'Ohana breakfast: bacon officially gone

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
There were reports of this in an earlier thread that I can't find... but I just checked the menu... replaced by ham with a pineapple compote, so it looks like it is official.

I just emailed to express my displeasure and hoping others will do the same. Will not go back without bacon!

Last edited:
Sorry for the upset, but thank you for the report. If it's a really good cured ham, I can actually see that being pretty delicious and I appreciate the uniqueness, but the bacon is going to be missed. Especially since it went so well with the biscuits and eggs!

IKR??? I told my husband about this change and we both agreed that there are much better breakfasts to be eaten like Boma, or I don't know...BOMA! My 2 year old wouldn't get to meet Stitch, but since he won't know the difference, we will be cancelling our ADR in September if it is still ham on the menu. Yuck.

I'm so sad. I hate ham and we were going to try 'Ohana breakfast for the first time in October. I don't know what to do now. I really want to meet Lilo, but bacon is my favorite breakfast food.

Sorry for the upset, but thank you for the report. If it's a really good cured ham, I can actually see that being pretty delicious and I appreciate the uniqueness, but the bacon is going to be missed. Especially since it went so well with the biscuits and eggs!
if they did ham and bacon I'd be ok (though I really loved the sausage last time but of the 3 i'd always pick bacon). The reports were that it is "meh" though.

IKR??? I told my husband about this change and we both agreed that there are much better breakfasts to be eaten like Boma, or I don't know...BOMA! My 2 year old wouldn't get to meet Stitch, but since he won't know the difference, we will be cancelling our ADR in September if it is still ham on the menu. Yuck.
yes, We are staying at the poly and wanted to do this breakfast on our last morning before leaving. Not sure what I will do now... it's still 6.5 months out so maybe book it and hope? My son is a bit older (9) so characters are super important to him. Maybe we'll trek over to beach club instead for Cape May, no stitch but they will at least have bacon.

I'm so sad. I hate ham and we were going to try 'Ohana breakfast for the first time in October. I don't know what to do now. I really want to meet Lilo, but bacon is my favorite breakfast food.
that is a tough choice since I am not sure she shows up anywhere else. That's kind of why I posted about it, it seems very simple to change back and offer it, if enough people email they might bring it back. I wouldn't mind all 3!

Somewhere out there the Baconators are rejoicing that there is more for them.
Pigs on the other hand wonder what's wrong with turkey.
LOL!
nothing. I'd go for turkey sausage ;) but not turkey bacon!

There has been mention of this several times in some other Disney social media groups I belong to.
One family reported that when the ham was served to them, they asked for bacon and some bacon was brought out to them.

There has been mention of this several times in some other Disney social media groups I belong to.
One family reported that when the ham was served to them, they asked for bacon and some bacon was brought out to them.
that's good to know, but who knows how long they will continue to do that and before committing 6 months in advance I'd rather know I can get it rather than hope I can get something off menu.

if they did ham and bacon I'd be ok (though I really loved the sausage last time but of the 3 i'd always pick bacon). The reports were that it is "meh" though.

Really? Ugh, that stinks! Onto the next character breakfast for this family.

To give you an idea of what our family likes, we were there in March and the server had to refill the bacon 3 times:) I know when we stayed at US at Cabana Bay and ate breakfast at their QS, we were shocked by how much bacon they gave. A heck of a lot more then the WDW standard 2 pieces, even our 7 year old DD noticed:)

To give you an idea of what our family likes, we were there in March and the server had to refill the bacon 3 times:) I know when we stayed at US at Cabana Bay and ate breakfast at their QS, we were shocked by how much bacon they gave. A heck of a lot more then the WDW standard 2 pieces, even our 7 year old DD noticed:)
yeah I like to do buffets/aycte with my kid because he will eat his weight in bacon. I don't let him do that at home, lol, but on vacation.... heck yeah! We are going to do WCC another morning and even though he will only eat waffles and bacon I will get him the skillet for the aycte bacon (he is still 9 so kid's pricing).

WHAT?!?!?! NO BACON???? :furious: wow! Im not pleased! Sure, disney bacon isnt the best in the world but heck, whats breakfast without bacon???? :( Im officially sad! Yes, officially. :sad: I actually do love ham as well, but I love my bacon!

Bacon is part of breakfast at a restaurant. They don't serve bacon, we don't go. *sigh* Oh well... I did want to meet Stitch but I guess I will be able to talk DH into an Aulani day if we take a Hawaiian vacation.

My daughters favorite thing is bacon! She will be upset by this but we want to meet stitch too!
Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I made sure with my family they still wanted to go. Everyone was fine. I have two that like ham. And one that likes sausage. I don't care as long as I get potatoes and waffles. Carbs...

My daughters favorite thing is bacon! She will be upset by this but we want to meet stitch too!
Thanks for the heads up.
as reported above you can request, but if it's not on the menu I wouldn't 100% count on it. But you can try! Please report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter