OKW first time

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
We just book two nights at OKW in a 1 bedroom, it our first time at the resort. We will be staying there prior to our stay at VB and then a cruise.

I have done a lot of reading up on the resort. Rooms were not available by HH, so should I bother requesting a certain building. We will have a car.

I think I would like a villa that has the two doors into the bathroom. I believe I read that would be buildings #30 and up.

Any suggestion on must do's while there. I am contemplating booking OKW for our 1 night before flying home after our cruise too.

Any advise for first time visit?
:dance3:

Enjoy the extra room! As for requesting a certain building, if you are a pool person I'd request a building close to Turtle Pond. Good pool and a nice snack bar to visit. We enjoy the rooms that have a golf course view. It's nice to be able to sit on the balcony and watch the golfers during the day. Great way to relax. Have a great time!

I like the Turtle Pond area, too. But I prefer to be closer to the Turtle Pond bus stop, but also convenient to the pool area. I like buildings 30 to 35.

Thanks for the building advise.

We will not be going to the parks, so bus stop does not matter.

What are must do's at the resort?

Or what makes OKW special.

Thanks...:cheer2:

There is shuffleboard and a snack bar that has pre-packeged foods at the Turtle Pond pool. Some adult beverages are also available there.

The boat to Downtown Disney docks behind the main check-in area for the resort, but there is also bus transportation to/from DtD. There are also tennis courts in the Turtle Pond area.

There is shuffleboard and a snack bar that has pre-packeged foods at the Turtle Pond pool. Some adult beverages are also available there.

The boat to Downtown Disney docks behind the main check-in area for the resort, but there is also bus transportation to/from DtD. There are also tennis courts in the Turtle Pond area.

Thanks for the info....looking forward to a boat ride to DTD.
:thumbsup2

We loved the pool activities at the main OKW pool, especially the family treasure hunt. Breakfast and dinner at Olivia's were great. We also weren't doing parks, but we did take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the Boardwalk area to walk around. It was convenient being in the Old Turtle Pond area so the walk to the HH area wasn't bad at all. We just walked there to get the bus and then got off at our bus stop on the way back. We were in a 1bdrm in bldg 35 and thought it was perfect!

We loved the pool activities at the main OKW pool, especially the family treasure hunt. Breakfast and dinner at Olivia's were great. We also weren't doing parks, but we did take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the Boardwalk area to walk around. It was convenient being in the Old Turtle Pond area so the walk to the HH area wasn't bad at all. We just walked there to get the bus and then got off at our bus stop on the way back. We were in a 1bdrm in bldg 35 and thought it was perfect!

Thanks for your input.....I think I will request that area. I am planning to eat at Olivia's.

Always exciting to try a new DVC Resort and with this trip we get to try 2.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter