Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

This is what I was told by my TA and I'm really annoyed about it. I can still call and get my adrs but was looking forward to trying the new system--esp since it appears that adrs are so impossible this year!! I like using a TA but don't like having them book my adr's because they aren't going to be up at exactly 7am on my 90d mark, kwim???
Just venting...

You can make your own ADRs. They aren't tied to your reservation and you can't book the 90+10 time frame. I just made a reservation for Jiko for our first night at AKL. I logged in with my email and password, made the reservation and got an email confirming it about 30 seconds later.

I did an online ADR yesterday for Tusker House breakfast. This was my first experience with online ADRs. I was trying to get an 8 am but got an 8:20. Is there any point in calling the dining line to see if I can get an 8 am instead?

I never use a TA but for our Sept trip I did and I hate that I couldn't book all our adrs online this morning at our 90 day mark! Our TA did offer to book them online for us but I was worried she wouldn't do it as soon as they opened. However, even at 90 days out at 6am I couldn't get my first or second choice for our first night! Very frustrating! I did call and got most of what we were hoping for.

We only got one ressie that was even close to what we wanted. There were so many not available (even our 2nd and sometimes 3rd choice) that we booked what we could and now have to revamp our plans. I didn't really think we would have this much trouble, what a bummer! I won't do free dining again, its not worth it if you can't find anywhere to eat anyway!!:confused3

Does it work for DVC reservations? Or only regular Disney hotel reservations?

We own DVC and I made all of my ADR's online on Sunday morning. I was even able to check them afterwards with the confirmation #'s.

We own DVC and I made all of my ADR's online on Sunday morning. I was even able to check them afterwards with the confirmation #'s.

But were you able to get the dining system to recognize your DVC resort reservation number? That is the big problem everyone seems to be having. I can't get it to recognize mine yet! ADR's were all made on the phone because I needed the +10 days I couldn't get online!

But were you able to get the dining system to recognize your DVC resort reservation number? That is the big problem everyone seems to be having. I can't get it to recognize mine yet! ADR's were all made on the phone because I needed the +10 days I couldn't get online!

I am a DVC member and I was not able to book my Dining reservations online on Sunday. I got up at 450am Chicago time, only to get more and more frustrated with the whole online thing. I ended up calling at 6am,and after only a 5 minute wait on the phone I was able to get all of my dining reservations. I think some people might be getting lucky while others are not. For the most part it seems all DVC members are having this problem. Here are my reservations (not too bad considering):

Sept 27th: Boma 755am
Sept 27th: Teppan Edo 450pm
Sept 29th: Chef Mickeys 925am
Sept 29th: 50's Prime time Cafe 415pm
Sept 30th: Hoop Dee Doo 5pm
Oct 1st: Ohana 8am
Oct 1st: Kona 510pm
Oct 2nd: Le Cellier 710pm
Oct 3rd: Bibbidi Bobbidi 9am
Oct 3rd: Cinderella Breakfast 10am
Oct 3rd: Pirate League Adventure 1130am
Oct 3rd: Hollywood Brown Derby 505pm

:)

I'm a DVC member and cannot pull up my resort reservations either... I am also not at 90 days out yet... I called Member Services and asked why I cannot pull up the reservations.. The CM told me it is because I am not at my 90 day window yet... I explained that I know othr DVC members, not at their 90 day mark yet, and they were able to, and that I know other DVC members within their 90 day mark and they cannot... He didn't have an answer... But, he swore to me that my 90 day mark will open my reservations online... I asked if the phones would start to open at 6:00 for DVC members since we are going to fall behind by an hour, and he said no...

I'm a DVC member and cannot pull up my resort reservations either... I am also not at 90 days out yet... I called Member Services and asked why I cannot pull up the reservations.. The CM told me it is because I am not at my 90 day window yet... I explained that I know othr DVC members, not at their 90 day mark yet, and they were able to, and that I know other DVC members within their 90 day mark and they cannot... He didn't have an answer... But, he swore to me that my 90 day mark will open my reservations online... I asked if the phones would start to open at 6:00 for DVC members since we are going to fall behind by an hour, and he said no...

I wouldn't get my hopes that will be accurate. Mine didn't work before 90days and didn't work on Sunday on the 90day mark. Still doesn't recognize my ressie online.

Best of luck to you though.

I wouldn't get my hopes that will be accurate. Mine didn't work before 90days and didn't work on Sunday on the 90day mark. Still doesn't recognize my ressie online.

Best of luck to you though.

I really don't believe it will work. I will try on July 13th, but not holding my breath. However, I will call like everyone else, book over the phone and hope to get what I want. And if I can't get what I want, I will just keep checking back online at each day's 90 day mark. Hopefully all goes well though on the phone.

So I have to make my ressies online at 5 AM Saturday and I was practicing online and I see several new restaurants in Magic Kingdom that are taking reservations?

There is a Diamond Horshoe Buffet and a Tommorowland Terrace also showing a buffet? I looked at the WDW Info menu section and these do not show up. They are obvioulsy new and weren't there any other time I went - anyone have any ideas on these?

So I have to make my ressies online at 5 AM Saturday and I was practicing online and I see several new restaurants in Magic Kingdom that are taking reservations?

There is a Diamond Horshoe Buffet and a Tommorowland Terrace also showing a buffet? I looked at the WDW Info menu section and these do not show up. They are obvioulsy new and weren't there any other time I went - anyone have any ideas on these?

They are only during free dining I believe and only on certain days. TT is a buffet only offered on Sundays at MK. not sure when DHB is offered. They're just trying to take the overflow of free diners from what I hear.

Anyone have any idea why you can't make an on line ADR for Flying Fish? There's no "Make a reservation" button!

My ADR date is not for a couple weeks, but I have been playing around with the system just to get used to how it works. Has anyone used the date range feature and how does it work for you?

I was putting in CP and other offers for LTT kept popping up at all the times I tried, so I decided to do the date range on LTT to see if I got multiple choices. When I did that, it would only give one offer even though there had been other openings for LTT when I was trying CP. :confused3 Plus, it only gave me options for the first day in the range. I was using dates that were 86-90 days out since I didn't have a ressie confirmation number to put in.

So then I tried it again with San Angel Inn since I figured that was a less popular spot. I got multiple choices of times this time, but all on the first day of the range I put in. If I changed the range to a day later, then I would just get options for just that first day as well, but it never gave me options for different days.

The reason I ask is that I am going to try and get LeCellier for our trip. My first choice would actually be the last night we are there, not the first. However, I will take what I can get if I can't get my first choice. What good is using the range though, if you are going to only get choices for the first night? I'm just trying to figure out the fastest way to do it while still getting the best options.

Anyone have any idea why you can't make an on line ADR for Flying Fish? There's no "Make a reservation" button!

Look over on the right side menu and you will find a button for "online reservation." this is all a test to see if the people designing the site can outsmart and totally confuse us all.....:lmao:

My ADR date is not for a couple weeks, but I have been playing around with the system just to get used to how it works. Has anyone used the date range feature and how does it work for you?

I was putting in CP and other offers for LTT kept popping up at all the times I tried, so I decided to do the date range on LTT to see if I got multiple choices. When I did that, it would only give one offer even though there had been other openings for LTT when I was trying CP. :confused3 Plus, it only gave me options for the first day in the range. I was using dates that were 86-90 days out since I didn't have a ressie confirmation number to put in.

So then I tried it again with San Angel Inn since I figured that was a less popular spot. I got multiple choices of times this time, but all on the first day of the range I put in. If I changed the range to a day later, then I would just get options for just that first day as well, but it never gave me options for different days.

The reason I ask is that I am going to try and get LeCellier for our trip. My first choice would actually be the last night we are there, not the first. However, I will take what I can get if I can't get my first choice. What good is using the range though, if you are going to only get choices for the first night? I'm just trying to figure out the fastest way to do it while still getting the best options.

I found the same thing. I decided I would put in the day I wanted without a range and if I didn't get it go back and do a range. This all works better if the hard to get ADR is at the end of a 9 or 10 day trip than a five day trip.:headache:

Anyone else have this problem? I went into "my dining reservations" and tried to look up my ressies that I made online, about 3 of them, and only the one I made today came up. I even made one yesterday and it didn't come up. Can you look up your ressie number somewhere?

I can't retrieve any of the bookings I made online. And its been 4 days now.

Has the DVC 90+10 issue been resolved?

MS told me today it has, but I have no way of knowing if their information is correct.

I can't retrieve any of the bookings I made online. And its been 4 days now.

My experience was the same. I was able to retrieve the bookings by putting in the dining reservation number I was given while making the bookings. You can find that number on the confirmation email they send you following the booking session.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter