Online check in with later arrival?

MrsM

Mouseketeer
We're checking into a savanna view 2BR at Kidani on 11/20 after spending the day at Universal Studios. I'm guessing we'll stay at Universal until closing time of 8 pm so we won't be arriving at AKV until close to 9 pm. I know that's a busy week and I'm afraid we won't get any of our room requests checking in that late. Anyone know if it will help to do online check in or is it all just luck of the draw?

I'd do online just for the ease of getting your room assignment and being able to go direct to the room. We fly from the west coast and are generally arriving later than most and have had very decent results with requests. I've never held with the thought that later means no requests matching. I've actually had the worst results with early check in so I think it's just luck of the draw.

If you complete online check in and receive the room number via text or email, it's unlikely they will reassign that room to someone else since it's now technically occupied.

If you don't complete online check in, it's possible that your location request was granted but the room was reassigned before you physically check in at the resort.

If you complete online check in and receive the room number via text or email, it's unlikely they will reassign that room to someone else since it's now technically occupied.

If you don't complete online check in, it's possible that your location request was granted but the room was reassigned before you physically check in at the resort.

Yes to all of this.

This happened before we had the ability to let them know what time we would be there, but the ONE time I didn't do online checkin was the time we got the most unacceptable room in terms of features etc. and we arrived late, from universal (we couldn't tear ourselves away!), and it was at Jambo.

Since I've been the recipient of a room that was literally taken from someone who hadn't yet checked in (the cm looked through folders and found a room and took it from that person), I know they do that.

But if they know when you're arriving, and especially if you've gotten a text with the room number (which we have never gotten), I think the chances of that are lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter