• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On Board Plans

Crissitwinmomma

Earning My Ears
Paid in full today and went to app to book excursions and on board plans and virtually everything is full. Will they open more spots?? Are there more spots open when you actually get on board? Really frustrated that we can only go on DCL port adventure (due to unvaccinated kids), yet nearly all adventures are already sold out. Cruise is Jan 2-8 :(

For us - First time DCL cruisers - the shore excursion options were fine - on board activities and tastings were slim pickings.

I'm on that cruise, too. A lot of the things being shown as "sold out" are actually not even options for anyone. A lot of us were booked in those things and had them later cancelled because they aren't running yet. So I totally understand your disappointment. I'm impatiently waiting to see if our Cayman day will be replaced with another port (where we'll maybe have some fun excursion options) or a sea day. Hoping for a port.

There are often openings for activities and port adventures once you're on board. Some people will cancel their activities or their cruises. Others will be denied boarding due to illness or a positive Covid-19 test result. And I think they save a few spots for lazy concierge folks, too! When you get on board, head to the appropriate place and see if you can book what you're looking for. There's a desk for port adventures, you can book spa activities at the spa, etc. If you aren't sure where to go for something, then contact guest services with the app and see if they can help you.

No promises, of course. But you might have more options than you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter