Ok, planning question. I need help!

StephStanley

Mouseketeer
Ok, as planned, we have OKW studio for Dec 5-9.

We are going to leave after school on the 3rd (friday) and drive part way and stop before South of the Border on Friday night. Then continue on Saturday and head to Orlando.

Should we do Daytona/Nascar USA on that Saturday/early sunday then head to check in at OKW Sunday afternoon? The 5th.

Or should we get a disney area hotel for that night and find something to do.

We have 5 day parkhoppers and were planning on skipping one day in the parks to do the Christmas party.

So, I dont really want to rush through it all, I think we'll need to take a break one day w/the little kids (6,6,4)

How many days should we plan on staying? Is 5 days and one night at Disney ok?

We were planning on going friday the 3rd (first day of parks on 5th) and driving home on Sunday the 12th.

Should I extend for a few days?
We probably wont be able to stay onsite, will we be totally disappointed if we stay offsite somewhere?

How would you do it?

With little kids, you won't be able to do it all without killing someome, the kids or yourselves. Who wants vacation memories of Mom and Dad yelling at each other or the kids? I would definitely try to take a break in the afternoon, even if it's in the parks somewhere.

Isn't OKW onsite? I would try to get another hotel in Disney, to fill out your vacation time, because it's more convenient to have their transportation available, if you want to use it. Also, the afternoon nap/break would be more convenient.

I agree about the break day, for you, as well as the kids. You can sleep in, do laundry, maybe even watch some TV. (Disney Channel, of course!) :)

Marie

Is the Nascar USA that important to you that you would want to fit it in? If so, then do it and check in to OKW on the 5th as planned. You could always do Downtown Disney that afternoon/evening, or Hoop De Doo. That would give you Monday-Saturday for the parks and the Christmas party. I think that should be sufficient to hit all the highlights, even with a break in the afternoon.

We were just there this month and we hit the parks at opening, then took a break around 12:00-3:00, then back to the parks for dinner and fireworks, or whatever. That worked well for us most days.

If Nascar isn't a "must-do" then you could always try the All Stars on Saturday night. You should be able to get two connecting rooms fairly reasonably. You could then "move up" your first-day plans and have an extra day to play with later on in your stay. There really is quite a bit to do even without going into the parks. If it's warm enough, you may want to go to a water park for a few hours, or you could play mini golf, or just enjoy the resort.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time, we did!

Nascar is definetely a must do. Even if it means saving a day of our passes for another trip.. Dale Jr won the Daytona 500 and I have to see the car! Its an obsession! lol.

I called last night and booked Coronado Springs. So, we will be at OKW on the 5,6,7,8,9, checkout on 10, and C springs on the nights of the 10, 11, 12, coming home on the 13th.

We will leave on the 3rd,
go part way, stay overnight.
Arrive in Daytona on the 4th, do the daytona thing.
probably stay the night of the 4th in Daytona.
Checkin at OKW resort on the 5th- hang at the hotel, explore, whatever.

6th- park
7- park
8- pirate cruise in Am and MVMCP at night
9- park
10 day off doing whatever
11 park
12 park.
13 come home.

sound reasonable? Of course, they are totally flexible and will have to be bumped depending on what days the party/cruise are on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter