Ohana, is there really always a long wait after check in?

NoraRose

Earning My Ears
We have a 6:55pm Ohana reservation on March 5th. We then have Animal Kingdom After Hours that night at 9pm.

I’ve been reading about how people are, more often than not, always seated late for their reservations.

Are we in trouble timing-wise?

On our trip in mid May we didn’t even wait five minutes. No complaints about that. 😀 We were a party of two.

If we have plans after we show up 20 minutes early and are usually seated by our ADR time.

With the fixed menu the food does begin rolling out as soon as you are seated which can make-up for wait time; we also ask for the check before we are finished.

We've eaten there twice in the last year. First with two separate groups of six reservations where we asked them to combine (for 12 at 7 pm primetime), waited about 15 minutes. Second time for 2, we were called instantly.

If you have after hours at 9, how are you getting there? Using disney transportation allow 60 minutes. You’ll never make the start. You might get thee by 10

You guys give me hope! If I can’t change the time to sooner (we have 2 months, so fingers crossed) we will head there a little early and hope they call us ASAP.

It’s just 2 of us, so I think that’ll help too!

We have also been able to get the dessert to go- which may help if you are in a time crunch. They will box up the bread pudding and the sauce, but obviously not the ice cream. My husband inevitably will eat way more meat that he should, and never leaves room for dessert!

I will also agree with @Pumbaa_ that asking for the check as soon as you are finished should help.

We have a 6:55pm Ohana reservation on March 5th. We then have Animal Kingdom After Hours that night at 9pm.

I’ve been reading about how people are, more often than not, always seated late for their reservations.

Are we in trouble timing-wise?

The last time we ate there, we were seated within about 10 minutes of checking in. From checking in to walking out of the restaurant, it took about 90 minutes. As PP's suggested, I would definitely ask for the check as soon as you sit down and consider using lyft/uber/Minnie Van over to AK. I would also keep trying to move the ADR earlier or even consider eating dinner closer to AK (like Sanaa or Boma).

Three of us ate at Ohana Dec 22. Seated 10 minutes early . Our adr was 6:30. Btw we did the AK after hrs on a different night and it was great!! Have fun!!

Went once as a large group, I forget the exact number but it was around 10 or 11, and that time we waited about 20-30 minutes. But when it was just DW and I I think we waited less than 5, if that.

We had a party of 6 seated immediately at 5:30 back in September. Probably gets worse during peak hours.

Last edited:
You should be able to move it earlier if you check all the time....especially the day before or even day of....but I wouldn't risk it, as if you had a 90 min experience, but you had to wait for 20-30 min ( as you are in the throes of peak dinner time) you would most likely be late for your AH, which doesn't seem cost efficient....I would also go for something like Boma, which is closer....but I would also think about the snacks you're going to have there, they might not be as fun on a full stomach....

During Christmas week in 18. we waited close to 30 minutes after check in for breakfast. A little annoying, but understood how busy it was. food did roll out within 4 minutes after seating down.

I have waited as much as 45 minutes. It's hard, but the place is always packed and there's only so much they can do if people aren't ready to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter