Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

hi all... first visit to hhn this year and VERY excited (scared):scared1:

just wondering what is the difference between a SCARE ZONE and a HAUNTED HOUSE?

thanks!!

The Scare Zones are set up throughout the park, like in the walkways...no real line that I noticed to get through them, so if you go all the way around the park you should hit all of them. I found them all to be enjoyable when I went last, nothing too terrifying (though the scareactors do sometimes scare you).

The houses, IMO, are where the true screams are. More elaborate, more jumping out at you,more agressive scareactors. The houses are also the ones you'll spend time waiting in line at since they can only fit a certain amount of people at once.

has anyone pulled up the site to purchase tickets yet?

i just took a quick look at it to make sure i made the best deal by buying the ROF w/epp.

i played around with the numbers and it looks like some of the nights are sold out for the epp.

the box comes up for dates and the shaded boxes state, not available.

anyone else get this same info that i just did?

i was looking for sunday october 9.
maybe i should try it again to make sure.

never mind.
the sunday still has the express passes.

5.gif

And from what I've read on this thread - Sunday is crowded and Wednesday might be less so - is that right?

Thanks for any insight!

First, to stress, "less crowded" is a relative term when it comes to HHN. I was there in the middle of a tropical storm one year--the houses all had over hour-long waits.

Sunday tends to be more crowded than Thursday. I'm not sure about Wednesday, tho. Wednesdays are only scheduled in "hell weeks," when local kids are out of school. So they get a crowd, and it's a lot of loud teens which makes it feel even more crowded.

Any night tho will pretty much see lines get to 45+ minutes. Get there early, consider springing for Express pass, and be prepared to wait if you want to see a house between, say, 8:00 and midnight.

SYFY’S “GHOST HUNTERS” TO FACE LADY LUCK AT
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 21​
GhostHunters2_HR.jpg

Universal Orlando Gives Fans the Chance to Experience the Event with Steve Tango and Dave Gonsalves

Plus, Guests Can Attend a Q&A and Autograph Session on Oct. 6

From Universal Orlando Resort:
Steve Gonsalves and Dave Tango, from SyFy Channel’s highest rated reality TV show “Ghost Hunters,” will test their luck at Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 21 on October 6. And for the first time ever, five “lucky” fans will win the ultimate Ghost Hunters experience: the opportunity to walk through one of the event’s terrifying haunted houses with Tango and Gonsalves.

Fans just need to follow Halloween Horror Nights’ official Twitter handle, @UORHHN, for more information about this once-in-a lifetime opportunity. Winners will receive admission to Halloween Horror Nights, an RIP Tour of the event and the opportunity to experience a haunted house with the Ghost Hunters on October 6.

Tango and Gonsalves will also host a Q&A and autograph session that evening. Access to these sessions is included in regular admission to Halloween Horror Nights 21.

For 25 nights beginning September 23, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights returns as the nation’s best and most intense Halloween event. Guests will confront extreme Halloween entertainment that cannot be experienced anywhere else. This year, they will scream as they become prey to fiendish creatures, panic as they come face-to-face with a horrifying “thing,” feel chills as they are haunted by deceased souls – and watch in paralyzing fear as Lady Luck transforms from a tempting seductress to a bloodthirsty beast.

And from what I've read on this thread - Sunday is crowded and Wednesday might be less so - is that right?

Thanks for any insight!

As a General Rule, follow this chart (busiest->"less busy)
Saturday>Friday>Sunday>Thursday>Wednesday

If you can Stay & Scream, do so. Work your way around the back of the park (counter clockwise)first and you'll be able to get more done than following the more clockwise flow of the crowds.

I am an annual passholder and plan to go to HHN on 9/29 and was wondering if I'm in the parks during the day if I can stay in the holding area or if that's only for those who purchased stay and scream tickets. It looks like you have to purchase a ticket in conjunction with stay and scream so I couldn't purchase a stay and scream ticket. Thanks for any advice you can give!

I am an annual passholder and plan to go to HHN on 9/29 and was wondering if I'm in the parks during the day if I can stay in the holding area or if that's only for those who purchased stay and scream tickets. It looks like you have to purchase a ticket in conjunction with stay and scream so I couldn't purchase a stay and scream ticket. Thanks for any advice you can give!
Since you are a passholder, you don't need anything other than your HHN ticket to stay in the holding area.

Thanks Metro. Do you know where the holding area will be or will it just be clearly marked in the park?

Thanks Metro. Do you know where the holding area will be or will it just be clearly marked in the park?
There are two holding areas. The main area is on Delancey Street in front of Finnegan's and the other is in the Woody Woodpecker's KidZone near E.T. They don't put any signs up so if you have any problems, just ask a TM and they will direct you.

SYFY’S “GHOST HUNTERS” TO FACE LADY LUCK AT
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 21​
GhostHunters2_HR.jpg

Universal Orlando Gives Fans the Chance to Experience the Event with Steve Tango and Dave Gonsalves

Plus, Guests Can Attend a Q&A and Autograph Session on Oct. 6

From Universal Orlando Resort:

Yikes! Glad that won't be there Sept 29th when I go! I know some people like them, but they always remind me of Ghostfacers from Supernatural. And I wouldn't be surprised if they draw a few more people. The show must do pretty well, they run it all the time.

Yikes! Glad that won't be there Sept 29th when I go! I know some people like them, but they always remind me of Ghostfacers from Supernatural. And I wouldn't be surprised if they draw a few more people. The show must do pretty well, they run it all the time.
This will only cause a delay in the immediate area of where they are. The rest of the park won't be affected. I don't even think about how many celebrities might have been there the same time as me. :rolleyes1

This will only cause a delay in the immediate area of where they are. The rest of the park won't be affected. I don't even think about how many celebrities might have been there the same time as me. :rolleyes1

Duh! I tend to forget how many celebs come through the parks! I have never been there at the same time as any....I live in deep in the suburbs of Michigan, where we don't get anyone. Selena Gomez came through town once and did a mall appearance and the traffic basically shut down all the neighborhoods in a several mile radius.

Hey guys,

I've been going to HHN since 2006, every year we have went we have had to get reg tickets because of friends we would bring wouldn't have the money to get express :rolleyes:, thus... long lines. this year however we purchase Rush Of Fear with Express Access

my question is, we chose fedex because there was no print at home option like we normally do. but... in what form will the tickets be? I called the ticket assistance but the lady just left me more confused (but she was very nice so lol) she said "you will receive the tickets you bought"

but... rush of fear covers 10 nights. Will we get sent 10 tickets? will it be an all in one ticket?

what about express passes? is it 10 express passes or all in one?

I was just curious to see if anyone knew the answers,

thanks guys. Love the site

Hey guys,

I've been going to HHN since 2006, every year we have went we have had to get reg tickets because of friends we would bring wouldn't have the money to get express :rolleyes:, thus... long lines. this year however we purchase Rush Of Fear with Express Access

my question is, we chose fedex because there was no print at home option like we normally do. but... in what form will the tickets be? I called the ticket assistance but the lady just left me more confused (but she was very nice so lol) she said "you will receive the tickets you bought"

but... rush of fear covers 10 nights. Will we get sent 10 tickets? will it be an all in one ticket?

what about express passes? is it 10 express passes or all in one?

I was just curious to see if anyone knew the answers,

thanks guys. Love the site

It will be one ticket that will get you in the multiple dates, much like a multi-day Disney ticket. And the same barcode will work for the Express entrance at HHN as well.

So the HHN 21 map was revealed.. Too bad it's a low res map... :confused3

Map21a.jpg

So Winter's Nights will be first for the Stay & Scream Crowd... I am glad I'll get to see The Thing house early...

I am looking forward to The Forsaken and I see it will be the last house I'll see.

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

HHN21 Pre-Trip Report

wow that will be quite a change, I always hoped they would have more rides open to give people more to do to *maybe* cut down some of the lines
I know...the problem before was the netting around the coaster tracks and how close the queues were to them. They didn't want to take a chance of something flying off and hitting someone standing under the tracks in the queue. I'm glad they've gotten that worked out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter