Ohana or Cape May for Breakfast

japeer1980

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide which to do for our last day in wdw. We are staying at the GF and are not planning on going to the parks on our last day. We want to do a nice breakfast and then just hang out by the pool (weather permitting) until we need to head to the airport. Ohana would be a much easier commute!!

Which breakfast is better food wise? It's myself, my husband, and our almost 3 year old!!

Thanks in advance!!!

We love the Cape May breakfast - great character interaction; but we have never done Ohana. Planning on having breakfast there in August for the first time.

We have done both breakfasts and we we prefer Cape May hands down. The food is hot and fresh and the character interaction is priceless. For our March trip I decided to not make an ADR for Cape May (it is usually a must do for us) and was going to try something else. Both of my girls AND my DH were very upset that I would even consider going someplace else. Needless to say, I cancelled the other ADR that I had and made one for Cape May...I guess I learned my lesson :rotfl:

Cape May is SOOOO good! I love the food at that one.

Ohana has beautiful surroundings to explore after dinner and is lots of fun too! BTW...you can use the walking/jogging path to get to the Poly from GF.

It all depends on how much time you have and how much time you want to spend travelling to/from breakfast.

We (me, DH, DD6 and DD2.5) loved the Ohana breakfast (never done Cape May). The food was very good.

As far as the commute, I'd defiintely stay as close to your hotel as possible. In December (stayed at SSR) we did an early ADR breakfast (815am) at Chef Mickey's. We thought we'd have plenty of time to get some snack credit things from Magic Kingdom's candy store, head back to SSR, pack the car and get out by 11am check-out. NO SUCH LUCK. We just missed the bus back to SSR and for some reason it took over 40 minutes for another bus to come. We got back to SSR a little before 11am. Thank goodness we had express check-out and didn't need to officially check out. It took almost an hour to pack the Tahoe up (4 adults and 2 kids worth of bags and stuff). It was a nightmare.

You don't want to get caught up in some bus fiasco like we did and not be able to relax before you leave. Besides, as I said before, Ohana was really good. You get the regular breakfast fixings, some pineapple type bread and delicious fresh fruit. Your characters are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. My DD2.5 loved doing the little parade around the restaurant with the characters.

Have a great trip!

We have done both and prefer 'Ohana. DD6 and DS3 are big Lilo and Stitch fan as well as Mickey and Pluto. We like the food, and it is brought to your table family style (no trips to a buffet). We stayed at the Poly last trip and did this breakfast 3 times. Kids loved it every time. They also do a little parade around the restaurant and hand out maracas to the kids.

Beach Club was good, more variety obviously since it was a buffet. The characters were Donald, Minnie and Goofy in their beachwear. It was nice, and quiet for a character breakfast.

I'd pick 'Ohana hands down.

We are eating at both this trip!!!!!

My DS picked O'Hana's for his B-day! We have done this breakfast in the past and loved it! It was alot of fun we went in 07 and 09!!!!!! We are going again in April /10 for his b-day!!!! As a side note we have purchased the family photo they took before we go in! We have 2 and can't wait for a 3 pic.!!!:thumbsup2

This trip we are going to Cape May for breakfast!!!! This will be our first time there!!!

Enjoy which ever you decide!:wizard:

Gosh, that is a hard choice as these two were our favourites. Chip and Dale were still at Cape Mays when we went so I have been worried it may not be as fun without them, but we will be going anyway on our next trip because it is a must do for us.

But if I had to pick one or the other...... I think I would pick Ohana. It was nice having a sit down family style for a change over a buffet and the food was just delicious, the character interaction was fantastic. Not that Cape May's isn't any of those things, the food was delicious there too, great atmosphere and not as loud and busy feeling as some of the others, its more laid back.

Tough choice, you won't go wrong with either, Ohana would be more convenient for where you are staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter