** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

These prices have me very nervous... waiting on the 8 night Med from Rome. We're totally fine with an 11C.

And of course now I'm pricing out other lines which have more nights and more ports for less. Bummer!
Right there with you:)

I'll double-check tonight but I think I won't be booking anything either FWIW. My husband has to stay home but at these rates paying that single surcharge is giving me minor indigestion. If he was able to go it would be a different story on a couple of these though! :ssst:

Thank you very much for explaining. We are looking seriously at this cruise, so your information was extremely helpful! So you ended up booking in 7A? Also very interested in this category. Did you have lots of choices/decks available to you? We may be sailing together!
Yes we ended up booking a 7A and there were quite a few choices on decks 5,6 and 7. However, we may switch to a category 5B which would increase the price to about $9.5k for the three of us.

Fantasy July 27, 2019 5E 2A $9,972 [4,499][4,499] [ins 719.84] no trans/air/OBB

Last edited:
i don't understand why the really awful western european one is so expensive...more than the much better northern and med cruises..
that is so weird...

so i have a pricing question - if you book on opening day and the price subsequently goes down, will DCL drop your price?
or are you screwed... :)
The only time you may see SOME sailings go down is after the PFIF date and those will be restricted rates, for new bookings only. We paid less than opening even booking some of those, but it was for the "boring" 7 night Caribbean sailings and came with a bunch of restrictions.

what is a Cat V on the Magic?

We priced, cruise only, no ins etc:
Magic 6/29/19 10nt Med: Cat-T, 3A, $39424.29. Cat-V, 3A, $25224.20, Cat-4A, 3A, $19824.20
Fantasy 7/27/19 11nt Southern: Cat-T, 3A, $36406.25, Cat-V, 3A, $21886.24, Cat-4A, 3A, 13405.24

Ended up on the 11nt Southern in a 4A.

For comparison, we are booked on the Magic's Aug 26, 2018 Norwegian "Fjords" cruise (they called it "Fjords" this year, but the itinerary is much closer to 2019's Sept 1 "Northern Europe" cruise). We are paying $5630 with OBB for 2A2K in a cat 9C. And that was booked a couple of months after opening day. I experienced some slight regret when I saw the 2019 itineraries, since I think the 2019 Fjords cruise is much nicer, but I'm not sure I would have paid the extra couple of thousand it would cost by the time I added two kids to your quote. Geiranger looks amazing, and I will definitely go there one day, but maybe not on DCL. Goodness knows what their prices will be like by the time I get the opportunity.

I'm Platinum, my sister's gold. We were looking for a trip to do with our husbands. The idea was that I would book today and she tomorrow. I booked this (because I was on the darned phone for close to two hours waiting!) and this is the price. Then I called her to discuss. Although this was within the budget (Barely. Okay, it wasn't, but it was not too far out!) I'm going to call later this afternoon to cancel. Good news for someone else who wants. I agree with others who say that Disney is pricing itself out of the market. I think they are in the market, just the market's expensive. These cruises are running $350 per person, per night, for category 9 cabins.

As my preferred sailings are generally ones with lots of sea days, I'll probably stick with TA and PC trips, where I'm spending way less than $200 a night per person. And we'll probably look at Viking for the Fjords trip. Same general price range but includes airfare, and a free tour in each port.

Meanwhile, can anyone explain why there is no Panama Canal trip for Spring of 2019 listed on the website? The Wonder is in Port Canaveral, then, two weeks later, she's in San Diego!

MAGIC {blackout dates noted with *}

May 12th, 2019 - 13-Night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise from Miami to Barcelona [Miami, Ponta Delgada (Azores), Lisbon, Cádiz, Málaga, Cartagena, Barcelona]
7A 2A $5416.58 [$2574] [$2574] taxes no ins/trans/air yes OBB
9D 3A $5141.37 [$1930.50|$1930.50|$877.50] taxes no ins/trans/air yes OBB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter