'ohana ADR wwyd?!

chic mama

Mouseketeer
We have a 9:50pm ADR at Ohana on 9/18...we also have a 5 and 2 year old! What are the chances of being seated earlier if we show up at like 8?!

I don't know if I should just cancel it or try to get there early and hope for the best...with the cc hold, I am a little concerned someone will be asleep before 9:50!!

I would keep checking online as often as possible to try to catch an earlier time. Im just thinking showing up earlier could be a potential waste of time and energy if they can't seat you before your scheduled adr.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Just went to Ohana on Thursday. Everywhere else was slow, so we decided to ask for a table early. We had a 9:55 ADR and checked in at 9:15. We were seated at 9:50. We had a very bad experience there. I understand that it is family style but our salad, appetizeres and main course sides were on our table within 2 minutes of siitting down. I don't know about others, but I prefer to have a little time between courses. Also, there were several screaming infants in our area that made the experience very unpleasant. I told our server that I would like the check and pay for our meal so we could leave. To Disney's credit, they didn't charge me for the meal and explained that it usually wasn't like this. Well done Disney!!! I would like to believe this but don't see myself going back.

anywhere else Id say go for it but at ohana I doubt uts possible:(

we were there a week ago and showed up about 45 minutes early.. they said come back 20 minutes before ADR time. It wasnt a big deal we hung out in the lounge. Our res was for 6:30 we saw so many people getting turned away for walk ins. One guy was like.. "you mean to tell me Im staying in this hotel and I cant get in to eat?" crazy.

we were lucky, didnt get rushed through the meal... but I have heard people complain (here on the dis) about feeling rushed through.. thats no fun at all.

I remember once, they messed up our reservation had the wrong amount of people listed in our party.. we didnt get seated til almost 10 , cause we had to wait. That was bad. But i love the food. thats why i keep going back! Its always my fav meal of the vacation.

How early can you eat dinner? It might require some rearranging of your schedule but you might try to just do 'Ohana standby. You have to be there right when they open at like 4:30pm though and you may have to wait about an hour. But at least you'll be eating at a reasonable time with little ones. If you go this route, make sure you cancel your 9:50 adr the day before (or earlier) so you don't get charged the no-show penalty. Keep checking every day though, even while you're at WDW. Ask your hotel concierge... especially the day before. Others may have a change in plans and have to cancel to avoid the cc charge for no-shows. Good luck!

I would keep checking online as often as possible to try to catch an earlier time. Im just thinking showing up earlier could be a potential waste of time and energy if they can't seat you before your scheduled adr.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I agree with this. Ohana is always crazy busy and often running behind even for their scheduled ADRs. I doubt you could get in early and would probably end up sitting around until 9:50.

With kids that young, there's no way we could do 9:50. Heck, we couldn't do 9:50 for just adults! I'd keep checking and maybe look for an alternate place for dinner.

Like others have mentioned, it is highly unlikely that you will get seated early at Ohana. And certainly not 2 hours early, unless by some crazy miracle there are several last minute cancellations and no one else waiting to be seated. And with the cc policy, that is even more unlikely.

When we have been there, walk ins were told a 2+ hour wait. We had a late (but not as late as 9:50) reservation and weren't seated until about 15 minutes after our scheduled time. And keep in mind, depending on your server, this meal can drag out so I personally wouldn't try it even with my 9 year old.

Just keep an eye out for a cancellation in the meantime as there is always a chance something workable will pop-up.

There is no way I would try that ADR with little ones! Even if you are seated on time you will be there for at least an hour and then travel back to the resort. If you run late?

'Ohana is crazy busy so I doubt that you could arrive early and be seated. I would look for another ADR that is closer to your normal dinnertime.

I agree with the other posters, not likely. Last time we were there we had an ADR and waited 40 minutes after our ADR time! Walk ins were told minimum of a 3 hour wait.

I would suggest (as did others) finding another restaurant... but keep checking to see if something ealier opens up! I would even keep checking while you are there as people will cancel (during our last visit we changed some of our reservations while we were there and were surprised that there were some great options and times available).

Good luck!

The majority of people with very late ADR times probably wanted them earlier but had to just settle for what was available. So it probably wouldn't work. Showing up early might just make a long wait even longer.

I understand your pain! I've been trying for November 11th or 12th for days! Ohana is my first choice and Cape May is my second. Today a 7:50 came up at Cape May but I had to pass. I have a 14 month old and we need something earlier! Believe me though, I have seen people keep their kids up later than I feel appropriate...but that's their choice. It's just not for me.

I told our server that I would like the check and pay for our meal so we could leave. To Disney's credit, they didn't charge me for the meal and explained that it usually wasn't like this.

As far as I remember, it is usually like that.

It pays to keep checking and checking. A few minutes ago I booked a 5:10 p.m. reservation at 'Ohana for October 14th.

Oh darlin' I feel for you! Even if it's a restraunt you REALLY want I know for me, with my kids, I'd be miserable and wouldn't be able to enjoy myself with two exhausted and likely crabby children...especially a two year old, that is SO HARD!!! I didn't believe people when they said it paid to keep checking but it does. My TA was a nightmare and booked us horrible times for our ADR's...so I went online and found my own and believe it or not about 9 days out *(6 days ago!) I got amazing CRT reservations and a perfect 1900 Park Fare ressie before our flight on departure day. I'd keep looking...it might take a day or two of constant checking and that's a pain, but it's SO SO SO worth it!! After all you're spending all that money and time, might as well try and get a dinner reservation that you can enjoy! :) Good luck!

We have a 9:50pm ADR at Ohana on 9/18...we also have a 5 and 2 year old! What are the chances of being seated earlier if we show up at like 8?!

I don't know if I should just cancel it or try to get there early and hope for the best...with the cc hold, I am a little concerned someone will be asleep before 9:50!!
Cancel it. Ohana isn't going to seat you over an hour early. We have 4 kids who are now teens and preteens and I wouldn't even attemp to take them to dinner that late - can you say tired and grumpy! Your little ones probably wouldn't even be awake when the first course arrived.

Ohana is awesome, probably my favorite restaurant on Disney property, but I wouldn't want to eat there under your circumstances.

Every time we've gone to Ohana's, we checked in about 20 to 30 minutes early and were never seated early. We actually waited once 20 minutes past our ADR time of 9:30pm, and the second time we waited 40 minutes past our ADR time of 9pm. Based on my experience, I don't think showing up early will get you in earlier.

Like others have said, keep checking online, hopefully an earlier time will pop up.

Every time we've gone to Ohana's, we checked in about 20 to 30 minutes early and were never seated early. We actually waited once 20 minutes past our ADR time of 9:30pm, and the second time we waited 40 minutes past our ADR time of 9pm. Based on my experience, I don't think showing up early will get you in earlier.

Like others have said, keep checking online, hopefully an earlier time will pop up.

Same here! We always show up early for our ADRs and can usually get in a little early. However, Ohana and Le Cellier are always the exception. Even checking in early, we are always seated way past our ADR time and if we try to check in too early (more than 40 minutes) frequently we are told to return no earlier than 20 minutes before our ADR time.

Keep trying. With the CC policy, people will likely cancel.

One of the things I usually say when people talk about traveling with little people and meals is try to stick to their regular meal time. And part of that post is usually “I know that 9:30 or later ADR at Ohana is enticing when it is the only one open, but unless you have a real night owl, I wouldn’t do it.”

Now granted at home we eat between 5:30 and 6:30 and on our last trip our latest ADR was 6:40 at CRT to give us enough time after BBB and our earliest 5:15 at Ohana (because of some waiting stories I’d read) and I was carrying snacks because past 7, you are asking for it with my two, particularly my two year-old. He can stay up past 11:00 if there's something going on that interests him, but mess with his meal time and my sweet baby boy goes :furious: And my daughter acts like she will :faint:

Looking back, the only place we were at that time of night was either watching Wishes or in our resort room.

I hope you get a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter