OK, I'll say it... we are too sensitive

Are you saying Thurmond wasn't a racist???? LOL

You comparing me to Strom Thurmond is essentially calling me a racist, which proves my point. That IS offensive, you have no idea what I do or go through everyday. You are prejudging me, which is actually what you're accusing me of by extension. There's a bit of irony for you.

I'm not Strom Thurmond.
Oh wait... I see your point now. I don't know your heart but I find it difficult to call anybody an out-and-out racist based on limited interaction over a message board. I can say that Strom Thurmond wouldn't run a clinic to help sick minorities.

But then again, I also don't consider him having sex with a 16 year old maid as "interacting in a meaningful way".

Last edited:

I believe that the PP was saying that doing good for/being nice to African Americans isn't mutually exclusive from being racist. Many people see this as another way to prove themselves "better than".

Last edited:
My patients would find the insinuation that I was the least bit racist absolutely hilarious.

I believe that the PP was saying that doing good for/being nice to African Americans isn't mutually exclusive from being racist. Many people see this as another way to prove themselves "better" than.

Thank you.

Funny how my comment about teachers and administrators was ignored.

Just for clarity and to help out dim bulbs like me, the U.S. Capitol building is the large, domed structure that holds the chambers of Congress -- who are charged with the decision making regarding how capital is expended.

Yes, I was actually thrown for several minutes trying to understand what was being discussed.

Yes I did, original quote $170,000, which means $200,00.00 in New Orleans. 200 K would buy a lot of hypertension meds for my patients...or school books, or 2 police officers salaries for a year, etc. etc. etc.
The $170,000 was going to be paid by donations. There is nothing to suggest those donators would have paid for your patients hypertension meds with their $170,000. It wasn’t supposed to be city money.

What we know for sure is this money won't be will it?

Here's the what I find amusing, people throw around the term racist so freely these days. I've been called a racist on this very thread. I have 2 clinics one in the worst areas of West Jackson MS the other in the Delta. Most people that have made comments here wouldn't even dare to go into the areas I drive every single day. 95% of my pts are black, 95% of the staff is black. I have devoted the last 30 years of my life helping the poorest of the poor. I could have made a lot more money practicing elsewhere. I consider these folks my friends as well, I know what they want and need because I actually talk to them. I have pts that can't afford an $8.00 copay for a medication that they really need. Before folks start speaking for others I suggest they actually talk to them.
I think you just pulled a “I’m not racist. One of my best friends is black”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter