Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

As anyone signed up using "raw threads" before. My wife is getting a 10k bib from them. Any issues?

Finally got my Fantasmic dinner that I wanted for Minnie's Hollywood Seasonal Dine at the right time. Took me a while to hunt it down but it appeared magically today :)

FYI I canceled a BOG at 11:25am on Thur 11/3 (but I'm guessing lots of you will be in expo mode like me during that timeframe)

On a different note, my wife and I are trying to make dinner reservations for Sunday night. Our original plan was to do Be Our Guest at the Magic Kingdom before heading over to Epcot for the party. However we woke up an hour after reservations opened and it was all booked. We have thought about possibly doing one of the Epcot country resturants, but don't want to spend a park ticket getting into Epcot before our Post-Race party ticket. Does anyone know what time we can safely enter Epcot on that ticket? Would having dining reservations help get us in earlier (like being able to get into a part for breakfast before the park actually opens)?

On the ADR question, you could try an Epcot resort area restaurant?

Or even something at a monorail resort to easily get to Epcot for the party?

As anyone signed up using "raw threads" before. My wife is getting a 10k bib from them. Any issues?
I signed up via Raw Threads for the Princess 5K back in February. I had no issues. It was the same as any other registration once I submitted the forms.

If you've been stalking the official party boards or facebook; then you may already know this information. The Halloween and Christmas party tickets are live and available for sale.
I had a heart attack at the price spike for Halloween night, but after costing out the difference between buying a regular park day ticket that day or foregoing the park ticket and buying the party...it was only $63 more before tax. So I bit the bullet.

Does anyone know how far in advance you can make a ROL dining package? It's not showing open in November when I look at making an ADR. Thanks.

If you've been stalking the official party boards or facebook; then you may already know this information. The Halloween and Christmas party tickets are live and available for sale.
I had a heart attack at the price spike for Halloween night, but after costing out the difference between buying a regular park day ticket that day or foregoing the park ticket and buying the party...it was only $63 more before tax. So I bit the bullet.

I need to buy my ticket for the 1st. I was waiting only to see all the military priced dates even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't be part of it. Just figured if I didn't wait it magically would be because that's my luck! LOL!

Does anyone know how far in advance you can make a ROL dining package? It's not showing open in November when I look at making an ADR. Thanks.

It's anyone's guess right now. There was someone who said they heard they weren't doing the packages or ROL after what was scheduled in Sept. I think they heard it from a CM on the phone though so....

It really seems like a lot of work and money to put into things to only have it run for a few months.

I was just looking (in vain for a chance they might reopen the Half registration) on the RunDisney website, and I spotted something I hadn't seen before- about commemorative items. It said $0, and then when I clicked on it I could select some stuff: a bundle (a cup and an ornament), some pins and a jacket- pricey at $90!...
Do you have to register to buy these items, or ca you just pick them up at the Expo?
I was pretty surprised that there were no pictures. I wouldn't want to buy something for $90 without at least knowing what it looked like!!

Given that it is unlikely that they will reopen bibs, I'm having to buy a package. I think I am nearly decided on where to stay- probably going to be one of the Port Orleans resorts.
I found out that I can't fly in until Saturday morning so it's going to be a busy time!
I'm solo and usually the kids are with me in Disney and want to do rides- or just hit the pool...so this time I am planning a resort crawl- want to see all the hotels (I've never stayed at a Disney hotel so I am very excited). I still have an annual pass valid for TL and BB (BB is shut) so I might relax in the lazy river after the race LOL.

I also want to book a (preferably buffet) breakfast. I like Ohana but I don't really want to do a character breakfast on my own!! Was thinking of maybe Trails End (we just did Boma at Easter), or Crystal Palace coz it looks gorgeous- but again I'd have to try and avoid Pooh et al.!!

I haven't done ADRs yet. I'm so undecided! PLus I'm not sure how I will feel after the race, or indeed on Monday (ouch!)

It's anyone's guess right now. There was someone who said they heard they weren't doing the packages or ROL after what was scheduled in Sept. I think they heard it from a CM on the phone though so....

It really seems like a lot of work and money to put into things to only have it run for a few months.

Oh geez I didn't know that. I hope it isn't true. I didn't go during Dark Side weekend figuring I'd see it during Wine and Dine.

Oh geez I didn't know that. I hope it isn't true. I didn't go during Dark Side weekend figuring I'd see it during Wine and Dine.

I know! Makes me happy Tiffins was enough draw to get me to go. I had thought of putting it off too. Craziness, if you ask me, to invest so much time and money into something for it to only run for a few months! I hope it's just a phone CM not seeing on the schedule and making assumptions.

I know! Makes me happy Tiffins was enough draw to get me to go. I had thought of putting it off too. Craziness, if you ask me, to invest so much time and money into something for it to only run for a few months! I hope it's just a phone CM not seeing on the schedule and making assumptions.

I think it's just an uninformed CM. However, I have read a rumor from @rteetz on the rumors board, I think, that it wouldn't be around forever, like maybe only a year or so.

I think it's just an uninformed CM. However, I have read a rumor from @rteetz on the rumors board, I think, that it wouldn't be around forever, like maybe only a year or so.

I have heard the rumors too! So it actually was interesting to hear the CM opinion, even though I take it with a grain of salt! Curious to see what time will tell. I'm eating at Tiffins again in Nov, so I wouldn't mind a ROL dining package again! ;)

Good! I knew it wasn't forever, but it didn't seem like it was as soon as this fall.

I guess maybe they just waiting. I noticed in September it was on the schedule but not every night. So maybe something similar for following months.

Given the issues they've had with seating and managing the crowd for ROL, they may just be ending the dinner package. i'd bet a lot of money that ROL won't be ending anytime soon given the time it took them to get it right plus the capital expenditure.

More for the rumor mill: when Pandora opens ROL will go to three showings a night with the last showing being for Resort Guests only.

More for the rumor mill: when Pandora opens ROL will go to three showings a night with the last showing being for Resort Guests only.
I wonder will this mean further extension of the opening hours? would be great; it'll be my first time staying on Disney property and my last 2 trips to Orlando were non-Disney, so I was planning a trip to ROL.

Has anyone any insight into the merchandise as per my q a few posts above:
"I spotted something on Run Disney website that I hadn't seen before- about commemorative items. It said $0, and then when I clicked on it I could select some stuff: a bundle (a cup and an ornament), some pins and a jacket- pricey at $90!...
Do you have to register to buy these items, or can you just pick them up at the Expo?
I was pretty surprised that there were no pictures. I wouldn't want to buy something for $90 without at least knowing what it looked like!!"

Has anyone any insight into the merchandise as per my q a few posts above:
"I spotted something on Run Disney website that I hadn't seen before- about commemorative items. It said $0, and then when I clicked on it I could select some stuff: a bundle (a cup and an ornament), some pins and a jacket- pricey at $90!...
Do you have to register to buy these items, or can you just pick them up at the Expo?
I was pretty surprised that there were no pictures. I wouldn't want to buy something for $90 without at least knowing what it looked like!!"

They never have pictures of them in advance. Sometimes they'll share a picture of a shoe ornament after the fact. But it's a surprise. You can return the items at the expo if you don't care for them. I can't get behind buying something I can't see personally so I never purchase them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter