• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Online games of Disney in comparison to vmk

gymnastgirlflips

Live, Laugh, Glove
Yeah, well its just that they made a really dumb mistake, and that rarely (if this is not the first one, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was) happens with Disney. They didn't realize what types of games they had and which age groups would be interested in what, and all of that.
Club Penguin- that is for littler kids that are still in elementary school mostly, and they get to play games and create their own little igloos and things like that. Hanging out and making new friends, and has a very safe enviornment. Now, I know alot of littler kids who would still get very bored with that game, mostly because they couldn't buy anything since they were not members.
Pirates Online- That was for older kids and adults, and mostly what you get on there is attack people, do quests, attack people, get weapons to attack people, and all that fun stuff. After a while, you would get kind of bored of that unless you have unlimited acess to get new things (to attack people) and have alot of different quests. Its pretty expensive, and after awhile I just cant help but think of what a waste of time it was for my little brother to be on there. Oh, and since mostly what everyone is interested only in their little quests, no one ever gets to make any friends really, and you dont really know if your new friends will talk to you or just want your help with their quests.
Toontown- I dont really know anyone who plays this, but it seems like you just battle villains and throw pies at them and stuff, and you have to pay with it no matter what unless you have a free month or something. I heard that you are busy with your quests on there too, so you dont have time for friends.
Pixie Hollow Game- (im not sure what its called exactly- sorry) Well, I know most boys wont want to play this game, and its mostly for little girls. Im pretty sure you dont have to pay... but I could be wrong. It seems very limited with the age and gender thing, so not many people play it.

So anyways, all these games have their negative points and get kind of boring after playing for a while right? Well, I just think vmk had something for just about everyone, as long as you were above the age of ten or so you could understand it a little better. So they had Disney park rooms, for all the Disney fans. They had many games to win credits, and these credits can be used to buy new things such as rooms, clothes, pins, magic, and furniture. You could make friends easily, and in a safe enviornment . You could go and trade to get those items you just had to have (which was usually what the older vmk players did) You could make your own rooms and games, collect things, do quests, get on during special events for special items, and so much more stuff. it was just the perfect game for just about anyone, young or old, and that is the one mistake Disney has made; closing vmk.
(Im not mad or anything, just wanted people to see the differences from all the games and compare, and see how awesome vmk was. Long live vmk!)

Ok, ok I am just kidding. Yes, i will admit that playing the pirates game for a while was fun. But it is not something i ever intended on paying for over any extended period of time. It is hard to justify paying for something like that when there are bills to be paid and other worth while things that i could be spending my money on, which brings yet another reason why i miss vmk and want it back. Or even to have something equivalent to vmk to play would be nice at this point ( since it looks to me like we have all lost hope of our dear vmk home returning ).

I'll be very honest here: while VMK was on, I dabbled in the other games, other than Pixie Hollow of course. As soon as they put up the message that they were "pulling the plug", I quit them. I may have enjoyed Pirates Online and bought a membership to the game, but I refused to reward Disney for taking away my main online game. As for the other two games, they are really childish. Club Penguin wasn't even Disney's to start with, but it is set up for 6-year olds, and Toontown is really ridiculous. You play as little odd-colored animals in what looks like a goofy comic book world.. total waste of time.

By the way, Toontown now has a free version that is extremely limited, so don't even bother giving it a look.

I feel the same way the other games to me aren't as fun as vmk was i mean although you got dc'ed it was still worth playing and i wouldn't mind paying for vmk it was that FUN!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter