On hold with WDW 3 hours & counting!

TulipMom

Mouseketeer
We are heading to WDW and Universal in early February and are planning to do our first-ever VIP tour! Unfortunately, I've been on hold with the VIP line for 3 hours and counting this morning. Any insight into reasons for such a long phone wait times? Just general staffing issues or is there something special about today that's holding lines up?

Still on hold at 3 hours 40 minutes... at this point I'll be too shocked to even speak when someone answers. 😆

Possibly it's because of the VIP line? I just called them about an hour ago. Wait time was 35 mins and that included the option to call me back. They called back and call including wait time was complete in less than an hour.

I'm guessing it depends on what you're looking to do and how many CMs are working that phone line.

Waited 4 hours 20 minutes and finally got someone on the line. :oops: Of course, didn't give him any grief about the wait, was delighted to speak with him! :)

Still on hold at 3 hours 40 minutes... at this point I'll be too shocked to even speak when someone answers. 😆
Are you talking about the VIP tours that cost many thousands for an 8 hour tour? They don't answer immediately when you call them? What am I missing, I hope you're talking about regular tours for us common folks, a long hold is still pretty poor service but we've come to accept it.

Are you talking about the VIP tours that cost many thousands for an 8 hour tour? They don't answer immediately when you call them? What am I missing, I hope you're talking about regular tours for us common folks, a long hold is still pretty poor service but we've come to accept it.
Yes, I'm talking about VIP tours! I was on hold for over 4 hours to schedule a tour so that I could pay them $500/hour. Craziness!!

I was on for 3 hours yesterday to book a fishing excursion on the extras line. I also was happy to speak with someone when they finally came on and I'm lucky I can work from home and just leave my speaker phone on to wait but eek im sure it's tough for those working

Last edited:

Possibly it's because of the VIP line? I just called them about an hour ago. Wait time was 35 mins and that included the option to call me back. They called back and call including wait time was complete in less than an hour.

I'm guessing it depends on what you're looking to do and how many CMs are working that phone line.

What number are you calling for VIP that you are given a call back option? I have been trying to book a VIP tour and have called at least every week for the last 4 weeks, each time the wait time is longer than the last. I held for 2.5 hours this Monday. At no point was I ever given the option to get a call back. I have been calling 407-560-4033. Lowest hold time was 45 minutes, and that was a month ago.

Separately, I am also appalled that I am trying to give Disney over $4500 for one day’s VIP tour, and they can’t hire enough people to answer the phone to tell me that they are all booked up for over 2.5 hours! We have been doing VIP tours for years, and I have never waited 2 rings of the phone to speak right to someone; this is insane.

We are heading to WDW and Universal in early February and are planning to do our first-ever VIP tour! Unfortunately, I've been on hold with the VIP line for 3 hours and counting this morning. Any insight into reasons for such a long phone wait times? Just general staffing issues or is there something special about today that's holding lines up?
It's been like that for weeks at least. No clue what's going on. It's awful.

65 minutes into my supposed 104 minute hold time, the phone signal cut out. I was calling because my tickets wouldn't link to MDE. Could tech issues with the Genie be affecting times? I think I did an over 2 hour hold for holiday sleigh ride reservations, over 2 hours for Boo Bash tickets...all this fall, wait times have been bad.

65 minutes into my supposed 104 minute hold time, the phone signal cut out. I was calling because my tickets wouldn't link to MDE. Could tech issues with the Genie be affecting times? I think I did an over 2 hour hold for holiday sleigh ride reservations, over 2 hours for Boo Bash tickets...all this fall, wait times have been bad.
No, it’s not genie issues, these phone issues have been going on now for 18 months, basically since Chapek took over. At this point the only conclusion I can draw is that Disney doens’t care, they’re profit-maximizing at all costs and hiring more CS reps or raising salaries enough to attract more people would cost them more money.

I called both Disney VIP and Universal VIP today… Disney first, then Universal. I called at 230 pm, hold was about 45 min for Disney. For Universal…. Shocking, there was NO HOLD! I called for work and put on speaker and just do my work, I was not expected a live human immediately and almost hung up on him.

anyway, Disney did tell me that there are fewer calls on Saturdays, so that’s a better call day unless you are trying to book at 60 days and need to call at 9 am on a precise day, for what it’s worth.

just wish everyone would stop giving them so much business and rewarding their uncaring service attitude, but that's just dreaming, I guess. So glad I haven't given them a dime since 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter