OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if there is an OKW lovers thread?:goodvibes

I wanted to thank Caskbill for the beautiful panoramic pics I saw.:thumbsup2

Palm trees,, front porches,,sauna, castle slide....
come on OKW lovers
and I;ve only seen pictures:goodvibes
one week to go before I get to see everything in person--so excited.

We stayed at our new home this past January. Simply beautiful. We love OKW. Our 2BR villa was fabulous, still can't get over how large it is. My house doesn't have that much room. You will have a great time at OKW. We can't wait to go back.:goodvibes

Oh I forgot close to DTD and the boat ride there is beautiful.,,,
Hmmmmmm
beautiful greenery....
hot tubs,,
bright colorful rooms,,,
;)

My trip will be a decision making one
Me==== OKW
kids --want VWL

just trying to convince them--they've seen alot of info and pics on VWL so I was hopeful I could find an OKW lovers thread or start one:goodvibes

Large gorgeous villas with rattan chairs to sit and read a few books on.
Beautfiul ceiling fans, blowing the night breeze
Lovely night views of the glowing lighthouse,,,
sipping a cup of tea on the patio............
can you guess who's winning here:lmao:

cool boat rentals and fun surrey bikes,,,

Olivas---Olivias-----Mmmmmm

absolutely beautiful sunsets over the waterway.....
great transportation to parks.....

friendly CM that really care :goodvibes :goodvibes

ok ok I'll leave it up to you ,,,,to convince them ,,

but the points are great toooo and

the avalibility seems terrificpopcorn::

stay tuned for the Mel . vs the sons ,

And for my closing remarks for the evening
I hear the Gurggling (sp) Suitcase has the best bartenders in WDW
;)

Hey Kids - listen up - Old Key West is a BLAST - the rooms are bigger than at Wilderness Lodge so you can make a bigger mess! As a matter of fact, it's a larger resort than the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge which gives you more room to run wild and wreak havoc!

Besides, ANY resort at Disney is a GREAT resort - you're going to have a TERRIFIC time, you'll see! You're going to DISNEYWORLD and even staying at a DISNEY HOTEL - you're the LUCKIEST KIDS IN THE WORLD!

Now be good or I'll send the "scary clown" from the Boardwalk Villas after you!

Best wishes,
Dave

Boy, those OKW lovers and owners sure aren't jumping on this bandwagon. I know they are out there.....but they are such a mature, laid back group, apparently, that they aren't jumping to gush about how much they love the place.

Well, I'll say that I love Old Key West. It is so pretty there. Much as I and DH and our boys love our "homes", there is something about OKW that really calls to me personally.

My advice to you, bababear, is to change that "?" to a "!" in the thread title. Hopefully some of the Old Key Westies will join in. They also may not want to increase the hype on their resort cause they don't want to create a "run on the bank," so to speak.

Here are a couple of photos to get things rolling. :) Cause who can resist photos, I ask you!

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

These are the tiles in the women's changing room near the pool. A weird thing to photograph, I'll grant you. But I was in there alone, and these tiles are SO amazing. I wonder if they have the same tiles in the men's. :rolleyes1
IMG_4344.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhh :hug:

now that just made all the tension in me melt...

thanks so much for the beautiful pictures

...............Disney at it's finest,,dreaming of OKW

time to post OKW lovers !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I can't believe I don't have any pictures! Give me a "Sultry Seahorse" from the Gurgling Suitcase to sip while I sit on the deck by the pool. Or sitting on that huge porch outside our villa drinking morning coffee.

the first disney vacation. club.. been ther since 94. love it so much . got married there. was great .. been there at least 15 times. love the gurgling suitcase., had many a good times there. met so many good people, happy people.. on vaca how could u not be happy.. got married there in a grand villa.. just got divorced, so im looking to do it again,,yah .! have fun ther . u will love it . believe me....dave

I found a large assortment of pictures on the web site Mouse Planet (Brian Bennett)

Papa's Den looks so warm and inviting. He speaks of a strong "nautical theme "
being present in the resort.

I thought the quiet pools would be alot smaller than they obviously are.

Just the photos this Canadian needs after digging out of a snow storm.

Dave --me too--- first trip as an adult was with Ex DH ,,,beautiful memories but now time to make new memories:)

Wow those pictures by corinnak are beautiful! I just love the place to bits. I love the fact that it can be at full occupancy and still seem empty and I love the natural beauty all around me. Apart from always granting myself a 1 bedroom in my favourite building, I can't think of anything I'd want to change :)

I have stayed at OKW, WVL and BCV and the one thing I noticed about OKW(after staying at the other places first) is because it is more a DVC resort rather than a combo resort, the vacationing people seem more friendly. I have had a nice conversation with a lady in the whirlpool and another with a fellow I ran into a couple different times. I like that the staff seems to be more in tune with saying "welcome home" silly I know but I like it. I like the matt they had in front of my door.
For your kids they will enjoy the community hall . I personally like OKW slide the best, it was smooth and just a pleasant ride.
I agree with others you hardly realize there are other folks living there, and that porch in the AM and watching the golfers and workers is just great while eating breakfast

However, I suggest to all non OKW folks, please buy at SSR or one of the other resorts..really you will enjoy it more and so will I :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter