• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG-I may never leave my resort!

I must be in the minority here.....I do not like these machines! We have them in some fast food places, movie theaters, etc around here. I feel like no matter what drink you choose, it has a weird taste. I think it's from all the different flavors coming out of the same spout? I hope these machines aren't all over WDW. However, I don't drink soda too often anyway.

They aren't everywhere - just specific locations. Most of the restaurants in the parks still have the regular soda machines as do a lot of the resorts.

Our local Wendys, Moes and Firehouse Subs all have them. I was watching them open the machine once at Wendy's and it looked like it was packed with little cartridges with all the different flavors.

If you are having your drinks "corrupted" by the previous pour, pick water and run it for a second to clear out any lingering syrup.

And like others have said, Coke Zero cherry is the best!

OMG-I can finally get caffeine free diet Coke? The CM in the AKL gift shop insisted that "There's no such thing as Coke without Caffeine". Did someone say their at the YC? In the QS there? What about BC Marketplace?
YC has 2 of the freestyle machines. (One of the main screen options is "caffeine free," so u can see many choices in addition to CF Diet Coke. I had Powerade Zero raspberry just now.) They do not have these machines at BC marketplace - just the regular soda machines. (At BC: No CF Diet Coke or CF Coke Zero. Only caffeine free choices are light lemonade and something with three berry flavors. I don't think the latter is low calorie. And water of course.)

I must be in the minority here.....I do not like these machines! We have them in some fast food places, movie theaters, etc around here. I feel like no matter what drink you choose, it has a weird taste. I think it's from all the different flavors coming out of the same spout? I hope these machines aren't all over WDW. However, I don't drink soda too often anyway.

you're not, there are huge facebook groups that are united against these, as the mixture is different than a normal fountain coke, its slower, if one item is out, it affects the others, and the chemistry is different....

You're not alone. I think the drinks taste off too. And people take forever making up their minds and figuring out how the machines works which causes longer lines.

Ugh, I hate those things with a passion I reserve only for them. On the plus side, it helps me drink less soda when I am somewhere that has one! I'm also a consumer I would imagine the places that have those machines hate. I run the machine a little bit before I start to fill my cup. It seems to help a little with the weird taste (a little bit anyway), kind of like flushing the lines. Wasteful, I know, but no worse than the people who pour a little, try it, dump it, pour a different flavor, try it, dump it, pour another.... All while everyone waits behind them. I hate the entire thing.

Ugh, I hate those things with a passion I reserve only for them. On the plus side, it helps me drink less soda when I am somewhere that has one! I'm also a consumer I would imagine the places that have those machines hate. I run the machine a little bit before I start to fill my cup. It seems to help a little with the weird taste (a little bit anyway), kind of like flushing the lines. Wasteful, I know, but no worse than the people who pour a little, try it, dump it, pour a different flavor, try it, dump it, pour another.... All while everyone waits behind them. I hate the entire thing.

I do the same thing!! Run it for a little bit before putting into my cup! Not sure if it helps much but in my mind I hope it does. You're right in that it helps me drink less! Lol!

I guess we have had them in our area for a long time now that I was just a bit shocked that people were getting excited about them:) I much prefer these machines over the old dispensers and I know our DDs do. Also, since they have been around here so long, there is rarely a wait, except for the kid that wants a squirt of all the flavors:(

Just found out exactly what a Coke Freestyle machine is...How can I waste time in the parks with all those flavours to try?
Seriously, we are stopping at POFQ, so anyone who has availed themselves of their products, please tell me:
1. Do they really have all those flavours on the machine?
2. How many machines are there and how long are the lines?
3. DH wants to know if they still do the bottles of Minute Maid juice? We can't get it easily in the UK and he loves the apple juice especially! (my rationale is "Why would you want MM juice when you could have Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, or , OMG even better-GRAPE FANTA? " Guess what else we can't get in the UK...)
POFQ has four freestyle machines. If there was a line, it was never longer than one person in front of us.

OMG-I can finally get caffeine free diet Coke? The CM in the AKL gift shop insisted that "There's no such thing as Coke without Caffeine". Did someone say their at the YC? In the QS there? What about BC Marketplace?

They sell caffeine free diet Coke in cans and bottles at almost every grocery store near where I live. I prefer vanilla but they do have plain caffeine free, too. I think they even have it without it being diet but I'm not sure because I don't like sugary pop either. I love it! I hate lemon-lime flavored pop and that's usually all I can get that doesn't have caffeine.

OP, they really are pretty cool. As a life-long mixer of drinks and someone who can only do really low/sugar-free, I really appreciate the options. One of my favorite things to do is give a sugar free lemonade a shot of cherry, or flavor water. There's plenty of combos to keep people happy! It's a bit slower than the traditional machines because touchscreens vary in responsiveness, and as mentioned, people tend to take longer deciding.

These are literally all over the US, we take their novelty for granted. :)

Raspberry Sprite is pretty nice! I've only been to one Freestyle machine, at Five Guys in a shopping centre but it was really cool!

There is no Diet Pepsi in the Coke Freestyke machine

If you like flavored soda try out Beaches and Cream. They're cherry coke is made with real syrup. I don't even drink much soda but I love theirs.

And can you get Dr Pepper in the Freestyle machines at Disney?

And can you get Dr Pepper in the Freestyle machines at Disney?

Dr. Pepper is made by Pepsi Cola. So it is not available in the Coke Freestyle machine. Disney has an exclusive contract with Coke. Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew lovers, like me, will have to provide their own beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter