Online petition to bring back Tom Morrow!!

W feel that the new soundtrack is bland, and is lacking the clever plays on words(ie Tom Morrow) that made the previous soundtrack so much an integral part of the ride.
I did not know the former pres was so upset. . . . .

I posted the link on my facebook, more signatures. :) Geez, wouldn't it be great if this works out? Thanks!

I signed! :thumbsup2 I never sign petitions but I want my name on this one! What were they thinking taking that away?!?!?!?!?!?! :scared1:

I signed too!:thumbsup2 While I am not against change, change for no apparent reason is silly.

**Update**Wow, great job so far!! I'm wondering when I should send it over-how many signatures do you all think would be enough? They say on the site that you can deliver the petition repeatedly, but that for maximum impact you should have a large amount of signatures the first time.What would this be..100? 200?

Problem with this is you would have to have a rounded number of guests WDW recieves per day/month/year, then you'd need a majority of signatures.

Also WDW is not a governmental entity, so we could sign till our fingers bleed and it'll be for naught, because WDW does not have to acknowledge a petition...

**Update**Wow, great job so far!! I'm wondering when I should send it over-how many signatures do you all think would be enough?

Maybe wait at least thru the weekend? Some people only get to the DISboards on the weekend, and would give them a chance to sign too.

I thought a lot more people would have signed this by the time I got online today. :confused3

Where is everyone?

I thought a lot more people would have signed this by the time I got online today. :confused3

Where is everyone?
No offense to the OP, as a I truly appreciate the effort, but I will sign it when it is a bit more detailed in it's explanation. As it is now, I wouldn't expect Disney to take it very seriously. One or two sentences doesn't really convey the impact that the change has made to so many. Again, please don't take offense, but I think something more eloquent and detailed would have more impact. Even referencing one of the many posts on this subject on these boards would help.

I signed! After the initial outcry over the change on the DIS, I thought more people would be signing too. Come on DISers!

No offense to the OP, as a I truly appreciate the effort, but I will sign it when it is a bit more detailed in it's explanation. As it is now, I wouldn't expect Disney to take it very seriously. One or two sentences doesn't really convey the impact that the change has made to so many. Again, please don't take offense, but I think something more eloquent and detailed would have more impact. Even referencing one of the many posts on this subject on these boards would help.

I would have to agree. If I was a WDI person reading the petition, I'd think, "They don't like the new soundtrack" not "They want the old soundtrack back." At no point in the petition does it actually SAY "bring back Tom Morrow" or even "bring back the old soundtrack." In fact, the petition doesn't really petition anyone to do anything. All it does is show that a bunch of people agree that the new soundtrack is bland.

A petition is supposed to be a call to action. It's a request for a change. This doesn't request Disney do anything. It just says "We don't like it." :confused3 If you ended the petition with "Please bring back the original soundtrack", then it gives Disney something to consider.

:earsboy:

Problem with this is you would have to have a rounded number of guests WDW recieves per day/month/year, then you'd need a majority of signatures.

Also WDW is not a governmental entity, so we could sign till our fingers bleed and it'll be for naught, because WDW does not have to acknowledge a petition...

One option...as well...is to do a Twitter campaign.

If you tweet something like:

FW this if you agree that DisneyParks should bring back "paging Mr. Tom Morrow" to the TTA!

Send a copy of the tweet to DisneyParks.

Then send it out. If you have a lot of Disney friends on your Twitter, then they will send it out...and so on.

Just another idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter