'Ohana Booked :(

jandm

Mouseketeer
We really wanted to try 'Ohana for dinner on 5/8 and it's already booked. I'm really hoping that it's because of Mother's Day and not because it's going to be packed that week we are there. :) Do you think a time will open up? Should I keep checking everyday? I made an ADR for Whispering Canyon as a backup.

Yes, keep checking back because people cancel all the time. If you get down there and still don't have O'hana for that day still check back because someone may even cancel that day.

I wish you much luck. O'hana would be a fun place to go for Mothers day.:flower3:

Definitely keep checking. I was just able to book the Fantasmic Dinner package for next month which has been completely booked up since I started checking 2 weeks ago.

THERE IS HOPE!!!

Our family will be there next week. We have never eaten at Ohana's and really wanted to try. But every time I tried for an online reservation it was booked. I got really discouraged. I called the dining line and talked to a CM, and she said to keep the reservation page (on the disney dining site) open, and everytime you walk by, hit "Search Again" for the days that you want. She said people cancel all the time, but it's immediately snatched up. So I took her advice. Lo and behold, just a few minutes ago, I hit search again and GOT ONE!!! Hooray!!! So don't lose hope, and keep trying.

Yes,definitely keep checking!!! Kona is another really nice place, we liked it much better then WCC!

We really wanted to try 'Ohana for dinner on 5/8 and it's already booked. I'm really hoping that it's because of Mother's Day and not because it's going to be packed that week we are there.

I actually have an ADR at 'Ohana that night, at 6:30 p.m., but have been trying to get an earlier slot. I'm guessing the main reason it's booked up that night is due to Mother's Day, but I also have a feeling that week is going to be a lot more crowded than we'd like. Keeping fingers crossed for us ... good luck and keep trying!

O'hana often fills early, and cancellations are few. You may get lucky, but this is one people book 180+ days out to get what they want. WCC is a blast and the brisket is great.

How many people in your party?

I just checked for 5/8 and show 8:35pm available for a party of 4.

Also shows 5:15pm or 8:15pm for a party of 3.

THERE IS HOPE!!!

Our family will be there next week. We have never eaten at Ohana's and really wanted to try. But every time I tried for an online reservation it was booked. I got really discouraged. I called the dining line and talked to a CM, and she said to keep the reservation page (on the disney dining site) open, and everytime you walk by, hit "Search Again" for the days that you want. She said people cancel all the time, but it's immediately snatched up. So I took her advice. Lo and behold, just a few minutes ago, I hit search again and GOT ONE!!! Hooray!!! So don't lose hope, and keep trying.

I found Le Cellier (three times) over the last two months doing this. First time for 7:30, no good. Second time 4:30, but not the day I wanted, which I booked, and the second time for 5:30 on the right day, PERFECT! (I cancelled the other, and posted the cancellation here.)

Keep trying!

We went to Ohana on Mother's Day last year. I made the ADR at my 180+ day and had no issues. They did accept walk ups last year..2hr wait but we saw ppl getting in. It was QUITE busy that night with big parties and we waited about 20 mins or so past our ADR time, but my mom did get a carnation at check in. We have to go in Sept this year due to my work commitments, but we said we would def not go back on Mother's Day if we went back during our usual May time frame. Good luck finding a reservation!

We went to Ohana on Mother's Day last year. I made the ADR at my 180+ day and had no issues. They did accept walk ups last year..2hr wait but we saw ppl getting in. It was QUITE busy that night with big parties and we waited about 20 mins or so past our ADR time, but my mom did get a carnation at check in. We have to go in Sept this year due to my work commitments, but we said we would def not go back on Mother's Day if we went back during our usual May time frame. Good luck finding a reservation!

I went ahead and booked for a different night later in the week. If one open's up on Mother's Day, I still may take it. :) What was the weather & crowds like last May?

Temps were in the mid 90s that week and we only had one rain shower the entire week we were there. According to my Orlando friends, it was hotter than normal for the first part of May. They said usually mid 80s is normal. People warned us about how hot Sept is and I can't imagine it being much worse than what we had in May.

Crowds weren't bad except at the headliners...smart use of FP and touring plans got us around that. We also did alot of rope drops. Def alot more pleasant and less crowded than my solo trip at the end of June 2 yrs prior! We'd love to stick with May....but I can't get the time off at work this year until we wrap a project.

Regardless of the restaurant, the rule is ALWAYS check back. People cancel all the time. Kids get sick, plans change, you aren't that hungry, out of dining credits, whatever. You just be patient and keep calling and you will get your POG juice at O'Hana. Say hi to Stitch for me!

Eleni, the Mickey Mama

similiar thing happened with me, keep trying, it seems like people cancel closer to the actual date so something might open up then. Also, when you check in you can ask concierge to check for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter