ok- I'm back what have I missed?

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Such a draining week at preschool, the director was away for six days so I have had to wear two hats,,, AND instead of teaching only two days I had to do five (six actually if you count the other last week) SO I have not had a great deal of time to check up on the board.. (minor crisis with a child may have to call in intervention but that is a whole other story) so what have I missed?? It snowed in the start of the week but was actually 65 today!! yipee is spring finally here ? So fill me in folks I am back :)

Ohh, not too much - I found a stray dog last week - dirty, matted, smelly - cleaned it up and tried to find the owner - no luck. Went to vet spent $178.00 - owner showed up wanted US to pay for the dog since he said he "just bought" her and wanted to sell her. Balked when we said the vet said dog was in very bad condition and 6-8 years old - he claimed dog was a year old and healthy?! Turned out to be a scumbag puppy farmer and after trying to reason with him, he became violent and told Tom to keep the dog. Ended up with police report, etc., etc. Go figure.

Dog now is ours - named "Annie" and has been hospitalized at the vet clinic with Parvo since Thursday. Should end up costing me somewhere near a grand for this "free" little dog - which is actually a purebred parti pomeranian. Parti referring to the black and white coloration on her fur. No guarantee that the little thing will survive, but vet is giving it his best shot. She weighs in at 5 lbs.

I guess there is no guarantee when being a good samaritan that there is no personal cost involved!!!!!!!

So is that enough to keep you going or do you want me to go on about the prejudice woman we met at a store (me, Mom and Michael) - amazing how people will spend money to have dark skin but don't want to be born with it and treat those who are with such contempt. I hate prejudice people!!!!

Don't be gone so long next time, Ann - or we might have to do something drastic to you! (Like steal a kit!!!)

Rae

amazing how people will spend money to have dark skin

Rae - you mean some woman wanted to PAY you for sex?... Geez I was thinking more in the way of dinner and a movie first - just call me Mr. Romantic! lol...

What was the lady in the store doing?
The kitts are growing fast and out and about alot now that the weather is nice.

BD - my ideal man is Keith Hamilton Cobb, formerly of "All My Children" and now on "Andromeda" - any questions?!!!!!!!!

Ann - This could be a really long story but I'll Reader's Digest it - two white boys were screwing around with a stereo (scratching the record to make that noise, turning volume upand down, changing speeds, etc.) NO ONE said a word to them!!! So I had picked up a kitchen timer ($1.00) and told Michael that we could use it for when he practices his piano - he asked how it worked. I showed him. Then I let him try it. I turned my back and he put it down and went over to the piano. He said, "Mom, middle C!" and hit the note. The woman came out like she was on fire, grabbed the timer and gave Michael a dirty look.
That's when I realized what she was about. I went to where she was and asked about the timer. That's when she (this old leather skinned woman) told me that Michael was hitting the piano keys and playing with the timer and he could break it. I told her that he played piano and I had been testing the timer because he could use it when he practiced. She insisted that he was going to break it and that's why she took it from him. So, in my best stage voice (loud and New York aggressive) I went after her talking about her being prejudice because those two boys were NEVER corrected and the stereo was worth more than the $1.00 timer we were testing. She insisted that they were told to leave it alone and I informed her that I had been in the store for a while and was not deaf! Anyway, I told her that it was a racial issue because Michael is black (actually he calls himself "beige tan") and those boys were white.
Mom came running over and she did her best "angry eyes" while I ranted on and on. One of the other employees came over and said, "We aren't prejudice here. I have one black friend."

Well, at least she can count.

Michael learned his first lesson in racial profiling and how tough it is going to be for a mixed race child in a society that screams "don't abort" but hasn't a clue about what happens to these children if they aren't. I always said I was strong enough to raise my adopted children to understand that prejudice comes from fear and ignorance, but there are always stupid people in the world who can't be taught and have no racial tolerance.

Again, they want to look dark (tanning booths, sun) but don't want to be born dark!!! Seeing as how I believe that God made us all and our differences make us unique - sometimes here in Indiana, I feel like it's a losing battle.

Rae

((((((((((((((Rae))))))))))))))))

One of the other employees came over and said, "We aren't prejudice here. I have one black friend."

lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol...

sometimes here in Indiana, I feel like it's a losing battle.

Rae - the KKK had its origins in the southeast Indiana/southwest Ohio/northwest Kentucky region. I tend to believe that racism in that part of the country is genetic...

my ideal man is Keith Hamilton Cobb, formerly of "All My Children" and now on "Andromeda" - any questions?!!!!!!!!

Of course I have a question - rhetorical though it may be! What makes you think I'm NOT as appealing as this Keith guy? To quote a line from Ule Brenner in The Magnificent Seven (speaking to the Mexican townspeople), "You could at least have given us the benefit of the doubt!"...

Again, they want to look dark (tanning booths, sun) but don't want to be born dark!!! Seeing as how I believe that God made us all and our differences make us unique - sometimes here in Indiana, I feel like it's a losing battle.

Rae519 ~ Sad, but true :(

So sorry you and Michael were exposed to such ignorance.
In spite of our difference in skin color, I believe God gave us all the same color soul and blood. We have worked very hard teaching our children and grands God created us all equal.
What we do with our gift is our choice.

I was in a similar situation recently at a store. A black family was waiting in line to ck out and their little boy excitingly starting playing with the ball his Mom was about to purchase. The cashier (white) went off like it was major crime, embarrassing them. My heart went out to them and it upset me so much, I defended him and told the cashier she was out of order. The Mom was so upset, she put the ball back and left :(

God Bless you, keep the faith and hang in there ^i^
God has something special in store for you :)

BD - if you are 6'4", about 210, with LONG dread locks and ebony black skin (that's Keith!!) then we might be able to talk - but as of now, I have only one husband and only one dream man!!! I don't think I can handle anymore!!! Even in a fantasy!!!

And yes, the KKK still has rally's here in Indiana. They had one in Peru and the towns people really showed them they were unwanted. Only 4 KKK were there and no one in the street where they were talking - and I mean, NO ONE!!! Everyone ignored them. I was so proud of Peru that day!!!
But other rally's are kicking and it's more than sad, it's pathetic!!

4nana - Good for you to defend the child!! It's amazing how much prejudice we can see when we open our eyes and look for it. Too many just hide and say, "ohh, that's not really prejudice." One thing I have found out from having a white birthchild and two adopted biracial children - the white kids can do most anything and it's no big deal, but let two black kids stand on a street corner and talk and it's a "riot"! SHEESH! I don't care to have confrontations with people but I will not let anyone wreck the self-esteem in my child!
Thank you again for defending that mother and child. None of our children are "angels" but certainly we can look past color and see the reality of the situation.

Rae

Quote from Rae....
BD - if you are 6'4", about 210, with LONG dread locks and ebony black skin (that's Keith!!) then we might be able to talk - but as of now, I have only one husband and only one dream man!!! I don't think I can handle anymore!!! Even in a fantasy!!!

A-ha Rae now we have you figured out......;)

Quote from Rae....

If only he came to your door with a HUGE basket of shrimp and DCL documents.....

BD,

If Rae doesn't want you, I'm sure that there are lots of others who'll take you. Heck, I'll form the line. Anybody who can make me laugh as hard as you do can't be all bad. If you're interested in a nerdy teacher from California, I'm right here.

AH HAH! Now we are cooking with gas, folks! Let's start the DIS Board Matchmaker Thread!!!!

I'm all for it!!!

Ann, you had me figured out several pm's ago....silly girl! I'm your long lost twin sister!!!!!!

Rae

Thank you, winddancer!

I'm sure that there are lots of others who'll take you.

Oh yes, I've been "taken" several times. Once I was even returned...

Anybody who can make me laugh as hard as you do can't be all bad.

Wanna bet? lol.

If you're interested in a nerdy teacher from California, I'm right here.

Teachers deserve greater recognition, increased monetary appreciation and a well-deserved "thank you." I don't think I'd want to inflict myself on any poor unsuspecting female teacher, but if you ever make it to New York let me know in advance and I'll arrange for a (hopefully) intriguing day in the city...

BD, are you still under warranty?

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
AH HAH! Now we are cooking with gas, folks! Let's start the DIS Board Matchmaker Thread!!!!

I'm all for it!!!

Ann, you had me figured out several pm's ago....silly girl! I'm your long lost twin sister!!!!!!

Rae

:teeth:

DIS Board Matchmaker Thread......hmm.....
Might make a girl reconsider the sabbatical & come out and take a look....Okay, single mom with nearly grown daughters, hardworking massage therapist with alternative ideas and passion for all things Disney (one of the many mysteries of her life), strong hands, warm heart....
Dawn Hope

You know I said that as a joke but after thinking about it - we Disney People have more fun, are more tolerant and "alive" than most others. The idea of a "singles" matchmaking thread does sound fun.....but not for us "old, happily married" folks!!!

BD - I'm laughing but I think that's a visual I'd rather not dwell on!!!!

Rae

Hey disneygal58!

hardworking massage therapist with alternative ideas

There are many lines that would work here, but this is a family web site. Ok, I've toned it down considerably: I've never been accused of having "mainstream" ideas either... lol.

Rae...

I'm laughing but I think that's a visual I'd rather not dwell on!!!!

I don't blame you! (Besides, it's probably accurate... ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter