Ok you guys...its on, the LIVE Nicki and Todd..Summer edition!

We checked in without a hitch, waited 5 minutes and were seated directly in front of the fountain...I was staring at this gorgeous thing all night.

MKnightSat004.jpg

And believe it or not NO ONE came up to take pictures of or in front of the fountain, it was a very nice table, half booth half chairs.

Yes that is a gorgeous fountain. I have a picture of my two kids standing in front of the fountain, the pic sits on my desk. :lovestruc

Your reviews are great thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

Just an FYI -- your description of the muffaletto as Italian hoagie type food is right on target...I looked up the history of that sandwich & it's actually a hot sandwich that was created by Italian immigrant street vendors in New Orleans.

Have to mention as a native New Orleanian, the sandwich POFQ serves as a muffuletta isn't close to the original, however it is good in its own right! The beignets are another story, we thought they were a poor imitation.:sad2:

:rotfl2: tastes like a baby aspirin!! :rotfl2: OF COURSE IT DOES!! I just havent put the 2 together!! :rotfl2:

Have a great day tomorrow!!

It sure does, that is the only flavor I can relate it to!

Loving your reports! Tony's looks really good...we just booked a bonus October trip and I think I'd love it for MNSSHP night.

I am really enjoying checking in to see what you were up to during the day. It truly is like a little mini vacation for us. Have a wonderful Saturday!

I am so happy my review is giving you a mini vaca...Oct cannot come fast enough huh! Tony's is a great idea for MNSSHP!

I wasworrying a bit about my ADR at Tony's after some of the reviews as it's my DH Birthday dinner, but your review has put me at ease!! :thanks:

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Holy Capers Batman!:rotfl: Otherwise, everything looks great. I haven't been to Tony's since 2002. we had a bad experience, and haven't wanted to go back. We may have to give it another go. Hope you have another wonderful day, and can't wait to read more!popcorn::

That wasnt the half of it, as I dug under the pasta to get to the broth there was a scazillion more capers...it was CAPER OVERKILL!

Oh man, Tony's looked good! And what a great spot to sit in!

Those gummy pops were adorable....I am definitely going to have to pick some up for DD when we go next....the girl's never met a gummy she didn't like!

It was a perfect seat :thumbsup2 We would up buying the gummy pops for the nieces, $3 a pop!

Hi there!

This is so great of you to do this LIVE. WOW!!!!:worship:

I am just joining in on the fun. I loved those caramel apples, soooooo good! I appreciate the reviews on Tony's. I think I may want to now try it for October.:thumbsup2

Would you mind if we PM'd when you get back???? I see that you live in Naples and DH and I are thinking of taking our 20th anniversary trip there.:)

Thanks for reading! Glad you are enjoying the reviews, we have got to get a candy apple before we leave, they are great! Absolutely email me, I will help you out with Naples and dining of course!

I'm checking in late, but I'm caught up and ready to go!!

We are planning to do CG for our anniversary dinner in October. Looking forward to it more and more! Those storm clouds look pretty nasty.

We were there a few weeks ago and it rained the entire time, buckets of rain to the point that I was actually happy to go home! :eek: That NEVER happens!!

Anxious to see your review of SAI. It was always my DH's must do on our first night. After our last time there, he too crossed it off the list. I was thinking the lunch menu might be more to our liking.

Better late than never! We are planning on going back to Cali Grill in Oct as well....We had lunch at SAI in Oct and it was great!

Nikki I love it when you go on vacation, you have the best reviews!!!!

Thanks babe! I do it all for you guys ha ha

Nik - Y'all have to go to Scat Cat's and check out Elliot Dyson, he's amazing!:thumbsup2

Is that the sax player? We sat and listened to him the first night we arrived...he was great!

Hi Nicki! I just found your live report last night and now I'm all caught up. I love reading your trip reports you've helped me decide on restaurants on our past trips and for some future ones whenever that will be, I also gave some of your recommendations to a friend of mine who is going in August for free dining and has never done TS. You are so lucky to be able to take so many trips to Disney, it's nice to read about all your experiences at the different resorts and eateries and I love all your great pics! I hope you're having a great day and the weather is nice! Linda :)

I am so glad my reviews and pictures help...I have so much fun writing them!

Loving the reviews so far! Can't wait to hear all about San Angel Inn as we are trying it for the first time in early August.

I think you need to join in the "Nicki is switching ressies drinking game" that KatMark started...cuz you need a drink!

glad to hear tony's was good:goodvibes we're trying it for the first time im september:woohoo:

Hope you like it! Get the calamari!

Yup, always late for something...that's me! LOL! HEY GIRLFRIEND!!!!:flower3: I wouldn't miss your food reviews for anything! Looking forward to planning out the trip in Oct... thanks to your assistance!

I DO NOT like capers... which is one reason I don't like puttanesca sauce on my pasta...BLECK!!! There looks like a lot of chicken on there! The calamari looks YUMMO!!! What is the olive topping like? I would rather have HOT peppers topping the yummy rings o'goodness! (need a smilie that's rubbing it's belly! :lmao:)

I would rather a cap. float instead of baby aspirin swirl. (and will have one in Oct!!!!!!!!)

Patiently waiting for more reviews :surfweb: (this is literally me at the moment! W/my tea! lol!)

Glad you are here babe! The olive topping has green olives and onions and garlic and it is minced very fine and delish!

Loving your reviews, pics & opinions, Nicki! Sounds like you've picked some winners this time.

So glad you're enjoying POFQ -- we love staying at the deluxes, but for the money & a really relaxing place just can't beat POFQ. And you're ordering the same stuff we get at the food court! The muffalettos, taco salads and breakfast foods are favorites of ours, too. Just an FYI -- your description of the muffaletto as Italian hoagie type food is right on target...I looked up the history of that sandwich & it's actually a hot sandwich that was created by Italian immigrant street vendors in New Orleans.

The homemade milk shakes at POFQ are very good -- DD had the vanilla bean, her BFF had the chocolate...they also had the mint chip once too.

I have been following your review too and you are giving me great ideas! That milkshake sounds so good, too much food and too little time to eat it all...we check out tomorrow and go to the Swan for the next 4 days.

Yes that is a gorgeous fountain. I have a picture of my two kids standing in front of the fountain, the pic sits on my desk. :lovestruc

Your reviews are great thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

I love to share my reviews, thanks for reading them!

Have to mention as a native New Orleanian, the sandwich POFQ serves as a muffuletta isn't close to the original, however it is good in its own right! The beignets are another story, we thought they were a poor imitation.:sad2:

You know what, I do not understand the hype on the beignets...they taste like fried dough which is good but I could not eat them all the time....maybe I need to come visit you for real ones and chickory coffee!

Hi everyone! We woke up early this morning, around 8am and went to the food court for breakfast. I told DH that I wanted a bagel and fruit and that was it! He said he was going to get just oatmeal and a cinnamon bun...YA RIGHT

I did get a plain bagel, it was very large and good...they gave me 2 cream cheese and that was plenty. They also had cinnamon raisin bagels.

EpcotSaturday001.jpg

The fruit was the same as before, very fresh, cold and sweet...I love it!

EpcotSaturday005.jpg

OJ for DH, the cinnamon buns are consistantly great, soft, lots of cinnamon, warm and ooey gooey good!

EpcotSaturday004.jpg

EpcotSaturday003.jpg

And of course his oatmeal

EpcotSaturday002.jpg

Hold the phone...that isnt oatmeal? See what happens when you let men off the leash? He had the egg, cheese and bacon croissant except he doesnt like croissants...so he had the bagel and left me the croissant..yup he put the eggs, bacon and cheese on my cream cheese bagel and loved it...the croissant was not as greasy as yesterday, it was nice and soft...and I wasnt that hungry anyways so I didnt complain...too much ;)

After breakfast we went to the pool until 11:30 and then a storm came through and we went back to the room to shower and get ready for our Epcot day. While I love SFW CS I could not eat lunch there for a third day...know what I mean??

Epcot was quiet busy today..it was a very overcast day but so far it has not rained anymore. We went to get our Soarin FP's and decided on lunch at Sunshine Seasons...have not dined here in many years so we thought what the heck...here are a few menu pics, sorry they are fuzzy

EpcotSaturday008.jpg

EpcotSaturday010.jpg

EpcotSaturday011.jpg

EpcotSaturday012.jpg

EpcotSaturday015.jpg

EpcotSaturday014.jpg

EpcotSaturday013.jpg

EpcotSaturday016.jpg

EpcotSaturday018.jpg

EpcotSaturday017.jpg

Todd decided on the Asian selection, he had white rice, peppered steak, spicy chicken and lo mein noodles. The steak was tender, the chicken dark meat and he ate it (NO WAY FOR ME) but the veggies it came with were very good, the noodles were tender and very garlicky which I love.

EpcotSaturday020.jpg

There is a little section with side salads and such so he got 2 boiled eggs...ick! I cannot eat eggs this way but he loves them

EpcotSaturday019.jpg

I had the veggie cuban and it was awesome, why have I not had this before? There was a portabello mushroom, eggplant, zucchini, onions and roasted red peppers with mustard and pickles, provolone cheese served hot...we both loved it and the portion is huge. All the veggies are roasted and very tender, the bread rocks! I would get this again and again!

EpcotSaturday022.jpg

EpcotSaturday024.jpg

We shared a strawberry shortcake and it was very light and creamy and not too sweet and cold and perfect for just a little something.

EpcotSaturday021.jpg

DH had an energy drink but I stuck to water

EpcotSaturday023.jpg

So happy we decided to eat here! We grabbed our FP for Soarin and out we went!

When we made our way to the countries I knew I had to get a Peach Snap from the Joy of Tea stand in China...here is a pic of the menu

EpcotSaturday007.jpg

EpcotSaturday009.jpg

It is not as bright a color as it used to be but the flavor is the same and that is the most important thing! Nice and cold, sweet but not too sweet....delish! If you like peach you will love this drink!

EpcotSaturday025.jpg

And to go with our drink DH had to get a pretzel from USA...he loves pretzel can ya tell? Nice and hot, not too salty, crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside

EpcotSaturday030.jpg

EpcotSaturday031.jpg

EpcotSaturday032.jpg

Marsha had posted a pic on the alcohol thread about a drink called the Welsh Dragon from England...so I had to try one. We went into the jam packed pub and it was a mad house, lots of guys in there yelling and carrying on but I got my drink! It comes in a signature big plastic cup too. It is made with Midori, Peach Schnapps, OJ, Pineapple Juice and Creme de Menthe. HOLY MOLY this drink is insane! We loved it! Cannot wait to get it again!

EpcotSaturday033.jpg

Sometime during all this we made it to Mexico to look at the dinner menu...surprise surprise it is not the one that is on the DIS site but the one that is on allears is correct and neither one of us wanted anything on the menu...so guess what? We cancelled it! The only thing open for dinner was Nine Dragons and that meant we had to cancel our ressie for ND tomorrow night but I got 50'S Prime Time instead and then I cancelled Beirgarten and booked Blue Zoo for Monday night...so thats three drinks you guys get to down! :rotfl:

Now I had issues with Nine Dragons since DH had Asian food for lucnh but he loves that kind of food and he said it would be fine with him.

So...I know you guys are dying to find out how the food was...well the food was DISGUSTING! There is a reason this place was wide open for any ressie time, any day, there is a reason the enire restaurant was empty at 6pm...the food is GROSS! :scared1: There is no way that we will ever set foot in here again, I would rather starve than eat here again. Ok so let me explain why.

I told DH that he can order for us, he loves this kind of food and I am happy to eat whatever he gets because it is usually pretty good. We love Pei Wei's and PF Changs so I figured we would be fine.

I had the iced chai tea, very good, very strong. DH had a pot of hot tea.

EpcotSaturday046.jpg

EpcotSaturday055.jpg

DH ordered the Treasure of the Dragon and selected the pork dumplings and spring rolls, the chicken soup with dumplings, General Tso's chicken and the banana cheesecake egg roll. He also ordered chicken and shrimp egg rolls and fried rice for me.

The dumplings tasted like dish water, the spring rolls tasted like rotten garbage...bad cabbage I guess. The egg rolls were the nastiest thing we have ever been served at WDW ever...I mean totally nasty gross smelly awful blech! They were dark meat chicken, red and green pepper and one teeny shrimp at the very bottom of the egg roll.

EpcotSaturday052.jpg

EpcotSaturday047.jpg

The soup was a joke, stick a few boullion cubes in hot water and throw in some nasty dumplings, that was inedible as well

EpcotSaturday039.jpg

We could not eat this crap...the waiter noticed and asked if we wanted something else, we said no just please remove it from the table as the smell was making me sick. I wanted to leave but DH said the entrees must be better....uh no I dont think so.

The fried rice was horrid, tasted terrible, dark meat chicken all over it, three overcooked shrimp and too much gross ham. DH dumped soy sauce in it but that made this nightmare worse. The table next to us was going to order it and I whispered to them "Run, save yourself!"

EpcotSaturday050.jpg

The General Tso's chicken was a disaster, not spicy, super thick and sticky sauce, dried out white rice, the chicken was white meat (about time) but the batter was too thick and clumpy and just terrible. The little dumplings had ground up chicken in them, we cut it open and just pushed it to the edge of the plate.

EpcotSaturday049.jpg

Again the waiter came by and noticed we did not eat anything, I was so upset that if I spoke I would have cried so DH said the food was not good and he asked if we wanted something else and we said no....he did bring out the banana cheesecake dessert and that was AWESOME! Very creamy and tasty and delicious...wish they had that at the CS stand.

EpcotSaturday057.jpg

The restaurant erased the entire bill...we did leave $20 for the drinks and dessert and tip...I felt bad leaving nothing but I felt worse that we ate there. We wonder if we kept our SAI ressie would we have been happier?

Great updates and pictures Nicki!

Lunch and drinks look yummy!

Sorry about Nine Dragons. :sad2: I was hoping you would go to SAI, I hear so many mixed reviews on it I am afraid to try it! :confused3 I know the kids won't eat anything there, but DH & I are looking for somewhere to go to dinner alone in the Epcot/Boardwalk area when they go to the Kids Club at the BC. The kids love LeCellier & Big River, so those are out for our alone dinner!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :cool1:

Hey Bren, here is the latest dinner menu for Tutto Italia

EpcotSaturday026.jpg

EpcotSaturday027.jpg

EpcotSaturday028.jpg

EpcotSaturday029.jpg

Now I had issues with Nine Dragons since DH had Asian food for lucnh but he loves that kind of food and he said it would be fine with him.

Let me show you the menus that I took for Nine Dragons

EpcotSaturday034.jpg

EpcotSaturday035.jpg

EpcotSaturday037.jpg

EpcotSaturday042.jpg

EpcotSaturday043.jpg

EpcotSaturday040.jpg

EpcotSaturday041.jpg

EpcotSaturday048.jpg

EpcotSaturday044.jpg

EpcotSaturday045.jpg

So...I know you guys are dying to find out how the food was...well the food was DISGUSTING! There is a reason this place was wide open for any ressie time, any day, there is a reason the enire restaurant was empty at 6pm...the food is GROSS! :scared1: There is no way that we will ever set foot in here again, I would rather starve than eat here again. Ok so let me explain why.

I told DH that he can order for us, he loves this kind of food and I am happy to eat whatever he gets because it is usually pretty good. We love Pei Wei's and PF Changs so I figured we would be fine.

I had the iced chai tea, very good, very strong. DH had a pot of hot tea.

EpcotSaturday046.jpg

EpcotSaturday055.jpg

DH ordered the Treasure of the Dragon and selected the pork dumplings and spring rolls, the chicken soup with dumplings, General Tso's chicken and the banana cheesecake egg roll. He also ordered chicken and shrimp egg rolls and fried rice for me.

The dumplings tasted like dish water, the spring rolls tasted like rotten garbage...bad cabbage I guess. The egg rolls were the nastiest thing we have ever been served at WDW ever...I mean totally nasty gross smelly awful blech! They were dark meat chicken, red and green pepper and one teeny shrimp at the very bottom of the egg roll.

EpcotSaturday052.jpg

EpcotSaturday047.jpg

The soup was a joke, stick a few boullion cubes in hot water and throw in some nasty dumplings, that was inedible as well

EpcotSaturday039.jpg

We could not eat this crap...the waiter noticed and asked if we wanted something else, we said no just please remove it from the table as the smell was making me sick. I wanted to leave but DH said the entrees must be better....uh no I dont think so.

The fried rice was horrid, tasted terrible, dark meat chicken all over it, three overcooked shrimp and too much gross ham. DH dumped soy sauce in it but that made this nightmare worse. The table next to us was going to order it and I whispered to them "Run, save yourself!"

EpcotSaturday050.jpg

The General Tso's chicken was a disaster, not spicy, super thick and sticky sauce, dried out white rice, the chicken was white meat (about time) but the batter was too thick and clumpy and just terrible. The little dumplings had ground up chicken in them, we cut it open and just pushed it to the edge of the plate.

EpcotSaturday049.jpg

Again the waiter came by and noticed we did not eat anything, I was so upset that if I spoke I would have cried so DH said the food was not good and he asked if we wanted something else and we said no....he did bring out the banana cheesecake dessert and that was AWESOME! Very creamy and tasty and delicious...wish they had that at the CS stand.

EpcotSaturday057.jpg

The restaurant erased the entire bill...we did leave $20 for the drinks and dessert and tip...I felt bad leaving nothing but I felt worse that we ate there. We wonder if we kept our SAI ressie would we have been happier?

Aw, Nic. You just aren't having a lot of luck on this trip with sit down meals, are you? I'm so sorry. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Nine Dragons has never been on our radar--and now I'm glad it hasn't been.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:OMG!!!!!! So sorry about your dinner. I was considering Nine Dragons as I love this type of food, but not anymore. Thanks for the reviews. Hope the rest of your trip is better.:goodvibes

OH NO! I am so sorry to hear about Nine Dragons! We had planned to try lunch there in December but I am definitely rethinking that plan now! We didn't enjoy SAI at all last trip but I am thinking it may have been better than your ND experience. Yuck!

Thank you so much Nicki, my dear. :hug: And I'm sorry about the fiasco at Nine Dragons ... go get yourself something good at the French Bakery and have some of that pink sparkly stuff to wash it down - that'll make you feel better! :goodvibes

Sorry about the meal. That review made RR look good.:rotfl2:

Glad I dont have Nine Dragons booked for August, cause you know I'd be on the phone changing it right now. :lmao:

Are you going to get to try Marrakesh this trip? I really need your review on that place.

First, I want that cup from Rose and Crown! Second, I hate you had another dinner fiasco. At least, this time management comped your meal instead of ignoring the problem. Here's hoping for a better dinner tomorrow!

awww - I say you are taking one for the team! :thumbsup2

You are being adventurous, trying new things - (so I dont have to!! :rotfl2:) Well just know, I appreciate it!! So when dh says "why arent we eating at 9 Dragons?" I can safely say "because Niki took one for the team - trust them!"
:thumbsup2

and if you go back and get another one of those Rose and Crown Spectacular - let them know you are spreading the word, they are going to be popular (and can I have it without the cough syrup-um I mean Creme de Menthe?)

Aw, Nic. You just aren't having a lot of luck on this trip with sit down meals, are you? I'm so sorry. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Nine Dragons has never been on our radar--and now I'm glad it hasn't been.

We are not having the best luck for TS...DH mentioned that he would prefer TS breakfast and lunch for Oct of just do all signature TS for dinners since they are the best and we have not had any issues with them...personally I would rather do just CS!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:OMG!!!!!! So sorry about your dinner. I was considering Nine Dragons as I love this type of food, but not anymore. Thanks for the reviews. Hope the rest of your trip is better.:goodvibes

Do yourself the favor and find another place!

OH NO! I am so sorry to hear about Nine Dragons! We had planned to try lunch there in December but I am definitely rethinking that plan now! We didn't enjoy SAI at all last trip but I am thinking it may have been better than your ND experience. Yuck!

We were going to try it for lunch in Oct but did it this time instead, omigod it was terrible and Todd is deathly sick right now, he ate most of the food too....

Thank you so much Nicki, my dear. :hug: And I'm sorry about the fiasco at Nine Dragons ... go get yourself something good at the French Bakery and have some of that pink sparkly stuff to wash it down - that'll make you feel better! :goodvibes

So happy to help with the menu, it looks great doesnt it! I think the France bakery is a great idea, have to get there on Monday!

Sorry about the meal. That review made RR look good.:rotfl2:

Glad I dont have Nine Dragons booked for August, cause you know I'd be on the phone changing it right now. :lmao:

Are you going to get to try Marrakesh this trip? I really need your review on that place.

I wanted to do Marrakesh but DH said no so maybe in Oct? I just cannot handle another bad meal!

Oh my god ... :rotfl2: I said the same thing to Jay about five minutes ago! I'm getting that cup this fall! :lmao:

Great minds, Jamie ... great minds! :hug:

I plan on getting matching ones on this trip! It is a nice thick plastic cup...need to make refills at home!

OMG, that dinner even looked bad! It was nice that they erased the bill.

I was very glad they did too!

awww - I say you are taking one for the team! :thumbsup2

You are being adventurous, trying new things - (so I dont have to!! :rotfl2:) Well just know, I appreciate it!! So when dh says "why arent we eating at 9 Dragons?" I can safely say "because Niki took one for the team - trust them!"
:thumbsup2

and if you go back and get another one of those Rose and Crown Spectacular - let them know you are spreading the word, they are going to be popular (and can I have it without the cough syrup-um I mean Creme de Menthe?)

We have been wanting to try all the restaurants but we are hitting a huge road block and it is making us rethink all of our Oct plans...the bad is just BAD! It is so funny you are saying I am taking it for the team, DH said something similar the other night :lmao: But seriously we wanted to try these places, we did and some new ones are great and other are not so much! Live and learn right?

I swear you cannot taste the Creme de Menthe that much, it has a nice little tang to the drink but not heavy on the mint....got to get another one of those little suckers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter