On a budget???

Dval00

Earning My Ears
How much would you plan on spending for food for one adult and two teenagers for 7 nights 8 days at WDW???
and would that be with tip included???

WOW, big question, because disney is everthing from fast food to very fancy restaurants......I would go to wdwig.com, Deb's Unofficial sight, and also to the resaurant board here.....For sure, I would have a frig in the room, be willing to take water to the parks, so you aren't buying lots of sodas.....I would look at breakfast and a dinner or two at Ponderosa or golden Corral, especially the breakfast.......Deb's site is really good.....Ted

Two teens? Are they boys or girls or one of each? My DS is 15 and he can out eat all of us. I plan $100 a day. We go during the summer and really the only one who is always hungry is Danny. DD and I live on lettuce and still gain wieght. He and my DH will come home having lost a few LBS I am sure. I may be upping the budget by $25 a day depending on whether I go to the food store for a few in room snackables.

the two teenagers are one of each...i have planned for sure to eat once at crystal palace, beirgarten, and 50's prime time...after that i am going to wing it on counter service etc...

thanks so much for the information..will have a refrig. in the room...staying off site though...

:bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

outside of WDW during your stay will go a long way in saving you a lot of money on meals.

There are many restaurants like Ponderosa and Golden Corral that was mentioned previously. Also, Shoneys, T.G.I.F., IHOP, and Sizzler along with a whole lot of others are nearby. I have found that the buffet style eating is great when wanting to watch the budget also.

While you are down, you can pick up one of the many coupon books because they have many offerings available on all kinds of eating establishments to save money if interested.

Thanks for the post!! I was wondering if their was a lot of buffet style meals around...never been to WDW...this is our first time and want to make the most of it but stay within a budget...wasn't sure on how much money i would need for food during our duration...:jester: :) :jester: :) :jester:

Where are you staying offsite? LBV, I-Drive, or 192? Maybe someone here can give you suggestions for some good restaurants/buffets convenient to your lodging offsite - there are many!!! :D

Onsite, there are buffet meals in MK, Epcot & D-MGM. If your DS likes salty ham or smoked turkey, the turkey legs sold from the carts in some of the parks are enormous and would make for a filling snack/meal, even for him. GF, Poly, Contemp, WL, BC/YC & FWC are Disney resorts that offer all-you-care-to-eat meals for a fixed price. Those are often a better value than Disney park restaurants (especially Trail's End at FWC, a pleasant boat ride from MK). :)

We are going to be staying at the Caribe Royale for 7 nights 8 days...and will have a six day hopper pass...not sure how much I should budget $$ for food/snacks???

buffets $12-20
Ah Buffets!
Chef Mickey's, Character Breakfast and Dinner,
Dinner menu Prime rib,turkey, fish, peel and eat shrimp, large salad bar, great veggie at Contemporary.

Wispering Canyon, family style, bring it to the table... Chicken, flank steak, turkey leg, pork rib. at WL. Non-meat eater can eat fish special like Salmon.

Crystal palace MK Cold and Hot buffet.Outstanding

MGM Holleywood & Vine great salad bar,deserts like red velvet cake, sweet potatoes in root beer sauce, rotissery turkey. Minnie and Goofy in Formal Attire!

Seafood, Clam Bake at Cape May at BC peel and eat shrimp, fish, Clams, mussels, corn on thecob, outstanding ribs, clam chowder.... deserts area about ten feet long with cakes, pies, cobblers, specialty pastries.

GF 1900, Prime rib, fish, strawberry soup

Buffets at Norway and Germany in Epcot.

Spoodles Sunday brunch!

Mediterranean dishes pasta/ brick oven pizza fresh from the oven/ fresh baked breads & pastries/breakfast pan omelet with Mediterranean ingredients/ mimosa or Champaign. great gourmet salads with yellow tomatoes, red/yellow peppers artichokes bagels salmon cream cheese, but the gourmet deserts are outrageous chocolate cheese cakes/blueberry tauts
all serve yourself so you can taste everytingy, lots, Rich coffee.........oatmeal cooked with cinnamon.

Strolling accordion player takes your request and he is a Maestro

I am getting hungry......it is a must for every WDW vacation for us! AH buuuuuuuffeeeeeeeetssssssss!

Been there, done 'em all, I went back in May!
All buffets, Ah buffets!

Inexpensive food at WDW
Cobb salad at rainforest cafe $12 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney. at downtown disney and AK

Cobb salad (orginal recipe) brown derby at MGM $17 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Most of the sit down restaurants on disney, the single portion will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Do lunch at the buffet in norway/Epcot $12 etc. make that the big meal of the day.

You can do it inexpensively by sharing and careful planning of lunches.

All the CM at the restaurant are working people and understand the need for budget!!!!!!

Golden corral on Hwy 192 west about 1/2 mile from Disney exit has great buffet for 8.95 dinner with Prime rib/shrimpgreat bakery/dessert and salad bar.

You will have a great time, too!

Sweet tomatoes near Universal/international drive-Great buffet bar for Salad /soups/pasta and dessert $7.00

For a bunch of printable coupons that can save you money on off-site restaurants in the WDW area, try:

See Orlando Magazine - in addition to dozens of restaurant coupons, the 7th link from the top has a 20% off coupon for Pleasure Island admission, good through 12/31/01!
Orlando Sentinel
Coupons alacarte

see for above
http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html

:o :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :p :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester: ;)

Thanks everyone for the posts!!! Talking about all of this food is making me hungry too...:) I will have to check out mouse savers...haven't been to that site yet..

Thanks again!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter