? on Cancelling DVC Cruise 14 days before sailing

skippelm

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping someone can help to clarify things for me. DH and I used points and booked a cruise for Oct.7 Magic for our 10th Anniversary. Unfortunately, we are going to cancel because we do not want to fly. We've called DIS and they are not willing to be flexible. The said that it would cost $100 to cax and then $75 to rebook- we have until the end of our use year to rebook (Feb). However, I thought that we could use the points for anything other than a DVC resort- am I wrong? ALso, we borrowed points from next year to use for this years cruise- any way those could just go back to next years points??

HELP!!!

Thank YOu!
SK

If Member Services said no, then you are probably out the points - DCL is pretty specific about no refunds when cancelling with less than 60 days notice; likewise the rule for exchanges like this are very well defined in the membership book - it's really not up to MS; they sold the points that you used and so there's not much they can do.

Sorry to hear that you are reacting to the fear being generated by all of this; our family will be flying to our cruise on the 12th of Oct. Kids and adults both looking forward to the trip.
------------

I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer
Fear is the little death, that brings total obliteration
I shall face my fear, I will permit it to pass over me and through me
and when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see it's path
Where fear has gone there will be nothing, only I remain

--- Bene Geserit litany (Frank Herbert, Dune)

GO!

My family was on three flights last week.

Everything is fine - enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter