?? on tips for kids

PlaneJoy

Earning My Ears
I have seen the suggested amounts for tipping for adults but what about kids? We have two DD's, one 6 years old and one 9 months old. The last cruise we went on (not Disney) had guidelines for children but I haven't seen any on Disney.

Also, how many councelors are in the Children's program and Flounders Reef? I would like to bring a little some for them.

Thanks!

-joy

You are supposed to tip the same amount for children as for adults. The staff are assigned a certain number of guests, or rooms. Whether they are filled with adults or children, the staff despends on the tips from the passenger. One line I looked at did suggest half the amount for children....but on Disney, everyone is equal.

I believe there are between 10 to 12 councelors in the childrens club. One thing we found out is they are not allowed to accept money as a tip, so if you would like to get them something other then that....it would be allowed. If that is too many to bring something for....pick out the ones that interact with your child the most. We wrote a nice thank you leter to the 2 that did an outstanding job.

I have never heard that the counselors are not allowed to accept tips, is that true?

In fact we tipped several of them cash on our Jan cruise and they happily took it. Another item I try to use as a tip are the prepaid phone cards.

Have a great time, the kids clubs are FANTASTIC!

My husband went to the front desk to ask for some envelopes to use for the kids club councelors and they told him that "They are not allowed to receive any tips. They get payed well and therefore are not allowed to accept anything more." We felt that it was sad that we were not allowed to show them our appreciation, so we made sure we wrote a very nice thank you note and our ds wrote one too and we stuck it into their in boxes (they were off by the time we took them up).

My husband and I both said next time we will buy something ahead of time (phone cards) and just put them in our own envelopes and hand them out like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter