****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

After all the back and forth on what to do we are going. This week was an emotional roller coaster but DH said let’s just do it - so we leave for the airport at 5 am! My in-laws decided to keep their trip to so they left this morning to drive down and will meet us at POP. I’m still nervous about everything but hope I can relax a little once we arrive. Thank you to everyone for all of your reports and I will be sure to report how things go
(Posting on November thread too)

We did a half day at HS yesterday and the lines and crowds were great, busy but manageable. However MK today felt way too crowded and never a manageable wait time for SDMT. We got to ride everything we wanted except SDMT. My family misses Fast Passes big time. Skippers for dinner was amazing though! We have MK for Thanksgiving Day and planning on having to leave after our early dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern due to crowds. Checking lines at the parks and they just seem so long....

I will have to say that I am super impressed with all the cleaning, social distancing, etc. About 99% of the people seem to take it all seriously and follow the rules.

Now to check out Epcot tomorrow:)

We did a half day at HS yesterday and the lines and crowds were great, busy but manageable. However MK today felt way too crowded and never a manageable wait time for SDMT. We got to ride everything we wanted except SDMT. My family misses Fast Passes big time. Skippers for dinner was amazing though! We have MK for Thanksgiving Day and planning on having to leave after our early dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern due to crowds. Checking lines at the parks and they just seem so long....

I will have to say that I am super impressed with all the cleaning, social distancing, etc. About 99% of the people seem to take it all seriously and follow the rules.

Now to check out Epcot tomorrow:)
We must be following you. We did MK today. Epcot tomorrow and will be at MK on Thursday too. I posted on the November thread how the lines were overstated 5-15 min. On SDMT, we got in line with a posted 75min wait, it was closer to 47min.

Hey guys!! We arrived Sunday night! Went to EPCOT last night and it was great!! Did Nemo, The Land, Soarin, Test Track and Three Caballeros, went shopping and left! Longest wait was around 20 minutes for TT... but when we came out, the line was all the way out the door. Must have just caught it at the right time! Hope everyone enjoys their trip!

Hi All! We arrived Friday and have had a great time so far! We went to MK on Saturday, AK yesterday, and are going to HS today.
Our plans for this Friday, Nov. 27 have changed. I’m canceling Topolino’s breakfast reservations. I posted in the cancelation thread but wanted to share with all of you also. There are 3 reservations (party of ten). Let me know if you want to coordinate a drop for any or all.

Party of 4- 9:30
Party of 4- 9:30
Party of 2- 9:35

We must be following you. We did MK today. Epcot tomorrow and will be at MK on Thursday too. I posted on the November thread how the lines were overstated 5-15 min. On SDMT, we got in line with a posted 75min wait, it was closer to 47min.

Yeah, most lines were lots less. But we never found the end of the SDMT line.....but your post gives me hope;)

Party of 6 wearing “Joy to the World” shirts in Epcot today if you see us;)

Have a Great day!!

In case anyone is as excited as I am....I was unable to get a Christmas popcorn bucket at MK. Today at Epcot.....(Fife Drum).....I got the green one! I was ecstatic! I thought only white would be a possibility.

Still no Thanksgiving menus for Disney TS? We have an ADR at Whispering Canyon but am not 100% sold. I kept thinking I would reassess whenever menus were announced.

Still no Thanksgiving menus for Disney TS? We have an ADR at Whispering Canyon but am not 100% sold. I kept thinking I would reassess whenever menus were announced.
The menus are on the All Ears website for each restaurant and they include the Thanksgiving options. I didn’t see anything listed there for WCC but I do know they are offering a special Thanksgiving skillet. But I think you’re right in that I don’t see any for the TS.

Had a great day at Epcot. However, don’t plan on doing the good rides unless you want to wait in long lines. We rope dropped Soarin and then quickly did living with the land. Then did Spaceship Earth with a 40 min wait. Frozen and TT kept a consistent 105 min wait all day. Poor China is used as extra line space for Frozen, lol.

We had a blast walking and eating around the World. Kids did Kitcot. Lines for food could be long at times. It’s seems like pre-Covid busy crowds and this is coming from someone who only comes at busy times (Springbreak, Christmas,Thanksgiving, Fall break). Just wanted to warn anyone thinking they were getting reduced crowds. You will still have fun if you set expectations.

Had a great day at Epcot. However, don’t plan on doing the good rides unless you want to wait in long lines. We rope dropped Soarin and then quickly did living with the land. Then did Spaceship Earth with a 40 min wait. Frozen and TT kept a consistent 105 min wait all day. Poor China is used as extra line space for Frozen, lol.

We had a blast walking and eating around the World. Kids did Kitcot. Lines for food could be long at times. It’s seems like pre-Covid busy crowds and this is coming from someone who only comes at busy times (Springbreak, Christmas,Thanksgiving, Fall break). Just wanted to warn anyone thinking they were getting reduced crowds. You will still have fun if you set expectations.
This is spot on. We were there too. Morning wait times were exaggerated again. But after around 11am.....the lines were very long. Many food lines were around a 15min+ wait.

Saturday we were first in line at HS and my daughter got BG 5! Three of four trying as my husband’s phone - forgot at home— was being fed exed... HS felt manageable all day, with some crowds. ROTR was down for a bit which I think made crowds worse and we did not board until 1055 despite such a low boarding group. This meant other rides were more busy... second ride after MMRR ❤️ was SDD and we sadly waited all 70 minutes so that set us behind a bit. Not worth that long of a wait at that precious early morning hour even though it’s cute. Then we had yummy breakfast ronto wraps and hit TSMM and Star Tours, TOT and lunched at Brown Derby- AMAZING! So distanced and comfortable and tasty!

MK on Sunday was busy. Really busy. Morning was nice but afternoon became the you know what show in many places - congestion central. Mobile order lunch early. We did but We still had to battle the huge crowd by Pecos bills who hadn’t done that and were just camped outside blocking the pathway like a “Covid super spreader sit in” right outside the doors. We went in through the out door as I couldn’t even... we did talk to two more senior looking CMs about the issue. One tried to move folks along but it was a tough situation. So we took our tray of food and walked over to the tables in front of KC’s and sat down there and ate in a much more comfortable place enjoying some cavalcade and then left.

So suffice it to say, Magic Kingdom was a bit of a nightmare Sunday with crowds once the afternoon hit. Too many choke points for our comfort so we went back to the resort for some quality time in the pool! Very nice!

Animal kingdom Monday was good and felt more Comfortable than Magic Kingdom. The only problem was that we arrived later than I wanted to as my whole family including me were not moving quickly enough in the morning. By the time we arrived flight of passage already had a long wait so we opted to start at the safari which was lovely and we had great animal “interaction” and sightings. I think that Satulli Canteen handled the process and crowds so much better than Pecos Bill’s - it was like a well oiled machine! And of course they probably have less crowds but we felt far more comfortable there for lunch!

Today we are back at HS waiting as I write this...

Third group in line at HS and Boarding Group 9 today - we’re slipping! 😂

My daughter got it again using Wi-Fi at the Riviera! Husband‘s phone arrived so he also was on Wi-Fi and my son and I were on data with the iPhone 12 and iPhone X. She has an iPhone 11.

We were able to ride Mickey and Minnie’s twice on Saturday because the new plexiglass made for 30 minute waits during the day. Love that ride! Hoping the same is true today!

Big takeaways are that mask compliance is great, afternoons get busy and you have to be mindful of the crowds. Also, you have to be vigilant with your kids - even mine who are teens - and yourselves about how everyone is feeling comfort wise and if everybody is being cautious with sanitizing hands and keeping distance. Leave the parks when you’re feeling the need to and do what is best for everyone to enjoy yourself while not infringing on others comfort and safety.

We have said many times that we are thankful that we decided to come but there are times where we have felt nervous as well. Long waits in indoor queues (fop) and small restaurants like Beaches and Cream.

We also have an outfit that we only wear in the room and we change clothes immediately when we get back to the room and spray stuff that we want to wear again with Lysol. Our villa also has a washing machine and we have washed clothes and masks once so that we can clean/refresh things we wanna wear again. So that makes us comfortable do what you need to do to be comfortable. Hope everyone has fun and stays safe! Happy Thanksgiving!

Saturday we were first in line at HS and my daughter got BG 5! Three of four trying as my husband’s phone - forgot at home— was being fed exed... HS felt manageable all day, with some crowds. ROTR was down for a bit which I think made crowds worse and we did not board until 1055 despite such a low boarding group. This meant other rides were more busy... second ride after MMRR ❤ was SDD and we sadly waited all 70 minutes so that set us behind a bit. Not worth that long of a wait at that precious early morning hour even though it’s cute. Then we had yummy breakfast ronto wraps and hit TSMM and Star Tours, TOT and lunched at Brown Derby- AMAZING! So distanced and comfortable and tasty!

MK on Sunday was busy. Really busy. Morning was nice but afternoon became the you know what show in many places - congestion central. Mobile order lunch early. We did but We still had to battle the huge crowd by Pecos bills who hadn’t done that and were just camped outside blocking the pathway like a “Covid super spreader sit in” right outside the doors. We went in through the out door as I couldn’t even... we did talk to two more senior looking CMs about the issue. One tried to move folks along but it was a tough situation. So we took our tray of food and walked over to the tables in front of KC’s and sat down there and ate in a much more comfortable place enjoying some cavalcade and then left.

So suffice it to say, Magic Kingdom was a bit of a nightmare Sunday with crowds once the afternoon hit. Too many choke points for our comfort so we went back to the resort for some quality time in the pool! Very nice!

Animal kingdom Monday was good and felt more Comfortable than Magic Kingdom. The only problem was that we arrived later than I wanted to as my whole family including me were not moving quickly enough in the morning. By the time we arrived flight of passage already had a long wait so we opted to start at the safari which was lovely and we had great animal “interaction” and sightings. I think that Satulli Canteen handled the process and crowds so much better than Pecos Bill’s - it was like a well oiled machine! And of course they probably have less crowds but we felt far more comfortable there for lunch!

Today we are back at HS waiting as I write this...

Third group in line at HS and Boarding Group 9 today - we’re slipping! 😂

My daughter got it again using Wi-Fi at the Riviera! Husband‘s phone arrived so he also was on Wi-Fi and my son and I were on data with the iPhone 12 and iPhone X. She has an iPhone 11.

We were able to ride Mickey and Minnie’s twice on Saturday because the new plexiglass made for 30 minute waits during the day. Love that ride! Hoping the same is true today!

Big takeaways are that mask compliance is great, afternoons get busy and you have to be mindful of the crowds. Also, you have to be vigilant with your kids - even mine who are teens - and yourselves about how everyone is feeling comfort wise and if everybody is being cautious with sanitizing hands and keeping distance. Leave the parks when you’re feeling the need to and do what is best for everyone to enjoy yourself while not infringing on others comfort and safety.

We have said many times that we are thankful that we decided to come but there are times where we have felt nervous as well. Long waits in indoor queues (fop) and small restaurants like Beaches and Cream.

We also have an outfit that we only wear in the room and we change clothes immediately when we get back to the room and spray stuff that we want to wear again with Lysol. Our villa also has a washing machine and we have washed clothes and masks once so that we can clean/refresh things we wanna wear again. So that makes us comfortable do what you need to do to be comfortable. Hope everyone has fun and stays safe! Happy Thanksgiving!

We are at HS today too! They seemed to let people in at 9 ish, already a 50 min line for Slinky by 9:30.

I've decided rope drop is the new fast pass. If you do that, you might get to ride 2 or 3 rides with manageable waits. Otherwise, you are in for a long haul. We don't hate it (most are constantly moving and I like seeing queues I've never seen) but it has been a mental adjustment! We have left mid-day to go back to the resort (some days we return, others we haven't) and that has helped!

That being said, we have enjoyed EVERY meal we have had in and out of the parks. Felt safe and distanced and the food tastes better when we are able to sit for a bit without a mask!

Back to Epcot today for us!

We rope dropped MK on Saturday. Our bus dropped us off at about 8:05. They were letting people in at that time. We went straight to SDMT and had about a 10 minute wait. Today we arrived at 8:50 and there was a 2 hour wait for SDMT and long wait times for several other rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter