Offsite Restraunts

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find it under the search. When staying at WDW what places do you eat dinner at off site? Previously we thought we would eat at the Trails End Buffet, but looking at the prices, we probably could eat better and cheaper at an Olive Garden type restraunt.

Any ideas?

Deb

huge fan base:) One of the managers is a DISer, apparently:) On our list as an offsite try for this year. I think it's up on I-Drive, though.

We like all the 192W to 27 eateries..The AcePepper Chinese Buffet was good (Holiday Inn, maybe?)

Golden Corral, TGIFridays, Cracker Barrel, Black Angus Steakhouse..they're all there:)

HTH!

:sunny:

Sweet Tomatoes? :)

Sounds good. What kind of food do they serve?

Deb

Jungle Jim's in the Crossroads shopping plaza is a tradition for us - have to eat there at least once each trip. We get a coupon from Coupons ala Carte for a free app with purchase of 2 entrees and that is sometimes one of the kids dinneror lunch depending on when we go.

The Shark Restaurant at Seaworld. Excellent view of shark tank. Really good fish. Pricey$$$

Bahama Breeze is starting to become a tradition for us, it's owned by the same company that owns Olive Garden, and Red Lobster (Darden). We just love there carribbean flare food. And since our Joe's Crab Shack went out of business, we have to go to Joe's. It's really not that much cheaper than a WDW restaurant, but we just love there crab legs. If your looking for good prices at DD, don't forget Wolfgang pucks express, we love there food and the portions are huge. Earl of Sandwich is pretty good too.

The Olive Garden on the corner of Apopka/Vineland Road and Palm Parkway is also a nice place. They've been there for years and we find lunch is WAY less crowded than dinner. Also, we've gone to the Orlando Ale House at that same intersection (sort of behind Walgreens, I think) a few times. They have a good casual menu, burgers and such. A lot of locals frequent the Ale House. If you'd like to venture over to Celebration they've got some some places also. Market Street Cafe in Celebration has always been good. It's sort of a retro diner type place, lots of stainless steel around.....very good comfort food.

You mean people go offsite to eat???? Just kidding, but to the OP, Trails End is great!!! not sure how much it is now, it was like 12.95 or 14.95 per adult and kids less, not sure you could go to any of those places for less than that. Did it go up drastically, or am I still living in the past??

Update - so its up to 16.99 and 7.99, still an great deal!!!DINNER

Sunday through Thursday - 4:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday - 4:30 - 10 p.m.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet includes:

Fried Chicken
Smoked Pork ribs
Choice of Potato
Pasta
Fresh Catch of the day
Chef's Specials
Hand-Carved Roasted Meats
Salad Bar
Soup of the day
Chili
Vegetables
Macaroni & Cheese
Pasta
Pizza
Peel-and-eat shrimp
Homemade Fruit Cobbler
Bread Pudding
Non-alcoholic beverage included
Full service bar also available.

Also Available for an Additional Charge:
Jim Bowie Root Beer Float $4.75
Brownie Alamo Sundae $3.99
Strawberry Shortcake $3.99
Smoothies and Shakes $3.99
Souvenir Specialty Drinks

Price: $16.99 Adult; $7.99 Child (3-9)

Soup & Salad Bar Only Available $11.50

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We know exactly where Crossroads is. We'll be coming from Kennedy Space Center, so we'll take a look around. I wrote all your suggestions down and will try to find them when we get there :)

Thanks Again Everyone!

Deb

One of my favorites is Giordano's (sp?) - they do Chicago Pizza (personally better than Pizzaria Uno's ) There are other things on their menu but don't remember them. If you are coming from Downtown Disney - instead of going straight into Crossroads - go left - it is down the road in same place as the Steak and Shake.

My family and I enjoyed the Orlando Ale House that a relative of mine who lives in Orlando suggested. The service is Great and it is casual dinning. Not far from DTD. 30 Shrimp in Garlic and lots of beer. The dinner was $9.95!
Head out on Hotel Plaza Blvd., turn left onto Rt. 435 and head east (South Apopka Vineland Blvd.). Proceed a short distance to Palm Parkway, turn left and the Ale House is right near the corner on the right. VERY Family Friendly.

Cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter