Okw Bus Update Please

Scott H

<font color=red>First to Magically cross from King
Not to bring up one of the most discussed topics.....But, we are heading to the OKW home in about 8 weeks and I was wondering if the new system was up and running and if so how it was working.

Thanks

I was wondering too! We heard bus on demand was working well, but nothing lately. We don't go until January, but it would be nice to know what is happening.

On our last visit in Sept, the "on-demand" system seemed to be working very well. At OKW in the morning, there was a CM (from Conch Flats) asking and entering the destination of everyone at the HH bus stop into a handheld computer. I'm not sure that any buses were actually called into service as a result(looked like more of a survey to me), but we never had more than a 15 minute wait for a bus. There were no dispatchers at any of the other OKW bus stops.

At the parks, the buses seemed to have a prescribed schedule, which also was quite manageable. The fact that there have been few comments/complaints lately may actually be a good sign and a statement unto itself.

Enjoy!

Thanks Much for the update, as you say no news is good news.

... I'm curious if the bus situation was good due to the new system or because the crowds have been very low.

I suspect a bit of both. As we usually travel during slower times, I have always found the buses to be adequate, but on our last 2 trips, buses have definitely been a little better than adequate under the "demand" system.

They are truly trying to improve the system and are working diligently to accomplish that task, but Diseny does realize that the bus system has a limit as to how many more it can handle.

With 2 more resorts coming online in the next year year (Pop Century and BCV), plus the recent addition of AKL to the mix, the current system is certainly being stressed and stretched to it's limit. Disney continues to look at monorail or light rail expansion to significantly improve guest transport.

Any further bus expansion will test the roadway congestion limits, something which the system truly doesn't need. Something definitely has to change for the future.

Stay Tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter