Only 1 Which one??

baileybaby

Mouseketeer
Help! I can't make up my mind! We are coming down to see family for Thanksgiving and can only commit to 1 day at a park. Which one should we do? We have only done magic kingdom in the past. My dd's are 7 and 9 if that helps. I thought about maybe skipping disney and doing Sea world this time. Maybe it won't be as busy. Any Suggestions?

That is where the Magic is at,if I only had one day I would open and close the Magic Kingdom.::yes:: :wave2:

Over Thanksgiving weekend? Yikes:eek: MK is the park for you, but the crowds will be more manageable at Epcot.:earsboy:

With the ages of your kids, MK is the winner in my mind.

Depending which day you hit a park, it's not that bad. If you visit early in the week (Sat thru Tues), you can probably do the major attractions of 2 parks in 1 day. One in the AM, pause for lunch and a nap, and finish in another park.

AK closes earlier than the rest, so if you do AK, you want to do it in the AM.

Evenining entertainment:
MK - Parade and fireworks
EC - Illuminations
MGM - Fantasmic

If you can schedule it on an E Ride Night, it will stretch the day significantly and make MK the clear winner for the 2nd park. Be sure that the kids get a LONG nap befor heading to MK for the evening.

When we do an E Night. We get to bed early the night before, and I promise my DW, DD, DS they they can sleep in the day following E Night.

Originally posted by Micca
Over Thanksgiving weekend? Yikes:eek: MK is the park for you, but the crowds will be more manageable at Epcot.:earsboy:

I know, we usually try and plan it in october but this year it ended up at Thanksgiving. SInce we have already done MK a few times we were thinking about maybe trying a different one especially if one is less busy than the othes!

Well, if you are trying to stay away from MK, then I would suggest MGM. With your children being 7 and 9, there are lots of activities for them at MGM. TOT, Muppets 3D, Backlot Tour, Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Star Tours and lots of characters. There are neat places to eat (Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time), too, plus Fantasmic. If I had to pick between the remaining 3 after taking MK out of the mix, then MGM would be the way to go. My DS (who turned 7 there last trip) loved it!

Sea World? I couldn't be that close to the Magic and not go, sorry. Everybody's right, it will be busy, but worth it to your dd's. Hope it works out for you!!princess:

Originally posted by turnlisa
Well, if you are trying to stay away from MK, then I would suggest MGM.

We are really considering mgm. I just wasn't sure if the crowds would be overwhelming becasue I have heard that this is a smaller park.

Originally posted by cooldisneymom
Sea World? I couldn't be that close to the Magic and not go, sorry. Everybody's right, it will be busy, but worth it to your dd's. Hope it works out for you!!princess:

I know How sad right! That is the way I am feeling. Although I hear Sea World is great it's not Disney!

I agree that w/your DDs ages that it would be better to do MK. But if you are trying to avoid that I would vote for either MGM or Sea World. When I was little, Sea World was one of my faves. I loved the animals. As far as Epcot, I would skip that b/c of their ages. I know some kids like it, but based on experience (my sisters are 17 yrs. younger than me and 15 yrs. younger than me) not all kids do. MGM does offer quite a bit for young children. Animal Kingdom is okay too, but they do not have as many rides as the others. There is also Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure if you want to stray away from Disney. Personally, my DH's and my faves are as follows:

1.) MK and IOA
2.) SW
3.) MGM
4.) AK
5.) Epcot and US

My sisters favorites (they are 9 and 7) are MK and IOA. But they have only been to those and US and Epcot.
As far as crowds, SW and MGM are probably going to be the least crowded b/c they have a lot of shows and you don't have to stand in line as much.
Of course, it is really not easy for anyone to tell you which you will enjoy most b/c we all have different opinions. But those are ours. Hope that helps some. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter