On Dining Plan with only 2 ADR with this cause trouble???

wearegoingtoDisney

Mouseketeer
I just spoke with a friend yesterday who is going to Disney over April Vacation for the week. She is on the dining plan. Going with a group of 9 and has only made 2 ADRs becasue they want to "play it by ear".
I never try to blast people with my disney knowledge when they are planning a trip but this time I couldn't resist saying I think you should make a couple more reservations. I tried to act calm but I was thinking :scared1::scared1::scared1:
What are your thoughts? Will they get stuck with not being able to find a TS restraunt that can seat them if they try to do this day by day when they get there? I would hate for them to not be able to use up their TS credits. I pretty sure it will be very busy during April Vacation. Most of the northeast is off from school that week.

I went two years ago during April school vacation week. We had no reservations BUT there were only two of us - my daughter and me. We went to the desk in the morning and they found us an available reservation for the next day. I LOVED doing it that way, but there is NO way I would attempt it with 9 people.

The one thing that MAY help is that I know MA and NH have different weeks. I think many other areas have Easter week and Patriots Day is a Massachusetts and Maine only holiday.

Hopefully they'll do OK.

predicting the future is tuff I would consider a couple things - I think there are only a couple states that have this break, so it's not like she's competing with Free Dining crowds.
that said I would NEVER!!!!! in a million yrs do this w/ a group of 2 or 4 not to mention nine :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
If THEY are VERY flexible then it can work for them I guess, but if they are going to want Chef Miceky's Cinderella's Castle and Le Cellier and then be upset because they have been booked for months you might want to start the let down process now :confused3

DH has an aunt who WORKS @ disney and will never commit to anything and then gets upset when she Walks up to leCellier and wants a table in 20 minutes during Free Dining :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 goes on about how terrible the place is ????

It's called planning - have you been on the dining website just to see if there is any availability for her dates - give it a try and see what comes up?? If she wants high traffic choices, I would STRONGLY suggest she book those now and cancel if she doesnt use them. We are going then also but on the QS plan - and I have already made ALL my ADR's for our Sept Oct trip -
good luck and your a great friend!!
:goodvibes

Easter break, DDP, 9 people & NO (ok, 2) ADR's? Don't know whether to :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: or :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Hope they can trade in some of those TS for CS options... or at least don't mind eating at 9pm.

Let us know if you hear back.

I think they will regret not having enough ADRs. As previously stated not only is it the time of year but their group size. Even if they can "walk up" to some restaurants, chances are they will not be seated together.

Will they have access to a car or will they be relying on Disney Transport? If they have their own car they'll have a better chance since they can drive to other resorts or DTD, quickly. If they do Disney Transport they will be more restricted.

Maybe you could help her out and check during her time frame to see what restaurants have availability? It would be great if she could be there at the computer with you while you look. Might make it sink home faster. :rotfl: She should at least make one "fallback" ADR just in case. Just my opinion.

Thanks for all your responses. I was thinking like all of you but I didn't want to sound too alarmist if I wasn't right. With 9 people she needs more ADRs even if then decide not to use them. It is better to cancel then to be standing there hungry and not have an option.

I will nudge more forcefully and see if I can get her to do a few more.

:scared1:

I would suggest to her she might want to make some more ADRs, that way she can't blame you for not warning her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter