One Month At A Time - Laura's Journal

Two days in one …

Yesterday I had a yogurt and banana for breakfast. When lunchtime rolled around, I was looking for something different. I dug out my George Foreman grill and decided to use it as a Panini grill. Using WW Whole Grain bread, I made a sandwich with turkey, 2 slices of microwave bacon, 1 slice of RF cheese, and some sweet peppers. I used a little ICBINB spray on the bread and grilled it. To complete the meal, I had a bag of WW BBQ Potato Crisps and an apple. It was very tasty.:thumbsup2

ry%3D400

For dinner, I wanted to use up some leftovers. I heated up some leftover peppers, onions, black olives and lean ham – added the mixture to some penne pasta. I will admit that I measured out 1 ½ servings of pasta – one serving just doesn’t fill me up, yet. (In the past, I probably ate upwards of 3 servings.)

ry%3D400

Snack was popcorn with a little grated cheese and EVOO. I was able to stick to just one bag tonight!

This morning I made some “French toast” with WW bread and eggbeaters. I also had a little ham and a banana.

ry%3D400

Lunch was a great big salad.

I was running errands and stopped into Dunkin’ Donuts to get my daily coffee. It turns out they were giving away a free donut with every coffee purchase. I absolutely LOVE donuts, but figured with the weekend coming up I wanted to save my extra weekly points – so I said “No thank you.” Very proud of myself. :cool1:

Last night I made an eggplant recipe that I make pretty frequently. It is a reduced fat version of Ina Garten’s (The Barefoot Contessa) eggplant gratin. Sorry for the bad picture – I had to sample it as soon as it came out of the oven and forgot to take the picture first. ;)

ry%3D400

Anyway, for dinner tonight I boiled up some pasta and added some of the eggplant gratin to it. (Notice the grated parmesan cheese in the background – I put grated cheese on almost everything. I couldn’t live without it and am willing to pay for “good” grated cheese.

ry%3D400

Not sure what I’ll have as a snack tonight – maybe some tea and anisette cookies.

Until tomorrow …

- Laura

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few days - I promise to be better from now on. :)

Just a quick "update" post - I was down 1.8 at this week's weigh-in for a two week total of 6lbs. :thumbsup2

The bad news? Yesterday, at the tail end of my daily 3.5 walk, I got a sharp stabbing pain in my heel and had to pretty much limp home. Based on my research (and the advice of other Dis-ers), I think I have a heel spur. :sick:

I'm hoping I can treat it on my own and get back to walking soon.

- Laura

Wow - 6 1/2 months since my last post. :(

As cliche as it is, I am starting over again for the New Year. I went to WW this weekend and re-joined. I prepaid for 17 weeks - nothing like putting some money down as incentive, right. :confused3

I'll get into more detail as I (hopefully) post daily, but since I last posted I gained back all I lost and then some. I am re-starting at 222.8 - the heaviest I've been in a very long time. As my ticker says, "72.6 pounds to go". :(

I also got a job at the end of the summer :-)cool1:), so I am more established with a routine. Hopefully that will help with my weight-loss goals.

Until tomorrow ...

- Laura

:wave2: Hi! Just want to offer you some encouragment! Good for you for starting again on your weight loss journey. You WILL be successful this time, rememebr that:thumbsup2

One quick tip, do you have a blender? What about making smoothies as a breakfast or snack? I make smoothies everyday. They taste great, take time to "savour" them and the frozen consistency is almost like a treat/dessert. They are also quite filling and very healthy. I always keep bananas and a variety of frozen fruit on hand for them. You can add ice, orange juice, skim milk (I actually use almond milk), yogurt ect. A favourite of mine is orange juice, a banana and frozen mango chunks. You can also try throwing in a handful or 2 of spinach and it still tastes great.

Goog luck, I'm rooting for you:cool1:

One quick tip, do you have a blender? What about making smoothies as a breakfast or snack? I make smoothies everyday. They taste great, take time to "savour" them and the frozen consistency is almost like a treat/dessert. They are also quite filling and very healthy. I always keep bananas and a variety of frozen fruit on hand for them. You can add ice, orange juice, skim milk (I actually use almond milk), yogurt ect. A favourite of mine is orange juice, a banana and frozen mango chunks. You can also try throwing in a handful or 2 of spinach and it still tastes great.

Thanks for the great ideas - I'm always looking for something quick and different for breakfast. :thumbsup2

- Laura

I didn't take any food pictures this week - but I must have done something right - I'm down 5.6 pounds for the week. :cool1:

Stealing an idea from another post, last night I stopped at Michaels and picked up two mason jars and some colored glass. One jar is "pounds lost" and the other is "pounds to lose". It is a pretty good visual reminder - I think I'll keep it in my kitchen for added support.

ry%3D400

Does anybody else have something to use as a visual reminder?

Have a great weekend!

- Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter