OKW - Room Already Occupied

Jerestel, they are run by PEOPLE. All people make a mistake now and then. I assume you too have made an occational error.

dianeschlicht said:
Jerestel, they are run by PEOPLE. All people make a mistake now and then. I assume you too have made an occational error.

Absolutely I have made the "occational" error and then some! But not the same one over and over again. Rather than make excuses, I guess I'd rather see someone investigate and FIX the system that allows this to happen.

It would seem that if the CMs computer wouldn't allow them to assign the same room twice, then the front desk people wouldn't be able to make the mistake. I was simply asking someone who claims to work at a hotel to explain how this happens, that's all. Not to insinuate that people don't make errors, but attempting to better understand the system.

jarestel said:
Absolutely I have made the "occational" error and then some! But not the same one over and over again. Rather than make excuses, I guess I'd rather see someone investigate and FIX the system that allows this to happen.

It would seem that if the CMs computer wouldn't allow them to assign the same room twice, then the front desk people wouldn't be able to make the mistake. I was simply asking someone who claims to work at a hotel to explain how this happens, that's all. Not to insinuate that people don't make errors, but attempting to better understand the system.
Has this happened to you more than one trip? The time it happened to us (our first DVC trip), it was abviously the fault of the guest and not the front desk. I have never had it happen again in more than 20 trips, so I guess I don't consider it a common thing.

dianeschlicht said:
Has this happened to you more than one trip? The time it happened to us (our first DVC trip), it was abviously the fault of the guest and not the front desk. I have never had it happen again in more than 20 trips, so I guess I don't consider it a common thing.

Never happened to me at all. And I'd like to keep it that way, hence my somewhat stern stance on this issue.

These stories will make me change my habits of leaving valuables out in the room when we are out. If we don't have HK that day, I've always been pretty lax about using the safe for jewelry and other "good stuff". :rolleyes:

It sounds like these type of events can occur occasionally and we should be using our room safes for protection. Thank you for sharing your story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter