OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

So, in 46, did you walk to the Turtle pond bus stop or the South Point?

It depended upon where we were going and the timing of the busses. South Point was a bit closer, or sometimes we would just walk to the HH and catch the bus as that was the last stop in the resort to go to the parks.

I am looking for a grocery that is close to OKW that would allow us to order before time and pick up at the store? Any suggestions?

I think WalMart and Publix both have that service. For grocery delivery, I've had good luck with Amazon Prime Now (different app from regular Amazon Prime).

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

We are staying in a studio for the first time in December. Do you know when all of the room reservations will be completed? Also, does anyone have a picture of a newly refurbished studio?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

We are staying in a studio for the first time in December. Do you know when all of the room reservations will be completed? Also, does anyone have a picture of a newly refurbished studio?

Thank you!

All the renovations should be completed by then. They may only have another month or two left.

We are going May 19,2019 from what I can research it looks like all the resort should be done with the refurbishment, does anyone know if that is accurate?
Also can anyone let me know if the new couch that folds out to a bed is an improvement/ more comfortable than its previous version.

Thanks everyone!

We are going May 19,2019 from what I can research it looks like all the resort should be done with the refurbishment, does anyone know if that is accurate?
Also can anyone let me know if the new couch that folds out to a bed is an improvement/ more comfortable than its previous version.

Thanks everyone!
I doubt the new sleeper sofa will be any better. The twin sleeper chair isn't too bad, though.

Good to hear, I sure hope so! Our adult kids are sleeping on it,when they were little kids I didn’t think too much of it but now they are adults and I know I’m picky about my bed. Last time my oldest said she could feel the bar that went thru the middle. I’m guessing it was getting pretty worn,so glad they have updated.Hoping it is better!

Thanks everyone!
Yes it should be done. OKW studios have 2 queen beds, and the 1 and 2 bedrooms will not have the fold down Murphy bed, just another sleeper sofa. There is a window in the way.

Have they changed to wall mounted soaps in the handicapped bedrooms at OKW. When we were there last fall the talk was they were not going to. For the shower area.

Have they changed to wall mounted soaps in the handicapped bedrooms at OKW. When we were there last fall the talk was they were not going to. For the shower area.

This question is well-timed. I just read that it is suggested that wall-mounted liquid soap in showers be installed for the elderly. The reason given is that a major cause of falls in the shower is from people dropping the soap (or hand held liquid soap container) and trying to lean down to pick it up. Reading that gave me a different perspective on wall-mounted soap-perhaps OKW might be doing this in HA units.

Hi guys,

We will be at OKW the first week of October. It will be a trip of firsts for us. First DVC stay as members, first time at OKW, and the first time in about 15 years that we will travel to Disney with both of our adult kids. I have a few questions about OKW that I hope you guys don't mind answering!

1. We will be 4 adults in a 2 bedroom lock off. Don't mind walking a bit to stuff, but would like to have a water view if at all possible. Can you guys suggest a good building?

2. On that note, what is the best way to submit a room request and when do you do it?

3. Do most of you staying at OKW cook breakfast, lunch, etc? I am not much for cooking on vacation, but with the kitchen I thought I would at least have some breakfast staples and snacks. Do you guys utilize the restaurants on site for any of your meals? I know they do not have a food court, but is there a good place for a quick bite and if you are not staying near HH how are you getting there (walk or bus). I have read that Olivia's is good, but not sure how quick that would be.

Sorry for so many questions, trying to get my ADR's in today and looking at logistics of getting around the resort. Our big meals are usually during lunch and with Food & Wine during our stay I am sure we will be doing a lot of that as well.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
We love OKW and are staying there in August. The only meal we cook at a DVC is breakfast. We get up early enough to enjoy our coffee, cook breakfast, start dishwasher and leave for the day. Olivia's is great, but never done it for breakfast, as being a sit down restaurant, wouldn't be quick. I believe you can make your bldg. location anytime, though some call again closer to check in.

Hi guys,

We will be at OKW the first week of October. It will be a trip of firsts for us. First DVC stay as members, first time at OKW, and the first time in about 15 years that we will travel to Disney with both of our adult kids. I have a few questions about OKW that I hope you guys don't mind answering!

1. We will be 4 adults in a 2 bedroom lock off. Don't mind walking a bit to stuff, but would like to have a water view if at all possible. Can you guys suggest a good building?

2. On that note, what is the best way to submit a room request and when do you do it?

3. Do most of you staying at OKW cook breakfast, lunch, etc? I am not much for cooking on vacation, but with the kitchen I thought I would at least have some breakfast staples and snacks. Do you guys utilize the restaurants on site for any of your meals? I know they do not have a food court, but is there a good place for a quick bite and if you are not staying near HH how are you getting there (walk or bus). I have read that Olivia's is good, but not sure how quick that would be.

Sorry for so many questions, trying to get my ADR's in today and looking at logistics of getting around the resort. Our big meals are usually during lunch and with Food & Wine during our stay I am sure we will be doing a lot of that as well.

Thank you!!

1> It depends upon the type of water view you want. 45. 46 and 55 have view, some limited, of the canal to Disney Springs. Building 35 has a nice view of a pond/fountain.

2> Room request are best made by calling Member Services. If you do online check-in do NOT use any of those requests, as they will over ride what Member Service has put in.

3> Generally, I have breakfast in the room, cereal, coffee, fruit and so forth...occasionally I'll make eggs. I also keep sandwich items in the fridge in case of bad weather of just coming back early. Lunch is usually table service in a park or Disney Springs. Olivia's at OKW is an excellent casual table service restaurant, but service is somewhat relaxed...noit super fast. The quick service offerings at Goods to Go are pretty limited to burgers, sandwiches, soup, salad. SOmetimes we take the boat to Disney Springs and eat at Earl of Sandwich for a lighter meal.

4> The farthest building from HH is about 2/3 of a mile, or the equivalent of 1/2 way around world showcase. I do take a bus if I'm near the South Point stop, otherwise I walk it. BUt you can hop on any park bus, they will stop at HH before exiting the resort. To get back, walk across the bridge from HH to the peninsular road stop, and again hop on any park bus. There is an internal bus, that also serves Disney SPrings and Typhoon Lagoon, taking a park bus is usually faster.

Spending my 30th birthday in WDW at OKW with my husband! We rented DVC points, but we have standard view and not near HH. If I could go back, I would have rented near the HH in that category. If I am in the standard category (studio), what would my next best buildings be to still be as near the HH as possible? Walking isn't an issue for us (we live in NYC and walking a few miles in a day isn't out of the norm for us) but since it's a short trip, I would like to be a little closer to the main bus stop and pool to maximize time a bit more.

Welcoming any suggestions so I can at least make the request!

Spending my 30th birthday in WDW at OKW with my husband! We rented DVC points, but we have standard view and not near HH. If I could go back, I would have rented near the HH in that category. If I am in the standard category (studio), what would my next best buildings be to still be as near the HH as possible? Walking isn't an issue for us (we live in NYC and walking a few miles in a day isn't out of the norm for us) but since it's a short trip, I would like to be a little closer to the main bus stop and pool to maximize time a bit more.

Welcoming any suggestions so I can at least make the request!
Building 15, 16, 62, 63, 64, 27, 28 or 29 will be the closest non-HH building to HH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter