OKW is awful - never stay there again.

DVCconvert said:
Is that due to some "old folks" problem? or something else???? :teeth:

yes, being slower than molasses, and not having any bell services and all that stuff. Why, by the time I got unpacked, it was time to pack up , recharge the batteries on the scooter and start heading for home again.

Good ones!! oldivias and the slide rule!

DVCConvert - thanks for the pic - -- - also loved elderlybay

JackDiznee said:
RweTHEREyet,

If you are in unit 5612, could you look on top of the fridge for a cane and some denture powder. I think I left them there while I was working on the kitchen counter figuring times and distances for the drive home. On a slide rule, of course.

no denture powder in my villa, but there were some hearing aid batteries in the drawer. Anyone miss those yet? We were in 5625.

And in case I have not mentioned it already, our room was in excellent shape. Not an issue one. There were even 3-way bulbs in the bedroom lamps, which I don't remember before.

It occurs to me that the light house is there to offer assistance to those of us who have "oldtimers" disease. It helps us remember where we are when we get "home" after a long day in the parks.

Saw this on another thread. Just wanted to make sure everyone here saw it.

As someone who stayed at South Point on his last two visits and plans to stay again next spring, I think you should at least warn people about all the gators that roam freely in this section of the resort.

And staying on the upper levels will not protect you. Reports of pole vaulting gators have been circulating.

If you plan on using the outdoor balcony, bring head gear like bike or batting helmets to protect you from the errant golf balls peppering the units on South Point. Although you can always use the balls to throw at attacking gators.

manning said:
As someone who stayed at South Point on his last two visits and plans to stay again next spring, I think you should at least warn people about all the gators that roam freely in this section of the resort.

And staying on the upper levels will not protect you. Reports of pole vaulting gators have been circulating.

If you plan on using the outdoor balcony, bring head gear like bike or batting helmets to protect you from the errant golf balls peppering the units on South Point. Although you can always use the balls to throw at attacking gators.

Agreed. And bring ponchos!! You know how many guys on the golf courses take a whiz anywhere and anytime they want!!!!

And the number one reason to stay away from OKW:

greenban likes it and considers it his 'home'

-Tony

have you mentioned the soundproofing yet?
another reason to avoid OKW...
i mean, the soundproofing is so good, you can't hear what your neighbors are doing.....
how rude of disney to take away this past-time of mine...

Laurajean1014 said:
Recently, the main OKW pool had to be drained .......

Guess somebody forgot their Depends. Those accidents are known by the Cast Members as AFR's, (Accidental Fecal Release).

RweTHEREyet said:
Guess somebody forgot their Depends. Those accidents are known by the Cast Members as AFR's, (Accidental Fecal Release).

high5.gif
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

From what I hear, the General Store, sells out of Depends quite frequently......

Laurajean1014 said:
From what I hear, the General Store, sells out of Depends quite frequently......

I also learned on this trip that Depends is the No. 1 selling item at the General Store.

RweTHEREyet said:
I also learned on this trip that Depends is the No. 1 selling item at the General Store.

They sell more Depends than Geritol or Metamucil or even Fixadent???

DVCconvert said:
Agreed. And bring ponchos!! You know how many guys on the golf courses take a whiz anywhere and anytime they want!!!!

Is that what they mean when they say, "A room with a view????"

Good news. I heard that they're going to have some special order Depends available soon. They'll have the OKW logo on them. :cool1:

So at $0.39 each, according to my calculations using my trusty slide rule, a gross of Depends will run $56.2

Caskbill said:
Good news. I heard that they're going to have some special order Depends available soon. They'll have the OKW logo on them. :cool1:

So at $0.39 each, according to my calculations using my trusty slide rule, a gross of Depends will run $56.2

Are they going to get the ones that are.....depend..able. We do want to avoid the "out of the pool" routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter