Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Funny how little facts makes me happy regarding the Wine and Dine runs...

Sunrise on the morning of the 10k is at 7:39AM which means that most of the race will be pretty dark.

Thanks for sharing that! As someone only doing the 10k, that makes me smile a little too. I have some of my best times before the sun comes up! :)

Yah! That's so kind of you! Will be lovely to finally meet you in person!

Just catching up. We will miss this as we have dinner reservations at 6:45 but have a great time, very generous Keels. We'll be at the Yachtsman so maybe our paths will cross anyway.

Saw the speculation on the international gateway gondola construction....That will still be open for park access right?

Saw the speculation on the international gateway gondola construction....That will still be open for park access right?

I sure hope so! We're staying at Boardwalk and I'll be bummed if it's not since that's the main reason we're staying there!

I sure hope so! We're staying at Boardwalk and I'll be bummed if it's not since that's the main reason we're staying there!
I know, first time staying in Epcot resort area. Seems like it would be stupid for them to cut that off entirely during construction, just a possible hassle for a race route

I know, first time staying in Epcot resort area. Seems like it would be stupid for them to cut that off entirely during construction, just a possible hassle for a race route
In Disney you pay for location and ease of access. I do think it would be a huge issue for them to charge the epcot premium and not deliver on the access. We stay at epcot resorts and pay that premium to be able to walk into epcot. Having to take anther mode of transportation would be a hassle.

giphy.gif

I'm entering proof of time and when I go to the results page for my race there are two times listed. One is 'official time' and the other is 'chip time' so the chip time is a our actual time (when we crossed the start to when we crossed the finish) and the official time is the time from when the race started to when we crossed the finish. So it makes sense to me that the time we use is the chip time as it's about 35secs quicker. Is this the right thing to do? I'm just concerned because they've called the clock time the *official* time.

It's happening!! The F&W booth menus have been released!!! I'm currently going to peruse them on the disney food blog during my lunch (which seems like a bad idea while eating a lean cuisine.) Just wanted to alert anyone who doesn't already know :)

It's happening!! The F&W booth menus have been released!!! I'm currently going to peruse them on the disney food blog during my lunch (which seems like a bad idea while eating a lean cuisine.) Just wanted to alert anyone who doesn't already know :)

Thanks for the update. Just looked at the menus and I might just live in Epcot for the weekend. Now to figure out which ADR's to cancel. :)

Good move. Instead of planning ADR's, we have to plan how to eat all the things. And drink all the drinks.

Us too. I only made a couple reservations. I love navigating around the showcase and spending lots of time at the Canada and Patagonia kiosks. I am so glad to see most of my favorites returning this year. This is exciting! I see lots of beef in my future!

Thanks for the heads up @roxymama.

Having just gotten a message that more slots have been opened for the 10, half, and challenge, I was wondering if they ever open extra 5K slots. Can anyone tell me if this has happened in the past?

Having just gotten a message that more slots have been opened for the 10, half, and challenge, I was wondering if they ever open extra 5K slots. Can anyone tell me if this has happened in the past?
If they do I'd want to know... was on the fence about doing the 5 on top of the 10 (which I will be doing for Dark Side in April!) and the day I was going to bite the bullet and sign up for 'Fall Feast' it sold out

2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Special Events

Party for the Senses

The Party is pricey and offered only on select weekend nights, so plan accordingly. To see what this event is like, check out our Party for the Senses review here. We’ll have a new review for you soon!

Where: World ShowPlace Events Pavilion

When: September 23, October 7, October 14, October 21, November 11

Price: $179 to $329 per person

Two of the parties will have extra special themes!

September 23: Party for the Senses Featuring Chefs from Disney Springs

Prepare to be dazzled as these Master Chefs shine! During this one-time event, dine on an incredible array of dishes from the finest eateries in Disney Springs—the dining, shopping and entertainment mecca designed for Walt Disney World Guests and food connoisseurs alike.

October 21: Party for the Senses Featuring Chefs from Disney Parks

Embark on a flavorful evening while sampling global cuisine with the pros! For one night only, Disney Chefs will gather together to lead Guests on an unforgettable gastronomical journey. Each tasting station will feature dishes that best represent their country, culture and the Disney theme park they call home. It’s a culinary adventure you won’t want to miss!

A tiered approach to tickets returns for 2017.

Wine View Lounge: Epcot admission required. Includes private reserved table, early entrance into event, specialty cocktail toast, premium bar, artisanal cheese station, and more.

Reserved Seating: Epcot admission required. Includes reserved table on main floor, early entrance into the event, and specialty cocktail toast.

Party for the Senses: Epcot admission required. Check in at WorldShow Place Events pavilion. Limited seating.

Cheese Seminars
Where: Festival Center, Chef’s Showcase

When: Select Saturdays, 9:45AM-11:15AM

Price: $89 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot Admission Required.

• French Cheeses and Wines

Hosted by Max McCalman

September 2, 2017

Savor a classic assiette de fromageaccompanied by a variety of elegant French wines famous around the world.
  • Italian Cheeses and Wines

Hosted by Tonda Corrente

September 16, 2017

Enjoy Italian vini and formaggi pairings that provide a delicious glimpse into the country’s noble yet rustic lifestyle.
  • Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines

Hosted by Erin Hedley

September 30, 2017

Taste amazing wines and cheeses deeply rooted in ancient Mediterranean diets as well as culture.
  • Old World Cheese Classic Cheese

Hosted by Max McCalman

October 7, 2017

Experience delightfully unique pairings of Europe’s most acclaimed wines and cheeses from various regions across the continent.
  • The Great Cheese and Wines of the United States

Hosted by David Gremmels

October 14, 2017

Summon your inner wine and cheese connoisseur with some of the finest selections produced in America.
  • Great British Cheeses and Aless

Hosted by Max McCalman

October 28, 2017

Learn how traditional British cheeses and ales pair in perfect harmony, something loyal fans have known for decades.
  • Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines

Hosted by Max McCalman

November 11, 2017

Sample autumn’s top seasonal cheeses, both domestic and imported, for a pièce-de-résistance pairing that closes the Festival on a highly delectable note!
What’s Cooking With . . .
To see a few events that give you an idea about this one, check out our reviews of similar events — Sweet Sundays with Carla Hall, and Food for Thought with Chef Rick Bayless as well as Food for Thought with Chef Norman Van Aken.

When: Select Fridays and Sundays throughout the Festival

Price: $129 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. Epcot admission required.

• September 3 – Shaun O’Neale
  • September 10 – Alex Guarnaschelli
  • September 15 – Stuart O’Keeffe
  • September 17 – Jet Tila
  • September 24 – Art Smith
  • September 29 – Graham Elliot
  • October 6 – Jamie Deen
  • October 8 – Geoffrey Zakarian
  • October 15 – Bryan Voltaggio
  • October 20 – Robert Irvine
  • October 22 – Robert Irvine
  • October 27 – Cat Cora
  • October 29 – Cat Cora
  • November 3 – Carla Hall
  • November 10 – Sarah Fioroni
  • November 12 – Buddy Valastro
Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! Hands-On Workshops
Guests can learn about a myriad of culinary subjects — from decorating cakes, garnishing like a boss, and even mixing up an amazing cocktail!

We look forward to the return of this event. It’s a great bargain compared to many of the more expensive Special Events. Read our Mix It, Make it, Celebrate It! review here.

When: Mondays through Thursdays from 12:15 PM to 1:30 PM

Price: $49 per person. Epcot Admission Required.

Check back for the full schedule soon!

Special Resort Events
Attend a selection of specially designed events that give you a peek into culinary magic, mixology and practical science at Disney Resorts!

Brunch with a Twist
General Event Details

Dates:

• September 16
  • October 28
The Secrets of Flavor
General Event Details

• Contemporary Catering Kitchen at Disney’s Contemporary Convention Center
  • Select Sundays from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
  • $129 per Guest—plus tax, gratuity included
Dates:

• October 1
  • October 8
  • October 15
Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
General Event Details

Dates

• September 6
  • September 13
  • September 20
  • September 27
Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef
Hone your culinary skills under the guidance of Disney pros!

General Event Details

• The Convention Center Chef’s Table at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on select dates
  • $259 per Guest—plus tax, gratuity included
Dates

• September 2
  • September 9
  • September 22
  • November 1
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining
Savor your way through a phenomenal dinner while a Chef (sometimes a celebrity Chef!) takes you through every bite, explaining technique, menu choice, and wine

Where: Around Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts

When: Look for more than 20 dinners throughout the festival!

Pricing: Prices are per person plus tax. Gratuity included. Theme park admission required for restaurants within a theme park.

September 2, 2017: Narcoossee’s

September 5, 2017: Morimoto Asia

September 8, 2017: STK Orlando

September 12, 2017: Morimoto Asia

September 15, 2017: Tiffins

September 16, 2017: Artist Point

September 19, 2017: Morimoto Asia

September 28, 2017: The Wave…of American Flavors

September 29, 2017: Jiko – The Cooking Place

October 4, 2017: Contemporary Catering Chef’s Table

October 5, 2017: California Grill

October 14, 2017: Morimoto Asia

October 20, 2017: Tiffins

October 20, 2017: STK Orlando and Wine Bar George

October 26, 2017: Flying Fish

October 27, 2017: Contemporary Catering Chef’s Table

November 1, 2017: Portobello Country Italian Trattoria

November 2, 2017: Yachtsman Steakhouse

November 3, 2017: Victoria & Albert’s

November 10, 2017: Tiffins

Parisian Breakfast
Guests are served a welcoming Mimosa, and then move on to a spread featuring authentic pastries (baguettes, brioches, croissants), unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and orange juice! Savor the baguettes made from scratch in a 48-hour process at Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie.

Fresh from the oven, enjoy them with butter and Bonne Maman confiture (fruit preserve) to make a French tartine. Check out our Parisian Breakfast Review!

Where: Les Chefs de France, France pavilion

When: Select Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM

Price: $40 per person. Epcot admission required.

Check back for the full schedule soon!

French Family Meal Traditions
Where: Monsieur Paul, France Pavilion

When: Select Fridays and Sundays from 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM

Pricing: $95. Epcot admission required.

• September 29
  • October 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27 and 29
  • November 3 and 5
The Parisian Afternoon: Sandwiches, Macarons, and Bubbles
Where: Monsieur Paul, France Pavilion

When: Select Saturdays from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Price: $55 per person. Epcot admission required.

• September 23
  • September 30
  • October 7
  • October 14
  • October 21
  • October 28
  • November 4
The Hibachi Experience
Where: Teppan Edo, Japan Pavilion

When: Select Mondays 4:00-6:00PM

Price: $180 per person. Epcot admission required.

• September 18 and 25
  • October 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
  • November 6 and 13
Tokyo Pairing — “Umami” (The Sixth Sense)
Japanese Craft Beer Tasting

Enjoy this unique sampling featuring six different Japanese style craft beers, paired with six different Japanese “Japanese Pub” foods in an open air setting.

Where: Katsura Garden Deck, Japan Pavilion

When: Select Wednesdays, 1:15-2:15PM

Price: $80 per person. Epcot admission required.

September 20 and 27

October 4, 11, 18 and 25

November 1 and 8

Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing
Check out our review of the event here!

Where: Spice Road Table, Morocco Pavilion

When: Select Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00PM

Price: $65. Epcot admission required.

• September 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 and 27
  • October 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25 and 30
  • November 1, 6, 8 and 13
Moroccan Food and Wine Pairing
Discover wines from three different regions and sample them alongside tasting portions of Moroccan cuisine.

Where: Restaurant Marrakesh, Morocco Pavilion

When: Select Tuesdays from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM

Price: $62 per person. Epcot admission required.

October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31

Italian Food, Wine Vs. Beer Pairing
Head to Italy in Epcot’s World Showcase for a pairing of food with both wine and beer at Via Napoli. See our review of an Italy Beer and Pizza Tasting here!

Where: Via Napoli, Italy Pavilion

When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM

Price: $88 per person. Epcot admission required

September 26 and 28

October 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 and 31

November 2, 7 and 9

Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon
Held in Tutto Gusto, the Italy Pavilion’s wine bar, this wine pairing event will showcase five courses — two of which will feature white truffle — paired with a variety of regional Italian wines. See our review of the Italy Beer and Pizza Pairing Lunch here!

Where: Tutto Gusto, Italy Pavilion

When: Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:00-2:00PM

Price: $99 per person. Epcot admission required

September 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 and 27

October 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25 and 30

November 1, 6 and 8

Mexican Tequila Lunch
Check out a 2011 Mexico Tequila Lunch guest review here! And our 2012 Mexico Tequila Pairing Lunch review here!

Where: La Hacienda de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion

When: Select Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM

Price: $85 per person. Epcot admission required

• August 31
  • September 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 and 29
  • October 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27
  • November 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10
IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
  • The celebration will be offered on a variety of days depending on the time of year, beginning one hour prior to the start of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.
Celebrate the cultures of the world with a confection of exquisitely crafted sweets from around the globe.

• Traditional baklava from Morocco
  • Pistachio cannoli from Italy
  • Chocolate ganache tarts from France
  • Crisped rice puffs inspired by Asian cuisine
  • Warm Chocolate Pudding from the United Kingdom
  • Strawberry Shortcake Bowl from the United States
  • Chocolate-laced brownies with Mickey confetti
  • Hand-dipped popcorn gelato
  • A display of fresh fruits
  • Warm, sundried tomato cheese fondue
  • Pretzel bread sticks and crackers
Plus, you can even add a refreshing assortment of beverages—including sparkling wines—to your delightful dessert before sharing an unforgettable moment with family and friends during the stirring, spectacular finale.

Admission to the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party costs just $49 for adults and $29 for children ages 3 to 9—tax and gratuity included.

Exclusive Events for Disney Chase Visa Cardmembers
In recent years, unique events were added to the Food and Wine Festival lineup exclusively for Disney Chase Visa Cardmembers. Stay tuned to DFB to learn if they’ll be offered again this year.

So the Parisian Breakfast is at 9:00 am the morning of the 10k. What do you think the chances are of being able to do both. Could you be done the run in time and still make the breakfast (with maybe a shower in between). Staying onsite but have never done a Disney run before, so not sure of the logistics.

So the Parisian Breakfast is at 9:00 am the morning of the 10k. What do you think the chances are of being able to do both. Could you be done the run in time and still make the breakfast (with maybe a shower in between). Staying onsite but have never done a Disney run before, so not sure of the logistics.

Depends on your speed and what hotel.

If you are at an EPCOT resort, I would say yes you could shower. If you aren't - you get to go stinky!

I would be done the run in about an hour. But staying at Saratoga Springs. As a gift to the other patrons I will have to skip the event and not go stinky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter