OKW visitors - this may help!

Bexx

DIS Veteran
I've heard quite a bit about how bad the frying pans at OKW are, as they aren't non-stick. As I really don't want to lug a frying pan over to Florida in my suitcase, I thought wouldn't it be great to find something with which to line the bottom of the pan to make it non-stick?! Yeah right!!

Then browsing through the marvellous Lakeland Limited catalogue - | found it!! It's called "Magic non-stick liner" (a name that gets right to the point) and four different size ready cut circles costs £9. Quite pricey, but apparently it lasts for years.

Thought you might be interested!

Becky

Do Lakeland say it's suitable for frying? If it's the same kind of material as I had from Lakeland a few years ago, then I'm not sure it would be suitable for lining a frying pan.

The stuff I have (sorry, don't know what it was called) is great for lining cake tins / baking trays, but I wouldn't use it for direct heat like you'd get when frying on a hob.

Sorry to sound so negative :( I hope I'm proved wrong! On a more positive note, the liner I have has lasted for years without deteriorating at all :)

It says on the packet that it's suitable for low fat frying, using a medium heat and it's suppose to be heat resistant to 260C. Whether it's as good as it claims we shall see - though most things I've bought from Lakeland have worked. I'll probably be trying it when we go away soon, so I'll let you know!

Becky

Oh, that does sound good, then!

(If I intended to do any cooking whilst we're away I'd certainly give it a try! ;) )

We don't intend to do too much - but we just love pancakes and maple syrup!!

Becky

Hhi Becky
We are staying now at OKW, (and have stayed here 4 times before ) until I saw your post I had never even thought of looking for the frying pan but I thought I could help so I have spent a good 5 minutes looking in all the cupboards (we have a two bedroom) and guess what I couldn't find it , nor is it on the inventory list... lots of other pans no frying pan. My DW thought I'd gone mad looking for a frying pan, I usually use the coffee maker and thats about it;)
I did however see an ad on TV here last night for PAM - its for making your pans nonstick and showed how they cooked pancakes after spraying the stuff on.
hope this helps

Hi hunty

I appreciate you spending some of your precious holiday time looking for a fying pan!! Maybe they have removed them because they were so useless!! It was just that I read quite a few posts from other people complaining about them, so I wanted to be prepared.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Becky

if you use oill or lard it will not stick i am a humble male of the species and knew that
paulh

We spent five nights in a GV at OKW the week before last and I'm 99% sure there was a frying pan.

I thought all the full kitchens had much the same equipment - it wouldn't just be the GVs that have frying pans, would it?

We spent five nights in a GV at OKW the week before last and I'm 99% sure there was a frying pan.

LOL Hilary, you obviously need to do a bit more research in a GV, just to be certain. :teeth:

At the risk of being really boring going on about frying pans - but just to clarify, I did ask a while back on the US board if they were standard in all the villas at OKW, and apparently they should be. So we can enjoy that big breakfast fry up before hitting those coasters. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter