One day in LA!

kella

Earning My Ears
On the last day of our magical DL vacation we planned a trip to LA. Before we left Cincinnati we requested audience tickets online for a few shows for that day (May 2) and decided on the Late, Late show with Craig Ferguson.
(We really wanted Ellen Degeneres tickets and requested them online, but never heard from them-very disappointed). We left our hotel at about 10am and drove up to Santa Monica and visited the pier. My dd loves anything LA and CA, so she was enthralled. The weather was perfect and we found a spot to park at a meter. After touring the pier we drove up Wilshire Blvd. to Westwood and Beverly Hills and did some window shopping!! We then drove up Sunset Blvd. to the Hollywood Guitar Center Rock Walk of Fame. :rockband: It's a huge store with all the famous rock groups/stars handprints in the store entrance. Again, my dd's fave!! We brought snacks and water with us, so we took a break and ate while looking at the Hollywood sign. It was then about time to head to CBS Television studios for the taping - free parking and the taping was a hoot! Craig Ferguson is really funny, his guests were Randy Jackson(from American Idol),Carrotop and some musical group(name escapes me). During one of the breaks in taping, the warm up comedian held an audience member singing contest and my DH won a t-shirt based on audience applause for his singing! :banana: After we left the studios we were hungry so we went to Pink's Hot Dogs for dinner. What a terrific piece of Hollywood!
Lots of stars photos, the employees were terrific, and the prices were extremely reasonable. Huge chili,cheese hotdog,fries and a can of pop for under $6.00. (check out their website) After eating we drove up to Hollywood Blvd. and walked along the walk of fame and through the Kodak Theater complex and the Virgin record store - again my DD's fave!! :cool1: :cool1: On the way out of the Kodak, the Discover Health Channel was videotaping for a show and asked my DH and I if we would be videotaped for the show! We were both miked and interviewed separately - it should be on in August.
After our brush with stardom we headed back to Anaheim and our return home the next day! Our one day in LA was exciting and very inexpensive!!!

Thank you for sharing your day in LA. It sounds like you all had a fun and entertaining time. An FYI on the Ellen tickets - they are really hard to get.

Tink,

I kinda knew that, so my dd and I were online everyday and as soon as available came up on the day we wanted we clicked to order. They said everyone that got through would be contacted - but no contact. :confused3 We were disappointed at first, but it ended up being a great time at the Late, Late show! :happytv:

The traffic heading up to Santa Monica was a little heavy, but really the whole time we were out there it wasn't as bad as I expected. The worst was travelling from LA airport to Anaheim the day of arrival.

I'm glad you had such a good day. You know, I've never been to Pinks & I live here!

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter