Opinions on Homewood Suites?

lorilori

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're considering using Hilton points for our first night since we're getting in late. Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites? Thanks so much for any comments.

We have stayed at the Homewood 2 years in a row and we would stay again this year, but we have decided to splurge and go with the new Residence Inn which is nearby. We enjoy the Homewood-- it is not a resort, but a nice hotel. Staff is pleasant and helpful and the breakfast buffet is more than adequate. you won't be disappointed. There have been posts on the Homewood-- not sure if the search feature is working, but you could try that for more info.

BigDave

Hi BigDave. Finally, a reply. I was beginning to think this hotel didn't exist! Thank you so much. The most important issue is cleanliness, hopefully it's good in that regard. Thanks again.

My family and I really love this hotel. It's immaculate, the serive is fantastic, and the breakfast includes Krispy Kreme Donuts!!! And the location is great--very convenient. We've stayed 2 years in a row and want to stay when we go again the first week in Feb. but the price is too high for us right now. You won't be disappointed, and if you were I'd be very surprised. Have fun.:)

Thanks so much for the positive review. It's nice to have the extra space after a long drive.

lorilori,

I have not seen the one near WDW but we have one very close to us where my mom and sister stayed last. Not luxury, not a resort, but a very nice suite-type room. Ours was built new and looks it. It could be an excellent value if you can get a good rate.

Stayed at Homewood in 1999. Hotel was in Kissimmee on Parkway Blvd. The room was in good condition, breakfast buffet at that time was an expanded continental breakfast type. The hotel pool was small, but was hardly used. The only problem I had was with the maintenance staff. One of the beds in our room would literally collapse whenver you sat on it. On several occasions I was promised it would be fixed, but it never was during our stay. We didn't need to sleep on that bed, but it bothered me that our request was not acted upon during our extended stay. I was trying to get it fixed so the next family would not encounter the same problem. The housekeeping was great, except for a small language problem. Most of the staff did not speak English at that time, so we had had some problems with housekeeping requests. But overall, I would give the hotel a high rating and would stay at a Homewood Suites again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter