Oga's- what is it exactly?

kranzaldua

Mouseketeer
My apologies, I know not much about SW. I've searched the forums and even went on Disney website to check the menu--this place is just drinks correct? I see like 2 snacks listed on the menu but then just a bunch of fancy, high dollar drinks. Double checking that I'm not missing anything?

It is a bar themed in the style of the bars / cantinas in the Star Wars films. Its meant to be as if you are in one of the cantinas in the films, so as such its not "Star Wars" themed, so you wont see Star Wars merchandise on the walls.

The bar staff and servers stay in character, so again its part of the immersive experience.

The drinks are premade, so you cant order off menu or do substitutes.

You will either be assigned a space at the bar, at a standing table or a booth. There are limited booths available, so the majority of people are standing.

There is a 2 drink per person maximum and a 45 minute time allowance. The time is calculated from the receipt / drink order time.

If you leave you allocated space if will be assumed that you are done and it will be allocated to another party.

For people who are Star Wars fans, its very cool to be in a place that you know from the films.

I agree and disagree with what's been posted. It's an establishment that lets you park your hind end inside the Air Conditioned space and revel in the Star Wars decorations and lore. It wants to be a bar, but it's not. A bar should be a place to relax and enjoy a drink. Oga's is nothing more than experience, and your ticket to enjoy that experience is to buy a very over priced, batch made beverage, these are not cocktails that are craft made. These are Hawaiian Punch that's been stirred up in the back. The problem with the experience is you want to get up and roam about... but your supposed to stay in your pen drink your drink and look around. The drinks here are marginal at best and one thing everyone seems to agree with is they are overpriced. They don't want you to eat, because then you might stay longer. You're lucky if you get a seat because most guests get tied-up like a horse standing at a feeding trough.

Please don't get me wrong, Oga's has some amazing decoration and atmosphere. If you are into Star Wars it is a sight to behold. But IMHO it could have been so much better than what it is. But if you go, just go and enjoy the experience and be happy your wallet is lighter.

I agree and disagree with what's been posted. It's an establishment that lets you park your hind end inside the Air Conditioned space and revel in the Star Wars decorations and lore. It wants to be a bar, but it's not. A bar should be a place to relax and enjoy a drink. Oga's is nothing more than experience, and your ticket to enjoy that experience is to buy a very over priced, batch made beverage, these are not cocktails that are craft made. These are Hawaiian Punch that's been stirred up in the back. The problem with the experience is you want to get up and roam about... but your supposed to stay in your pen drink your drink and look around. The drinks here are marginal at best and one thing everyone seems to agree with is they are overpriced. They don't want you to eat, because then you might stay longer. You're lucky if you get a seat because most guests get tied-up like a horse standing at a feeding trough.

Please don't get me wrong, Oga's has some amazing decoration and atmosphere. If you are into Star Wars it is a sight to behold. But IMHO it could have been so much better than what it is. But if you go, just go and enjoy the experience and be happy your wallet is lighter.

Thank you for your thorough assessment- makes it easier to make a decision about getting a reservation!

Our kids fit into the bar level high chairs (then 1 and lean 4) and we had a better experience standing and facing the DJ. They were dancing to the music and drinking blue milk. It’s a must do once (once per trip for us).

I like DJ R-3X the animatronic DJ in there and the music and vibe was fun. Ordered two drinks and charcuterie to snack. Enjoyed a break from the heat. Would recommend to try at least once

It was still up a week ago. There is at least one booth that doesn't have plexiglass (was with large party seated at that one in December)

We were just there and had drinks on Thursday ( 3/17)... it's a bar, themed right out of the movies... It is really cool inside, totally soo much fun. I will say that I noticed that they seemed to sit parties with kids in the booths... which is good in my way of thinking, you still can check everything out, and the kids have a place to sit and relax... We had a really good time...

Drinks are very pricey for sure... I will say that they are not your ordinary drinks... The Fuzzy Tauntaun.. is something everyone should try, I will say we were warned that it not for our species, and the Outer Rim was pretty good as well...

Our kids fit into the bar level high chairs (then 1 and lean 4) and we had a better experience standing and facing the DJ. They were dancing to the music and drinking blue milk. It’s a must do once (once per trip for us).

There are bar level high chairs?! We have a reservation here in a few weeks, and are bringing our two littles (not quite 2, and 5) and I've been wondering what we'll do with the little one or if we should just cancel.

Best review ever on Oga's. Couldn't have stated it better.

In the before times they would sit people from different parties in the booths if they didn't have large parties. Also, in the before times, the 2 drink 45 min. was not always enforced. I know this because my son (adult) and I sat there for at least a hour and my son had at least 3 drinks. We were getting ready to leave after our 2 drinks (2 drinks for my son, one drink for me) and my son joked with the server that he wished we could stay for one more drink and the server told us to go ahead and stay. We were sitting at a booth with two other families we didn't know. I know while we were sitting there both families left and new people came in to replace them.

We liked it well enough but not well enough to stress over not getting an ADR the next visit. At the time, you were allowed to walk through the place and look around when you were leaving if you asked nice enough. It was loud and we were sitting on little stools on the outside of the booth and got bumped a lot by passing people. My son would have actually preferred to stand as he has nerve damage in his spine and sitting for long periods isn't comfortable, but you aren't given the option of where they put you.

They will let you buy a drink to go.

They used to say that if you were going to walk around and take photos it was fine.

They don't go out of their way to seat parties with kids in the booths. They will bring out a high chair for smaller ones at the standing areas. However, if you have party members who can't stand for long periods you can ask for a booth. You'll have to wait for it instead of going in immediately.

We went on Friday, and while it was neat, not something we need to do every trip. They "sat" us at the bar and my 7 year old was not pleased. We had to keep him several times from just joining another group to try and sit down. I think the kids Bantha drinks (blue milk with a sugar cookie) were better than the adults fancy drinks.

Are children allowed inside? We will be taking our 2 boys age 7 and 10. Wondering if I need to get party of 4 or only party of 2 if they are not drinking.thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter