OKW size / walking distance

Mimi151

Earning My Ears
I’m interested in knowing the actual size of the resort besides “it is giant.” What is the furthest walk time for an able adult to hospitality? Also, (unrelated to the subject but if possible it could be answered here as well 😃) are you able to walk to Saratoga Springs from OKW and if so how far is that? Thanks for any insight on the resort you can provide!

OKW is our favorite resort but we always get a Room which is close to hospitality house so it’s right across the street. I’d say yiu could walk as far as 5 to 6 blocks (maybe a little farther) if you were in the farthest rooms. There are two other pools closer to the rooms thst are farther away from the big pool. There is an internal bus thst will take you around the resort but I don’t know how often it runs, I suppose you could walk to Saratoga springs but you would have to walk on the busy road several blocks. The better option is to take the boat to Disney springs and then it’s a short walk to Saratoga springs.

You can walk from OKW to SSR. There is a pathway along the golf course. You can't walk it at night though, it's not lighted. I believe it starts behind Turtle Pond. I'm not 100% sure though as I walked it from SSR to OKW, but I know it came out near a pool area, and not the main pool. It took me about 20 minutes.

As for how long to walk within OKW, not sure. We stayed near HH and took the internal bus a couple of times to Turtle Pond Pool since it opened earlier than the main pool.

Just to confirm a couple things already said - if you were as far away from HH as possible, which is probably South Point, it would be 1/3rd to 0.4 of a mile to walk to the HH. I've also done that very nice walk between OKW and SSR/Disney Springs in the morning. Once you get to the path out the southern end of OKW, the path is signed to get you to and from SSR/DS. It's only open from dawn to dusk. If you're interested, ask the cast member when you check in for a map to show you where to get the path.

It's been awhile since I have stayed at OKW but we always walked to Disney Springs and passed SSR on the way. It's a great walk and a bonus that you can take a bus back if you over shopped (or drank) ;) I think the walk to DS was like 30 minutes so SSR would be a bit shorter. There is a map with distance out there somewhere as I remember looking it up.

In the early years of the resort, it was very common to get a lift from Mousekeeping or maintenance folks on golf carts. They often offered lifts if they saw someone walking. It doesn’t appear to be as common now in my experience.

I’d say it is about a 12-15 minute walk from Turtle Pond Road to the HH.

You can walk from OKW to SSR. There is a pathway along the golf course. You can't walk it at night though, it's not lighted. I believe it starts behind Turtle Pond. I'm not 100% sure though as I walked it from SSR to OKW, but I know it came out near a pool area, and not the main pool. It took me about 20 minutes.

As for how long to walk within OKW, not sure. We stayed near HH and took the internal bus a couple of times to Turtle Pond Pool since it opened earlier than the main pool.

The path to SSR starts just past the rotary that's past the pool by Building 54 (There may be another by Turtle Pond, but I remember this one was marked). If you head towards South Point from the main area, turn left just before the South Point bus stop, follow straight to the end, you'll find the path.

The path to SSR starts just past the rotary that's past the pool by Building 54 (There may be another by Turtle Pond, but I remember this one was marked). If you head towards South Point from the main area, turn left just before the South Point bus stop, follow straight to the end, you'll find the path.
There is only one. No path from Turtle Pond to SSR/DS.

The pathway from OKW, starting right at the path's beginning by Building 54, is 1 mile to be standing right at Cirque Du Soleil's building and House of Blues.

The longest walks from within OKW to Hospitality House would be Building 54 to HH - which is just under 1/2 mile, or the farthest buildings in Old Turtle Pond loops which would be just over 1/2 mile.

There is an internal bus for anyone not wanting to walk within OKW, and there is a boat from HH to Disney Springs if not interested in walking, or if only wanting to walk one way then boat back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter