandise....but no always. Last year I did the Dopey and really really wanted to buy outsome Dopey stuff...well...I did arrive there on Wednesday but most of the stuff was already gone. Shirts in my size were sold out...I swore they must have only ordered a small handful...perhaps they were not sure how retail sales would go. The only thing I was able to buy Dopey is a pin....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter