OK....checking in late?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
another post about checking in early got me thinking.....

we will be checking in far after the 1pm check in time. Should we call them earlier in the day (from the road) and give them a time estimate as to when we will be arriving. I don't want them to think we are not showing up and give our site to someone else and then have to scramble to find a spot for us when we finally come rolling in at around 7 or 8 in the evening.

- lori

If you paid your deposit, the site is yours. Don't worry about them giving it away, they certainly will hold it for a 7 or 8 pm check in. I don't think calling from the road is going to make much difference, but I guess you can if it will give you some peace of mind.

:D

No problem. One time we checked in at midnight. We let them know we were coming in late and they said we had paid for the site and it would be ready for us when we got there. When we did arrive we went inside to check in, as outside check in was closed.

The campsite sure was dark! It's hard to back into a site just using a flashlight. The backup lights just didn't do it.

We almost always check in late, we just call on the road and remind them not to forget about us!:D It's never been a problem, we just have to use the inside desk since the drive up is closed in the evening.

So now I'm wondering - what is the latest anybody has checked in? Carol has a 1 am which beats anything I could do. I have a lot of respect for someone who can back in an RV at this hour at FW. Hey - you weren't the ones pulling in in that diesel rig last November at 1 am in the 1900 loop that woke me up, were you?;)

Carol has us beat too! the latest we have checked into FW is about 10 pm. :D And I don't want to go through that again! I was standing out in the dark with a flashlight while my husband yelled at me from the drivers seat.:rolleyes: :D

Actually, I didn't have a rig, just a tent. The only thing that might have woke anybody was my air mattress pump about 2:30 am on December 11th, loop 1500 ;-). But then the Disney bus that drove by about that time was probably louder.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter