• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Opening Season Just Announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge / Summer 2019 for Disneyland

Already banking points for an Oct. trip in 2019. Hopefully its died down a little bit and off season. But I know it's going to be crowded.
I am so worried about being able to have fun when it will be so crowded, but we are going in August 2019 to celebrate my daughter’s HS graduation and that cannot be changed. I am sure we will have fun.

Already banking points for an Oct. trip in 2019. Hopefully its died down a little bit and off season. But I know it's going to be crowded.

October crowds are worse than summer IMO. My mom was sad that it was so crowded when we visited during Halloween season. On the night of a party we were at DCA and there was just a wall of people. Hard to move. I only experience summer crowds like that when Fantasmic ends.

Yes, it's really becoming crowded year round. But, with everyone in SWL, should be fun in CAP!

I wouldn't really think of October as off-season since Halloween is so popular at the parks. I would also expect the Star Wars mania to last a lot longer than October with a summer opening. I'm sure you will have a great trip anyway, especially since you seem to recognize that it will be crowded no matter what.

May 25, 2019 is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend...That would be a fun opening date .

I'm sure they don't have a firm date yet because things happen. And of course there will be pre parties. But it is fun to guess. I hope they announce the opening around January so we don't have a ton of upset visitors who expected it to open by early June only to find it opens later. Incredicoaster... :sad2:
I've considered booking VGC for May 25 (perhaps also May 4), but would need to cancel in January.
(cancelling late in DVC Use Year has restrictions)

My take is we will have an even better estimate when the announce changes to the AP...

We're hoping for a memorial day weekend opening. We're planning to book a few days May 30-June 2 and Sept 1-4 in case it's not ready yet. We'll at least go again in December for our yearly trip, but might sneak some other days in there if we can. It'll be interesting if VGC is hard to book even with the home resort priority. I currently have this wild dream to go to WDW in early 2020 to see theirs as well. DH thinks I'm cray-cray. I think he should just quit his job so we can go to DLR or WDW everyday. A girl can dream!

Anyone else now predicting a June 22 (or thereabout) opening of SWGE? The DAP calendar shows at least a week long block from Disneyland park starting June 21 (first day of summer).

Anyone else now predicting a June 22 (or thereabout) opening of SWGE? The DAP calendar shows at least a week long block from Disneyland park starting June 21 (first day of summer).
Yep, me and DH were just discussing this. Whether to move our dates and when.

In 2015 Peter Pan and Matterhorn were supposed to open in early May. Both were delayed with Matterhorn opening with the kickoff of the 60th at the end of May and Peter Pan being delayed until July. Delays happen.
Just a little correction (since I was the Imagineer in charge of both projects), we reopened the Matterhorn Bobsleds exactly when we intended to--all that had been announced was "May", and we always meant for it to be 22 May. Peter Pan was, internally, always supposed to open on the day of the 24-hour party for the actual 60th anniversary. But Disneyland PR took it upon themselves to issue a blog post advertising a *much* earlier date. Let's just say there was quite a dust-up on that day between my management and DLR's top leadership. Anyway, the 1 July opening was actually an acceleration from what we had planned all along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter