OMG! We PIGGED OUT on Connections Vouchers at Beaches & Cream!!!

pw2pp

DIS Veteran
Just got back.

Family of 4 - Myself, DH, DD (age 13), DS (age 12). We only needed to use 2 vouchers per visit and were absolutely STUFFED!

The waiters and waitresses actually HELP you to get the best deal possible.

With an $11 "quick and Casual" voucher you can get:

1. Prime Rib Sandwich with fries (the waitress will actually ASK you if you want it split up on two different plates).

2. Chicken Caesar Salad or Chili (waitress offered to put it in 2 separate bowls).

3. A SHAKE or MALT is considered your DRINK (again, she offered to split).

4. A dessert (even the KITCHEN SINK if you want - which is a $21.95 dessert).

***** We were way too stuffed to have the kitchen sink, so we got "No Way Jose" or "Banana Split ******
We made sure to give them nice BIG tips for it!
I'm sure we gained weight on this trip. LOL! :D

This sounds great, but call me dumb..what is a connections vouchers and where do you get them????

There is a thread below here that has about 5 pages. I think you may find info on that thread. Otherwise, check mousesavers.com

I agree--there is one waitress who was positively wonderful--she talked us out of using 2 vouchers--said to save one for another time--then she split everything for us and tried to get us to order the kitchen sink! We were stuffed.

I think the wait staff there should be called "Enablers"!

Of course, she got an extra tip besides what the voucher gave her!

When we used our Connections vouchers at Beaches and Cream, our waiter said we could order any side with our sandwich - so we chose onion rings. However, we did not get to order a soup or salad in addition. We had 5 at our table and used 3 vouchers (should've used only 2 in hindsight), and we ordered one kitchen sink and one hot fudge sundae. It was WAY too much food! :D

Kacey:

You must have had the same waitress that we had!
Ours also tried to talk us into the Kitchen Sink, but we knew that all that Ice Cream would just go to waste ..... (or is it "waist"?).

where is beaches and cream? lol i keep hearing about it, but have no idea where it is!thanks!

You can use the Quick and Casual vouchers for either lunch or dinner.

We ate at Beaches and Cream about 7:30 in the evening!

I am so excited about this, i just bought 3 vouchers for me , hubby and my 12 year old son. So i shouldn't use all three, at beaches and cream that is? I have never been here before. I am looking forward to it. I bought some breakfast vouchers also. I bought the Vacation Kingdom lunch one too. I am not too happy with it, so far. Any suggestions for this one. I was going to use it for our Easter dinner at the Liberty Tree, but i wanted the disney characters there, so we are stuck having dinner at 2:40 instead of 4:30 without the characters. I think i am going to talk to my family and my sister's family to use them somewhere else. What would you guys do. I have never used them before.

juicefruit00-

I do not know how much your family eats but we also are a family of 3. Our 11 year old son is a total bottomless pit & my husband is a big dude. We ate at Beaches & Cream at least 4 different times using the vouchers and used only 2 per visit. We ALWAYS had too much food. ALWAYS :)

You can literally order with 2 vouchers: 2 Double Cheeseburgers (comes with fries) 2 sides (we never ordered these, didn't need it) 2 milkshakes or 2 sodas and 2 of their really big sundays. Most likely this will be pleanty of food for 3.

Only advise is watch out - it is addicting getting such a *bargain* and you will probably want to go back!! :D

Enjoy!

Deb :smooth:

Please forgive my ignorance here as I am a newbie at this- and you all seem to be seasoned veterans! We are also going on this trip over Easter/Spring break for the first time & am really curious about the vouchers. I have a family of 6 plus my mom who is flying down to meet us there- so 7 people to feed. 3 adults (hubby is a big guy too)- 4 kids ( 9 - 4 - 2 - 9 mos) , guess the baby won't really eat much.....Anyhow- what would you suggest in terms of vouchers for us? Now, I made the mistake of getting a room through priceline to save money , so we are staying off-site @ the Hyatt ( kicking myself now for it). Can we still go to the resorts & stuff for lunch/dinners? Is it going to be a pain? I printed the map just now- (thanks to the person who posted it) and if the vouchers are the way to go, I best get on it. The trip is only 4 weeks away! PLEASE give me any suggestions- I'd love them!

:confused:

Yes, you can eat in any Disney resort restaurant regardless of where you are staying. We are a family of 5 and plan on using vouchers for most of our trip. I figure between the sides(which my girls can have), a cheeseburger(which I will split with my son), and the free dessert I will only have to use 2 vouchers at Beaches and Cream, and pay for 3 extra drinks.

Yes, you can eat in any Disney resort restaurant regardless of where you are staying. We are a family of 5 and plan on using vouchers for most of our trip. I figure between the sides(which my girls can have), a cheeseburger(which I will split with my son), and the free dessert I will only have to use 2 vouchers at Beaches and Cream, and pay for 3 extra drinks.

How far is Beaches n Cream from Epcot? Is it within walking distance (pushing a stroller with baby and walking with 6 year old)?

Thanks,

Cris

Deb,

thanks for your help. Hubby loves to eat also, i would share with my son. I am very happy that all i will need to use is 2 vouchers. That will give us another meal already paid. I am happy i've learned about these voucher, because alot of our meals are already paid for and it makes budgeting much easier.

mousemaniac:

If you exit Epcot thru the International gateway exit (in Great Britain) Beaches and Cream is about a 5 minute walk from there. Should be easy with a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter