Opinions needed, going 10 days without EP!!!

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Need the experts help. We have only stayed at UO at RPR or PBH so we've always had EP's. We are now booked this year 8/4-8/14 at WDW, but are now thinking about going those dates to UO. Our 2 options for lodging are 3 nights at Sapphire Falls and 7 nights at RPR for a little over $2,700. Our other option is all 10 nights at Sapphire Falls for a little over $1,800. Besides the obvious price difference we like the look of SFR and the kids would love the pool, but our dilemma is no EP's.

So my question is if we used early park admission would we enjoy the trip as much as we do with the Express Pass?

TIA!

SF is a fantastic hotel. With 10 days you should be ok with out EP. We always have it and don’t do early entry, not a morning person. Using EE and single rider will help.

Need the experts help. We have only stayed at UO at RPR or PBH so we've always had EP's. We are now booked this year 8/4-8/14 at WDW, but are now thinking about going those dates to UO. Our 2 options for lodging are 3 nights at Sapphire Falls and 7 nights at RPR for a little over $2,700. Our other option is all 10 nights at Sapphire Falls for a little over $1,800. Besides the obvious price difference we like the look of SFR and the kids would love the pool, but our dilemma is no EP's.

So my question is if we used early park admission would we enjoy the trip as much as we do with the Express Pass?

TIA!

That is a busy time to visit...…

But, with 10 days you have plenty of time for everything...…..

EE works for many people, you can cover some rides and enjoy plenty of resort time too......and Sapphire is an amazing resort...…we really enjoy it. And we do love RPR......

You could go back in later in the evenings when they do quieten down a little.....sounds like a lovely relaxing trip to me...….

But, in saying that......I`d be tempted to do the split stay......not really much help am I......:scratchin

How many days will you be going to the parks? Do you have AP's? Why isn't 7 nights at SF and 3 nights at a deluxe an option? I would be tempted to book SF and keep checking for an AP rate for a couple of nights at a deluxe.

How many days will you be going to the parks? Do you have AP's? Why isn't 7 nights at SF and 3 nights at a deluxe an option? I would be tempted to book SF and keep checking for an AP rate for a couple of nights at a deluxe.

Because my family is used to having EP's. If it was up to me I'd stay all 10 days at SFR with the AP rate, it's a great price. I'm also going to price the trip as 5 nights at SFR and 5 nights at RPR.

I thin you'll be fine. It'll be different but a bit of patience never hurts. :) Download the game Heads Up for your phones- it's a great time killer! Ride the rides with the biggest lines in the morning. Most queues have really cool theming so it's not a big hardship to wait either.

We've never had EP, as we always stay offsite, and we are able to ride pretty much everything we want to ride. If you are there 10 days, you will have plenty of time to ride whatever you want.

It will be a busy park for your August dates

Think about a one night stay at rpr
You’ll get the free unlimited ep check in and check out day

You can cover less long waits in those two days

Do the rpr stay to cover a weekend date

Use EE when staying at Sfalls

Can you do Premier APs for after 4 express, food and merch discounts and what not?

That's one of the options we are looking at, if we stay at SFR for the entire 10 days. We usually buy the Preferred AP's, but I think between the Premier and EE we would be more than ok. We love plenty of resort pool time so this right now is our #1 option. We love the videos we have watched on SFR and it seems everyone is on board so I think we will book SFR for 10 nights with the AP rate and buy the Premier AP's.

It's official WDW is cancelled and 10 nights at SFR with the Premier AP is booked!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help with this decision. We are very excited to be going back to MACland!!!

Fantastic choice!!!

Glad to hear you made up your mind........:thumbsup2

I’m excited that you are excited for the way you did replan and set up your trip!

You will be the hero to your family and all will be having the best family trip ever

We would never steer you wrong
Your plans are perfect

Now all you have to do is wait

OP, I see your decision has been made, but did you ever price out 7 nights at Sapphire Falls and 3 nights at RPR? The reverse of what you proposed. You could use your 3 nights with EP to get all the main headliners done, so you don't have to worry about it quite as much when you're without EP. It would also give you different scenery, since 10 nights is a long time. Almost like two vacations in one.

I agree with PPs that you'll have time to do everything with 10 nights. But I know for us, even if we have the time, that doesn't necessarily mean we're ok with waiting 60+ minutes for some attractions and in the August heat/rain in some cases. Plus, in August, we like to have flexibility in case a pop up storm ruins plans. Having EPs lets us be as flexible as possible for that.

I’m excited that you are excited for the way you did replan and set up your trip!

You will be the hero to your family and all will be having the best family trip ever

We would never steer you wrong
Your plans are perfect

Now all you have to do is wait

That's why I come here mac, for all my UO info. This board has the best info going. Thank you all.

OP, I see your decision has been made, but did you ever price out 7 nights at Sapphire Falls and 3 nights at RPR? The reverse of what you proposed. You could use your 3 nights with EP to get all the main headliners done, so you don't have to worry about it quite as much when you're without EP. It would also give you different scenery, since 10 nights is a long time. Almost like two vacations in one.

I agree with PPs that you'll have time to do everything with 10 nights. But I know for us, even if we have the time, that doesn't necessarily mean we're ok with waiting 60+ minutes for some attractions and in the August heat/rain in some cases. Plus, in August, we like to have flexibility in case a pop up storm ruins plans. Having EPs lets us be as flexible as possible for that.

We really wanted to try SFR for all 10 nights, but what was keeping us from doing so was having no EP since all our previous stays have been either at RPR or PBH so we always had the EP. So when it was mentioned about getting the Premier AP with the 4PM EP we figured when we're in the parks in the morning we can ride things that have a manageable wait, and those that don't we'd just come back at 4 and hit those rides that the waits were too long earlier in the day. So we get to try SFR and still get some EP time in.

That's why I come here mac, for all my UO info. This board has the best info going. Thank you all.

We never would misguide you

Some good options given based on what worked for others were presented to you

But doing a long stay with no relocating is a real time saver

I have a few friends with the premier after 4 ep benefit and it works great in their touring park style

Early entry will help knock off long line waits
4 pm is that dream ap for one time usage of all ep ride/show lines

You come out a winner!

Afternoon is your pool time
You’ll cover it all in your long stay

Be sure to show your ap for the higher discounts for that premier pass!

Hope someday we can meet up in the parks again

It was a great time when we last did!

Wow 10 days at USO? That’s to long.

We just came back from a 4 day trip and by day 3 we had did everything and were just re riding everything and trying to find new things to do. We did stay at RPB so has the express passes.

Why not split 6 at WDW and 4 at USO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter