Offsite Remy & Park Hopping

LolaNJoe

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to WDW since Genie+ started or Remy opened. We are driving down for a cruise and wanted to do one park hopper day to do Epcot and MK and are staying offsite. I did purchase a park hopper with genie+, but how should I plan this? Must do's:

- Remy @ Epcot
- Fireworks @ MK

My understanding is I'll have to make reservations for Epcot (would much rather start at MK) so I can try to do the VQ at 7am. When we arrive at the park, rope dropping at 10am is our earliest available time to start to buy LL, correct? And if those are sold out we can try VQ again at 1pm? I'm concerned about having a late return time and not having much time at MK. It's one day and for my 40th birthday so I don't mind spending a little extra to get to ride.

Has anyone park hopped recently for these things and have any tips? Also any idea if the park hours might be extended like they had been recently? Right now MK will be open 9am-8pm and Epcot 10am-9pm for 2/2/22.

Feb 2nd is a Wednesday. I would recommend getting a room at swan and dolphin or a dvc point rental so you can take advantage of MK late night. That way you can arrive early at Epcot at 9:30 and then go later in the evening to MK to walk/shop/short rides and have plenty of time to hit most of the headliners in the extra hours.

WAIT that is the only day that it is showing Friday? I would probably call and confirm that Friday is accurate, as that would be a perfect chance for deluxe hours if it were on that Wednesday but won’t help any of it is actually on Friday.

You could of course do it as you are planning, just going to have to relax and expect to miss a lot given the late park Opening combined with earlier close time.

Looks like the extended hours for MK are indeed Friday. I'm okay with missing a few things at both since it's a quick trip, I just really want to hit a few favorites and see the new fireworks! We did have a chance to see Harmonious during our last trip.

I'm reading more about buying LL, and it kind of seems like I can buy LL in Remy from another park? Is that right?

I believe you can buy ILLS after 2 even if you have another park reserved, and you can do it at the opening time of your reserved park - not the opening time of Epcot. You would be able to see LL times after 2 PM. You can only buy two ILLS per day, but they don't have to be in the same park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter