Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Like some crazy nut, I'm over looking at the Star Wars weekend in April! Seems like the thing to do at the moment!

Same here. Just looked at airfare and available DVC rooms. W&D was my first half of any kind, and I'm totally hooked. I'm already planning to do the 2018 Marathon Weekend half, but that's a long way off. I've also signed up for the Virginia Wine Destination Race in June, but it's not Disney. The Star Wars is looking mighty tempting.

Like some crazy nut, I'm over looking at the Star Wars weekend in April! Seems like the thing to do at the moment!

Same here. Just looked at airfare and available DVC rooms. W&D was my first half of any kind, and I'm totally hooked. I'm already planning to do the 2018 Marathon Weekend half, but that's a long way off. I've also signed up for the Virginia Wine Destination Race in June, but it's not Disney. The Star Wars is looking mighty tempting.

By mere fact that there are spots still available implies you two were meant to register. So, get on it... you can't change fate.

lovingeirpost: 56752593 said:
I also had a great weekend, but not a ton of time to check the disboards! Here are some thoughts from the weekend:

Expo: Why I keep going to the opening is beyond me because it totally stresses me out with the chaos. Plus, I spent a lot of time standing around with a lot of rude, fighting people waiting for my stemless wine glass. I was disappointed that they didn't have the Tervis tumblers. I use my Princess one daily and would have loved another one to rotate. They had me put my name and number on a list, but I don't know what will come of that. Someone said they would be on the shop parks ap. Only time will tell.

I was next to you trying to get the stemless wine glasses in all the craziness! I was the one in the KT Tape line who asked you about the Tervis Tumblers. That was one crazy expo experience! They let in wayyy to many people at the start. When you literally cannot walk anywhere and are literally smooshed into everyone, it becomes a dangerous situation. I was literally having an anxiety attack in the midst of it all! I have to say, for as many rude and pushy people that were there, there were some helpful and kind people as well. I was laughing at myself though, when I saw most of the same merchandise upstairs by packet pickup with hardly anyone around. I don't think I"ll ever go to the official runDisney merchandise first thing again. That was way too much and I've been to several different Expos. Nothing is that important. With that said, I am keeping my eyes out for the Tervis. I'd love to have one of them!

I don't know if anyone actually prints out their certificates... but ugh. I guess it looks nice on my screen, but it's not a certificate, doesn't have Remy or Lumiere's signature. I can't do anything with it. Oh, well.
Yeah, they use to be better, these are pretty lame I agree.

So, I just remembered in the corral for the 5k this lady was telling a couple to have the husband run with the wife's bib at a local race to get a fast time for proof for a half in the future. He was like but I don't think I can run the 2:45 time needed. I found it funny and annoying that someone would encourage someone to do this. She said her friends do it all the time for each other, but not her of course. I know it doesn't hurt me, but it does annoy me that people would do this and advertise to do it. Random I know but thought I'd share.

Talking about post race/Disney blues, my life changed completely for the worse 2 days after I got back. I would do anything to turn back time and just never leave Disney :sad: (no one died though, so it could still be worse)

So, photopass emailed back and couldn't find my 10k backdrop post race pic (the white with mickey) oh well, at least they found Lumiere.

And read on facebook people were getting their preorder jacket in (along with an extra tshirt added in) That then seems like a shipping error cause I can't see them getting them fixed and out so fast if it was spelling on them.

Last edited:
Can I ask you all a weather question since you are all freshly back from WDW. I am planning on being there with my family next year for the week prior and probably including W&D race weekend. Was it pool/swimming weather? I am from the midwest for reference. Sounds like the half day was warm?
Deciding between some resorts and wondering how much the pool should play into my decision.
Thanks!

Can I ask you all a weather question since you are all freshly back from WDW. I am planning on being there with my family next year for the week prior and probably including W&D race weekend. Was it pool/swimming weather? I am from the midwest for reference. Sounds like the half day was warm?
Deciding between some resorts and wondering how much the pool should play into my decision.
Thanks!
For me, it was not swimming weather, not hot enough for me (even in Nebraska I need hot weather to swim). It was breezy and 70s mostly (maybe a low 80 in there not sure). It was cool in the evenings after the race weekend. But, I did see people swimming, the pools are heated I think. I know I swam in November at AOA and once even at night and the water was very warm in the past.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I thought the weather was perfect but too cool for me to be swimming. I wore shorts during the day. Evenings were a little cooler but I just threw in a long sleeve tshirt. Others were swimming but I preferred to just use the hot tub. I usually go in October or early November for WDW vacations.

So, photopass emailed back and couldn't find my 10k backdrop post race pic (the white with mickey) oh well, at least they found Lumiere.

And read on facebook people were getting their preorder jacket in (along with an extra tshirt added in) That then seems like a shipping error cause I can't see them getting them fixed and out so fast if it was spelling on them.
If it makes you feel any better, I DID get the backdrop pictures and they are awful. Sort of funny because the on-course ones look great, listing-wise, but they can't get the medal ones right?? You'd think these would be the easiest ones for them to take since we're just standing there...

Comparison: on-course 5K pic...
30281902323_4302ed62c9_z.jpg

Laughingly bad medal picture - all 3 of my medal pictures are like this with the awful lighting! :rotfl2:
30281905563_c7a914b564_z.jpg

Thanks!
I would agree with the other posters, not quite swimming weather but very nice overall. :confused3

Hey there! I don't know if this question's been answered before but how do you get pictures from the races you participated in? Is there something you need to sign up for ahead of time? My FH and I just ran the Holiday 5k and I'm racking my brain to figure it out :scared:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter