• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On My Way Home…

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
Well, this was a fabulous weekend, things couldn’t have gone any better…except for one small thing (I’m looking at you, Iron Man).

Flight: SWA to LGB. Airfare was about $50 higher each way going into SNA where I usually go so gaveLong Beach a try. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea as it’s very small (like Burbank), very quaint. Only problem I ran into was that I didn’t think to precook Uber coming in and I arrived during premium time so got hit with $100 trip…was only $50 on return this morning and I got my first TESLA ride…so cool.

Hotel: So happy to be back at CCI, staff was great as always, got to an old friend (James, who is now morning shuttle driver). New rooms are great, so modern. Well worth the price. Plus the shuttle worked out well for me.

DL: It finally seems like things are back to the new normal. This is my third trip after Covid and it seemed like the old Disneyland. Lots more food options than a year ago, bathroom maintenance was impeccable compared to a year ago. Every bathroom was clean and well stocked with almost every one I used having a dedicated worker, vastly different from a year ago.

Cast members were back to normal, talking amongst themselves and ignoring guests. 😂. This has always been my experience at DL, for over 30 years. It is a totally different culture from WD, at least that’s been my experience over numerous years. Not complaining,just observing. That said, every time I did have a need to engage with cast member, all were helpful and friendly. Made a new friend whoisone of the character handlers. He was a blast.

CA: Was mopre crowded than usual on Monday as local passes opened up and it was almost end of food festival. People were hitting the food carts hard and heavy. Fortunately, I had such a marvelous night on Sunday with Cap and Loki that I really didn’t mind crowds yesterday. Took a long break in PM and watched two periods of the Rangers game.

This was the best post COVID trip yet, will be going again in July. if you have any ques, I’ll be happy to help you if I can.

About to board but I’m still ona Disney high!

I did not know CA had a food festival, that's awesome!

We usually head to Epcot for the one in November, so we'll have to try CA's out in the coming years.

Only problem I ran into was that I didn’t think to precook Uber coming in and I arrived during premium time so got hit with $100 trip…was only $50 on return this morning and I got my first TESLA ride…so cool.
Holy moly!! I've never had to pay more than ~$30. I don't know if you tried this, but I check both Uber and Lyft when I get there and pick the cheaper one. It's usually Lyft, but not always. What is considered premium time? I usually arrive around 10 am, so I guess it's not that, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter